1 10.00%
  • Marathi

0 0%
  • Bengali

0 0%
  • others

0 0%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Which industry is better moving forward in India?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravi Teja was like Sathyaraj? that baldheaded mean-looking man who got his break in Kodambakkam?
    I was referring to his acting style and his body language. Kick is a good example. You could see a pattern right from his Venky. As you mentioned, he wasn't good in remakes but was too good when a role like Kick was given to him. A transformation from this lollu type character to Vikram Singh Rathore can be achieved only if the particular industry has something to offer be it director or any other professional. Just compare OSTHI with Gabbar Singh.

Then you have Jr NTR- Who would have thought he can play the role of Yamudu in Yamadonga. I wasn't impressed with any of his movies before. But then you see a different NTR in Yamadonga. Same goes to Brindavanam. Again, ithellem panna "petha director" theva illai. Even within commercial format, they are able to surprise the audience with the tranformation.

How can someone explain a guy like Ram Charan playing the role of Kala Bhairava in Magadheera? Can we ask Surya to play this role in his second movie? Vasanth did try something initially until a totally different director like Bala has to arrive for you guys. But a telugu director would have achieved a similar feat within the commercial format easily. They wouldn't have taken that much time. Nagarjuna - His spiritual movies. I could hardly believe what was going on screen. A mass hero tranforming himself completely [Don't bring Raghavendra here since we are speaking the current situation]. Balakrishna - Rama role. Though I saw only parts of it, can't believe that it was him.

On deeply rooted films, Prasthanam is a good choice. Yesterday, I saw this movie "Kotha bangaaru lokam". Wasn't boring at all and the way the lead pair have acted is too good. Again, in tamil cinema finding this in the last 3 years? Only if a "different" director purposefully focuses on things, it will look explicitly. But telugu la sarva satharanam commercial movie layae nadakkura kaariyam. You don't need a super director to jump from the sky to deliver good films. If you are referring to pure transformations, how often has it happened in our industry? or once in every 3 to 4 years? I don't think Maddy's AE role was such a transformation. But RUN - YES. But then again how many of those director we have? How many of them are delivering different movies?

This surprise and the execution makes you anticipate their films more. E hit aanathu kooda ithu oru kaaranam. Namma aalunga oru framework ya edutha athu thaan kadaisi varai.. Myskin utpada. I haven't seen TFilms that are half as entertaining as telugu films in the last 3 years.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    That's all you got, for multiple threads of Gounder right here in Hub.
    Of course I don't expect this,
    http://dagalti.blogspot.in/2010/09/drums-mani.html

But something beyond blanket statements. State the sequence, how it brings out these modes. Particularly for something as audaciously equated as GM + VV rolled in to one (in being GM-esque, does he actually top it?), and for a man who has seen 1000's of Telugu movies, this should be easily more detailed..
    Saw that blog link. Sari. How will that link prove that GM had also done VV type of comedies?
    GM's speciality is his one liners and timing. Brahmi's timing and the body language makes him a totally different comedian altogether. You don't "just hear" the dialogues to burst into laugher. But the way he performs in those scenes actually makes it even more special. Kind of an acceleration.
    GM -
    Brahmi -
    I couldn't recollect few more very good videos. I will try to post them soon.

Nice cop-out tactic for someone who makes rigid claims.

Let me humor you though. I don't know how to cook. So I will refuse to qualify my food. I will just go on consuming it without feeling its taste, flavor, texture and so on . I'm a consumer, I'm happy being that way. But that's different from saying pompous things like 'Telugu screenplay are so superior' (with laughable qualifiers like it's getting remade in Hindi/Tamil). Expect someone to 'Tell us more'. Then goes 'Auuuuuu....'
    You said telugu films are trite. Finally we seem to be agreeing on Maghadheera. But still I don't know how you got suddently convinced by this if you were expecting "tell me more ya". Intha "Auuuuu" ellam Maghadheera OK nnu sollum pothey thaana vanthuduchu

Saapidum pothu flavor, texture ellam paarthu saapidura aalu yaarungovvv (Mannan goundamani). You would just say whether the food was tasty or not. Minji pona mix nalla irukkunnu solluvoem. How different the food is from the same chef at different times? But will you explain the nuances? Like the proportion used for making that. ingredient % etc. Ithellam theva illatha velai.

Hardly self-evidential enough to be called Axiomatic.
    You've just made tangential claims, but none of those backs up the original opinion.
    Telugu films trite.. framework mattum thaan athu ithunnu sollurathu. Ithukku ethavathu example koduthiya pa.. and then suddenly you agreed on Maghadheera. EKSI.

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ----------
    Last edited by P_R; 8th September 2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: sound and fury
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    -----------
    Last edited by P_R; 8th September 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: gaseous response

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    -------
    Last edited by P_R; 8th September 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    I was referring to his acting style and his body language. Kick is a good example. You could see a pattern right from his Venky. As you mentioned, he wasn't good in remakes but was too good when a role like Kick was given to him. A transformation from this lollu type character to Vikram Singh Rathore can be achieved only if the particular industry has something to offer be it director or any other professional. Just compare OSTHI with Gabbar Singh.

Then you have Jr NTR- Who would have thought he can play the role of Yamudu in Yamadonga. I wasn't impressed with any of his movies before. But then you see a different NTR in Yamadonga. Same goes to Brindavanam. Again, ithellem panna "petha director" theva illai. Even within commercial format, they are able to surprise the audience with the tranformation.

How can someone explain a guy like Ram Charan playing the role of Kala Bhairava in Magadheera? Can we ask Surya to play this role in his second movie? Vasanth did try something initially until a totally different director like Bala has to arrive for you guys. But a telugu director would have achieved a similar feat within the commercial format easily. They wouldn't have taken that much time. Nagarjuna - His spiritual movies. I could hardly believe what was going on screen. A mass hero tranforming himself completely [Don't bring Raghavendra here since we are speaking the current situation]. Balakrishna - Rama role. Though I saw only parts of it, can't believe that it was him.
    Devotional movies have been covered in my post. You're welcome. But again, these devotional movies aren't all of highest quality, the modern Telugu cinema I mean. Also, there isn't a genre transcending here, all very safe. While Early 90's with A369, JVAS could be considered gold standards for transcending genres within the format, compare that to superficial efforts of today.

Also, while we are on Arundhati and so on, I have a special kind of condescension reserved for people who appreciate all the loudness with which it was made. OTOH, if someone suggests it tried something visually, it's all fine.

And what is 'petha' director. EllamE TFI'la commercial thaane

As for the rest.. purely made point in terms of transformation, most choices you mentioned are all within the very format. Again, look at your fickle mindedness in suggesting that even Eega was 'safely' within the format and that its praise shows up people, in Eega thread. Now from a man suggesting that about E, isn't 'finding variations' in these films, all consistent? For your own listed transformation of mainstream heros, which are extremely mainstream and a set pattern. And it's not like this was appreciated. Most have brushed aside these roles from Nerd (drop kick to hero's face: Ravi Teja), Plum (pukes for Ram Charan, etc). Both their estimation of acting have been very detailed. While you're a flag-bearing MGR, Ajith fan. Sorry, I know whose estimation is much more meaningful without agendas.

If this is the par you set, Something from top of my mind:
    a)Simbhu doing VTV,
    b)Surya doing Nanda
    d) Surya doing bodhidarman
    c) Arya doing N.K
    d) Maddy doing Run, AE
    e) Jeeva doing Mugamoodi
    and so on..

Ithellam commercial illaina vera enna?

Also the main crux of this argument is how is this progressing the industry or moving forward. Your love for mainstream heroes & 'surprise' of their slightly updated screen registry is all so cute, but shall we move on to the general topic at hand?

On deeply rooted films, Prasthanam is a good choice. Yesterday, I saw this movie "Kotha bangaaru lokam". Wasn't boring at all and the way the lead pair have acted is too good. Again, in tamil cinema finding this in the last 3 years?
    Let me read this right, are you suggesting 'wasn't boring at all' as criteria?

But then again how many of those director we have? How many of them are delivering different movies?
    If this is your idea of difference, that is superficial genre variation (like Yamadonga, Magadheera).. then vonAm-ngrEn.

Actually in Maga/E as well, it is sense of visuals and aural design that makes it compelling big screen experience. The production values are top notch.. for the industry.

This surprise and the execution makes you anticipate their films more. E hit aanathu kooda ithu oru kaaranam. Namma aalunga oru framework ya edutha athu thaan kadaisi varai.. Myskin utpada.
    And all your samples all fall outside that Telugu TM-ed regressive framework? How? All well within standards, and have always been part of Telugu film world. ARe you a beginner?

The only real progression at any level, is the effort with which SSR executes his films visually. From some vision of the image, storyboarding..all the way up to post-production, there's a skillfull filmmaker there.

That aside, most of your post doesn't really explain how it is all 'moving forward' or 'progression'.
    I haven't seen TFilms that are half as entertaining as telugu films in the last 3 years.
    Thank lord for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    Saw that blog link. Sari. How will that link prove that GM had also done VV type of comedies?
    You've topped yourself. Appalling comprehension skill. Just read the part again. I'm CLEARLY asking you to prove where Brahmi straddles both modes.

Where do I even suggest GM has done VV type comedies?

Poor.

GM's speciality is his one liners and timing. Brahmi's timing and the body language makes him a totally different comedian altogether. You don't "just hear" the dialogues to burst into laugher. But the way he performs in those scenes actually makes it even more special. Kind of an acceleration.
    GM -
    Brahmi -
    I couldn't recollect few more very good videos. I will try to post them soon.
    Adapaavi, nee thaanE Brahmi is mix of GM and VV-nu sonna, ippo ennana 'totally different comedian'-ngra.

Sariyaana comedy nee.

You said telugu films are trite. Finally we seem to be agreeing on Maghadheera. But still I don't know how you got suddently convinced by this if you were expecting "tell me more ya". Intha "Auuuuu" ellam Maghadheera OK nnu sollum pothey thaana vanthuduchu
    Telugu films trite.. framework mattum thaan athu ithunnu sollurathu. Ithukku ethavathu example koduthiya pa.. and then suddenly you agreed on Maghadheera. EKSI.
    I clearly explained why Magadheera is an achievement for this industry, and that should suggest how backward they are. And even suggested 'E' might be the one which is actually 'forward' at some level. Also how is this sudden, have always maintained my views on SSR here in multiple threads and first page of this thread as well.

Poor comprehension skill again.

As for Trite, they are. From laughably lack of nuance of Rayalseema to compromised depitction of coastal Andhra (could even suggest this part) to their racist depicition of Thamizhs (a particular Allu Arjuna film) to sexism of women in general. And lack of rootedness in their foreign fetishism.

Mushy romance galore in Siddarth genre, from same industry taht gave the Marriage book ( stamina to the same man for making SRR)

I'd deeply resist the mind that appreciates this as 'forward'. Let alone, consume it all as 'entertaining'.

Saapidum pothu flavor, texture ellam paarthu saapidura aalu yaarungovvv (Mannan goundamani). You would just say whether the food was tasty or not. Minji pona mix nalla irukkunnu solluvoem. How different the food is from the same chef at different times? But will you explain the nuances? Like the proportion used for making that. ingredient % etc. Ithellam theva illatha velai.
    So edha pOttalum, saappidu.. Naan ennangrEn. Soda powder pOttalum unakku erangum

But idhu adhavida better'nu inga pudhu agenda create panradhellam semma comedy. Don't advocate your awful taste, and expect it to be unchallenged.
    Last edited by kid-glove; 7th September 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I will ask for more evidence like E=MC2 though I wouldn't provide one if asked for. I will pretend, continue to pretend to prove what others say and twist it back on them.
    Inga nee thaanE 'Telugu films are better'-nu pOtta.. As for their triteness, have covered it far better than you going on tangential planes without really adressing your original point.

Stop being intellectually challenged and let us know how Telugu industry is moving forward. Getting complete and utter nonsense, so far.

Pretentious = Saying telugu films are trite. then saying I accept that and then hiding behind comments like I need evidence. Naanum atha thaanaya kettaen. You didn't provide it first of all. Awfully funny..
    Is this like 'prove there is no God first, then we will prove how there is God'.
    Last edited by P_R; 8th September 2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: an exercise in pointlessness

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KG...cool man...

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast