aaniyae pudunga venaam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel very sorry for Laxmanan.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    VVS...Thanks for entertaining so far with your immense talent, selfless batting, stylish stroke play and you have given us handful of memorable moments to cherish for over!

Don't we have in HUB a separate thread for VVS? :searching:
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In this era of heavy bats/ugly stanced cricket VVS was our last/only contact to touch players who made the batting look ridiculously but it reflects poorly on VVS if he really did quit on those hateful cricinfo articles..this decision only serves the likes of Sanju Manjus to feel triumphant/important and continue to shower us with their drivel
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Post Thanks / Like

VVS Laxman was made scapegoat for India's overseas debacle, feels Sourav Ganguly

Gangs screenplaying..this is from a guy who had absolutely no regard for VVS and dropped him 2003 worldcup squad in the last minute much to selectors dismay.

"Even (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni, (Gautam) Gambhir, Ishant (Sharma) failed in Australia. It's a complete case of treating unequally. Age cannot be a factor," he said pointing out India's tour Down Under.

"I was doing commentary in that series. It was green-top all the way and Ishant could take only five wickets from four Test matches. If Laxman is singled out, then why not others?" he questioned.

"If this is the policy, then we will never be able to build a good side."
    even Cheeka isn't spared.

"Srikkanth has a big problem in communicating. A player like Laxman would not train so hard just to keep himself fit for two Tests. If they (selectors) conveyed their opinion to Laxman earlier, this situation would not have surfaced. Why they stretched till August? Probably, the selectors' judgment has hurt him (Laxman) the most," Ganguly said.

Ganguly also feels that Srikkanth's selection policy would be detrimental to Indian cricket's progress.

"They don't select a team taking the future of Indian cricket into account. They merely do a balancing act by means of removing and adding somebody. Indian cricket will not progress this way."
    some love for Dhoni

Someone who doesn't mince words, Ganguly was also surprised to find Laxman state at the press conference that the latter "found it difficult to reach Dhoni."

"A skipper should be available for his players 24 hours.

I don't know why Dhoni does this... But I think situation would have been different, if Laxman had got Dhoni's support," Ganguly said.

"Making this sound like a farewell series (for Laxman) does not make any sense. It's a fantastic decision... By this he has sent a loud and clear message to the selectors."

look @ me

I was playing (in a series) and then took the decision. But in his case, he does not have a future in IPL... He was training very hard for about four months at NCA and expecting to play this season when he had to take a call. Hats off to Laxman. He is 200 per cent right in his decision."

http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricke...-Ganguly/17063

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    retired with immediate effect??
    but for what u have done...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    S Badrinath comes in for VVS as the replacement. Edho paathu pannuppa..

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    S Badrinath comes in for VVS as the replacement. Edho paathu pannuppa..
    Great news...wondering whether he will get a chance.

Considering how weak our middle order will look without VVS and Dravid and also that Sehwag has expressed his wish to play in the middle order during the past..I think it is a good idea to send him down the order.
    It is time selectors for seriously consider Sehwag's role in the team....bullying teams in the sub continent in tests and playing one good match now and then during ODI is something to be looked at seriously.

Anyway if Sehwag goes down the order my XI will be
    Rahane, Gambir, Kohli, Sachin, Sehwag, Pujara, Dhoni, Ashwin, Ohja, Zaheer, Ishanth.

else
    Gambir, Sehwag, Kohli, Sachin, Badri, Pujara, Dhoni, Ashwin, Ohja, Zaheer, Ishanth
    Badri- because I am not convinced by Raina as a test player and Rohit should be playing domestic cricket now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kohls game doesn't cut it for no.3 in tests..Pujara should play @ no.3...Badri will be the waterboy

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
    Kohls game doesn't cut it for no.3 in tests..Pujara should play @ no.3...Badri will be the waterboy
    Agree Pujara is well suited for no.3...I was thinking that Pujara just back from injury and trying to cement his place will be a bit insecure for a critical position, also Kohli has made the no.3 position his in ODI and has been beyond belief..maybe he can translate it to the tests.

Badri will be waterboy for sure...I know

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast