Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: National Award Winner Danush - News & Discussions

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Thodari
    MBO - Brem Mall, Kuala Lumpur
    Thodari (P13)
    10:00AM 10:30AM 11:00AM 11:30AM 12:00PM 01:10PM 01:40PM 02:10PM 02:40PM 03:10PM 04:20PM 04:50PM 05:20PM 05:50PM 06:20PM 07:30PM 08:00PM 08:30PM 09:00PM0 9:30PM 10:40PM 11:10PM 11:40PM 12:10AM (24 Sep) 12:40AM (24 Sep)

MBO - Harbour Place, Klang
    Thodari (P13)
    10:05AM 11:15AM 11:45AM 12:15PM 12:45PM 01:15PM 02:25PM 02:55PM 03:25PM 03:55PM0 4:25PM 05:35PM 06:05PM 06:35PM 07:05PM 07:35PM 08:45PM 09:15PM 09:45PM 10:45PM 11:55PM 12:30AM (24 Sep) 01:00AM (24 Sep)

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thodari In France (from 22-sept-2016) :

CGR EPINAY SUR SEINE: 3 shows daily (Thu-Tue)

LE BRADY - PARIS, MEGA CGR - EVRY, MEGA CGR - TORCY, CGR LE FRANÇAIS - BORDEAUX, CGR BRIGNAIS - LYON, CGR BLAGNAC - TOULOUSE: 1 show on Sunday.

Released by Aanna Films

Will be watching it on Sunday.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

5. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely movie watching experience it was! Except for the last half hour (when you have to suspend belief) the movie worked big time for me.

Basically it's a love story, set on a runaway train. Subplots just add drama to it.

The first half was thoroughly entertaining with magnificent sceneries, enchanting cinematography, melodious songs and good screenplay.

Second half onwards was funny, some intended some unintended. 😁

It's a Prabu Solomon show all the way.
    Don't listen to rumours, go and just enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thodari is a Blockbuster.

Reading the title, several may chuckle getting themselves into a mockery mode; some may even come up with fancy lines judging me to be a fan of Danush; or biased to promote a relative to Rajini.

Very few would think why I said that.

Often people use this term "Blockbuster" without knowing its origins. They use it to identify any film that they desperately try to promote, without evaluating the eligibility. Moreover they coin such tag, just because someone else had stated so. A film crossing certain unreachable sales is coined as Blockbusters (today). And this unachievable amount is said to be made in the opening day itself, magically converting a film into a Blockbuster.

The origin of the word Blockbuster, can be found during the wartimes, where the explosives bombarding the blocks were addressed such a way. As a bomb has a devastating effect, the negativity in the explosion is also used as a description, coined as "Bombed". A hit or flop, the attractive adjective is derived from an explosive bomb.

Before the motion picture era, stage plays (formally known as theatres) were a major attraction. People stood in long lines running beyond several blocks, waiting to get their tickets. Thus, the show was advertised for the first time as a "Blockbuster" - crowd waiting around several blocks. Later when the film industry took shape, similar phenomenon happened; this time they locked the cinema hall from inside, to forbid the waiting crowd to pour in before the end of the currently running show. The Block, meaning the door, was Busted by the fans, thus the film earned itself a new title "Blockbuster".

The initial meaning of the term "Blockbuster" was used to describe a movie by the production houses, has slowly vanished (read the Title again). A Blockbuster is every A-grade film, an attraction addressed at the society with a huge production cost and star cast. "A Summer Blockbuster" tag was added in the movie poster even before the movie's release, announcing that it’s an entertainment for the entire crowd. Technically, a Blockbuster is a form of movie making, which was later acquitted to sales. A Blockbuster may Bomb, too, but never will it lose the tag.

There is a new hybrid of audience who are happy to use terms they are not familiar with. These are the same crowd who widely talk about movies and have a particular attraction towards Indie, B-grade and Art-house films. As they do not know what category of film they are watching, they call them Blockbusters and promote it as though it is the next big thing in the industry, just because they liked the film. Moreover, they have recently been exposed to such genre film, that make them think is the only perfect way of making a film. It’s like calling an exploitation slasher film as Art-House, as the blood and gore is so real.

A movie where the main character writes an imaginary name when he applies for passport, and by the almighty's grace, she is real and standing before him. I accept it, but the ones who have been lauding Andavan Kattalai, pose questions about the speeding train in Thodari and could not come to term with themselves to see an artist with such a physique standing on top of the train. Well, if anyone is going to talk about a film, more than "I like it" - "I don't like it", must study the film work first. The writer connects the character with the incidents through the name of the character itself - Poochi. Simply put, A fly on the Train. That's the aspect that has to be explored in the film, and not how is it possible for Danush to stand on top of the train. That's an invalid question, as a Film is irreal and made only for entertainment purpose. Only Mari's dialogue comes to my mind!

Two guys from a remote village, land in the city and from the first step they complain about the city life. Further, they are shown to be deep under the financial scale and do not carry any proper documents. Fine with me, a platform is laid. But in a song, it says that we are spending too much on sending rockets to the space. When talking about financial operations pertaining and concerning an entire country, the first thing to be noted is who its contributors are - the tax payers. I doubt these guys have even given a paisa towards the society. They do not have the right to comment on such huge aspects without prior knowledge. They roam asking anything and everything from the society, those which they themselves will not share. Now, this movie is lauded to be a Blockbuster, but Thodari derails.

I watch movies to spend time or anything else than to get any bloody message. There are far better and necessary works to consult for that. A film maker narrates his horrible experience during his initial stay at, say, at MGR Nagar. Then, he decides to make a film about that, posing as a prophet for the society. Someone's problem will never be a guidance to another one. The affair should have been handled more intelligently, a wise mind would have advised. But anything talking ill about our society, our politicians or about ourselves gets a deeper appreciation proving the depressive and helpless state of mind. It nowhere strikes the chords of intelligence.

Tamil Film Industry has survived many waves of change. Hope it comes over all these "Review Board's" templated word waves. Recently I came home an evening, and rushed to check a movie trailer. When I typed its name on Youtube, the first seven videos were tagged "Trailer Review". The eighth video was the actual trailer which was released only few minutes before. A pathetic situation has covered few movie fans like us, like a thick blanket. Moreover, I came across articles where the author seems to registry his sense of humour more than the product he has picked to talk about.

Comparisons are made just to boost their personal knowledge over world cinema. Thodari is said to be on the lines of "Unstoppable". Films like Runaway Train, Transamerica Express, Super Express 109 [famously known as Bullet Train] (Keanu Reeve's Speed is based on this film, but happens on a bus), were never made! For that, what happened to our own Burning Train, Murattu Kalai, Enthiran, Lingaa, Inaintha Kaigal or Senthorapoove, or even the super hero films like Krissh or Ra One!

I literally stopped talking about movies because of these crooked new-gen audience who are merely attention seekers. I enjoy talking about films, recommending them and discovering a similar happiness inside others while watching the same film. I felt like the spirit of movie going or movie watching is slowly diminishing, as every movie is slapped, certainly no movie merits such a treatment. There is a race every Friday, not among the films, but who will review it "First on Net". Reviewing is good, when made properly, taking much time to talk about the product and not just after the minute the title card is pulled out. I wonder how people manage to Review a Rajini film after watching the FDFS. Even in France, I had to watch it for the 3rd time to understand what was being said.

Here is a throw, a sort of information that a reader gets/wants to know in a review, and not just a summary or a pointless rating of the film (rating is an entriely different topic, funny each time you think about it). Here is a detail no one mentions or cares about: Thodari falls under a unique, different and a rare genre called "Bruised Forearm". Why the genre is different because, it does not refer to the movie directly, but to the audience reaction. A movie that makes the person next to you (read "Girl Friend") holds to your arm and does not let it go but starts squeezing it, that you get bruises in your arm before the show is over. (Talking about films was such a fun those days). Films, mainly involving high speed real-time action, with car chases or train stunts that mixes the involvement of acceleration are known as "Bruised Forearm" movies.

Enjoy cinema, spread the good words, please.
    Last edited by mappi; 29th September 2016 at 03:31 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456