Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Why will Cricket be never on the Olympic Games ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Fraction of a second then minutes of rest, fraction of a second then minutes of rest, rinse, repeat.

Think I'd pass and take proper sports where they play more, not spend more dead time in rituals and routine to play, and in a ever changing labyrinth where you continually engage in problem solving, where every fraction of second, every move, space, time and conciousness in a dynamic continuum. Like a 3 dimensional graph, not bar charts. No thank you.
    Oh nadaan parindey Ghar aaja..Ghar aaja
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares about Archery. But I'd still like to rub it in and troll faux-Sports fans.

Find angles through a circular pin chart with a hand controlled blade of wood isn't quite elitist, no amount of partisanship would mask the elite posturing, it's not quite a continual space-time orchestration of XI vs XI on chalkboard..
    Last edited by kid-glove; 31st July 2012 at 03:04 PM.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sagaas... sariyaana pOtti..
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Who cares about Archery. But I'd still like to rub it in and troll faux-Sports fans.

Find angles through a circular pin chart with a hand controlled blade of wood isn't quite elitist, no amount of partisanship would mask the elite posturing, it's not quite a continual space-time orchestration of XI vs XI on chalkboard..
    nope..refusing to play on Sundays and wanting a rest day is elitist

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The adulation for cricket among Indians still baffle me. Had some conversation with Joe on it, and it's baffling why football (soccer, you yanks) is not more popular, if you count out US, it's the most popular in the world. And in Olympic it's just a side dish, when World Cup, I believe, is a lot more popular. Even retired-football player/fan like me get perked up during WC, but never during Olympics. It's late in the afternoon, I am blabbering.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still wonder why they even request for 'rest' these Cricketers, they'd do that for most of the game.

White on whites, kerchief pinned to the hip, spitting and cleaning the ball, chucking it like a limp, Take shelter when it drizzles down, Drinks, Tea and lunch, and many other associated oddities combined with Duckworth and Lewis, Hawkeye, etc makes it a queer lazy ass sport ever known to Man kind. More of a charade as I said before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dhorasoo, Narsingh, Harmeet Singh are more of a Sportmen than Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Grouch, yam much more perturbed by the new found following the club/world cup football seems to enjoy amongst youths in India..we really don't have a tradition nor we ever been any good in playing it so never understood the fuss in following it

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to be Western to love Western Classical Meesik.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I didn't know that part, wizzy. Cricket craze was more of city folks thingy even from back then, and then football followed. Is it growing now, I mean amongst the city boys?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast