View Poll Results: Which of the Vijay movie do you think is the most important movie of his career?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poove Unakkaga - Vijay's talent get's noticed

2 5.56%
  • Kadalukku Mariyadhai - The boy-next-door becomes an household name

6 16.67%
  • Ghilli - Establishing Vijay as the Undisputed King of Commercial Cinema

18 50.00%
  • Pokkiri - Redefines Vijay's mass and reach among all audiences

1 2.78%
  • Thuppakki - Re-establishes Vijay's top position in today's highly competitive industry

9 25.00%
Page 387 of 398 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 3976

Thread: ★ Ilayathalapathy™ VIJAY ★ - Updates and Discussions # 8

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    if you remember ARM had said that he prepared the script for vj during Dheena...and later it is history....and there were good amount of caustic attacks on ARM....and vj wanted to work with a big director like ARM only after ARM became big league in India after Ghajini... the the equations changed all in a day or less....
    VJ is one of the actor who gave chance to new directors whether u can digest it or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay60 to be directed by
    KV Anand
    Post the roaring success of ‘Anegan’, looks
    like director KV Anand is gearing up for his
    next.
    It’s a well-known fact that he approached
    Vijay for ‘Anegan’ before Dhanush, but the
    deal dint happen owing to lack of dates.
    However, it looks like the director doesn’t
    give up easily.
    He has already approached Vijay with a fresh
    script and got the ‘Yes’ nod. Reportedly, this
    project is produced by Kalapathi.S.Aghoram
    and talks reveal that, Nayantara and Anushka
    Shetty will also play important roles in this
    project. Harris Jayaraj is buzzed to be doing
    the music.
    The official confirmation about the ladies has
    not arrived yet, however it’s confirmed that
    KV will direct Vijay60.
    Meanwhile, Vijay is busy with his next movie
    "Puli" directed by Chimbu Devan. It is a
    mega-budget project produced by Shibu of
    Thameen Films and PT Selvakumar. "Puli" is
    expected to hit the screens in July 2015.
    After the completion of this film, he will be
    heading for an untitled film directed by Atlee
    Kumar of "Raja Rani" fame.
    It is only after the completion of these two
    movies that Ilayathalapathy will be starting
    KV Anand's film.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaushik(behindwoods editor) usually shows unhappy with the theatre listings in paperads even after the movie has been taken out now for some reasons he keeping his mouth tightly shut or he convincingly missed to notice it #fanboy

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by praboo View Post
    Kaushik(behindwoods editor) usually shows unhappy with the theatre listings in paperads even after the movie has been taken out now for some reasons he keeping his mouth tightly shut or he convincingly missed to notice it #fanboy
    baby albert only night show
    reply to critics for kaththi running only in baby albert now reversed for them within 20 dAYS

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.indiaglitz.com/Vijay:-Car...il-news-126775

happy to read they have recovered from illness
    God bless all

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friends... I was watching Pokkiri otherday after sometime. And Enjoyed to the core.
    Anyone had great experience of watching this Epic on silver screen? Share the experience.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post
    Friends... I was watching Pokkiri otherday after sometime. And Enjoyed to the core.
    Anyone had great experience of watching this Epic on silver screen? Share the experience.
    Hey Bro,

Pokkiri was a great first day experience for me, as any other Vijay movie, but sadly, this is one movie that i prefer the least among all blockbusters of Vijay. Apart from the Pokkiri Pongal song, I don't remember seeing much of the movie or its scenes, repeatedly over the years.

Dharani made Vijay stamp his class and authority all over Ghilli, whereas Prabhu Deva made Vijay imitate Mahesh Babu in Pokkiri. Could be the reason why, to me personally, the movie didn't appeal much.

Nevertheless, a huge blockbuster and a I have heard many Vijay fans shortlist Pokkiri as their favorite movie of Vijay.
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 2nd March 2015 at 07:46 PM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

9. Likes Russellmvr liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Pokkiri was a bad remake of Pokiri. One person who stood out in the remake was Vadivelu. His comedy was better than that of Brahmi and Ali in the original.

Vijay imitated MB and there was nothing new. That is why I was reluctant to add the film in the Top 10 favourite films of Vijay list that each one of us came up with few months back.

However these were my initial thoughts and the same film looked like a classic when the combo came up with their next,Villu. PD is one waste fellow and hope he doesn't direct any movie in the future.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

11. Likes Russellmvr liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never get bored of Pokkiri. It oozes mass appeal. Could not get tickets First day. Then went to Koyambedu Rohini complex assuming could get one. But the film did not release there as there were some distribution issues due to the Aadhi debacle I guess. Then saw Aalwar first day Finally saw the film on the 3rd and 5th days at Devi. And later once again at Abirami. Had seen parts of Pokkiri Telugu before. Probably if the movie released these days I might not have enjoyed the almost scene by scene replica. But 8 years back it was pure fun. I still do not believe that Vijay made a mistake by imitating MB. Even now I feel had he done it some other way the essence of Pokkiri would have been lost.
    I rate it as once of his best actioners. After the saturation point of having viewed multiple times Ghilli and Pokkiri....given a choice of which film to watch again my choice would be Pokkiri.

P:S: Rohini then released the film much later. Guess after 70 days though not sure about this exactly. This was also the sunset period of films running for 175 days and Pokkiri had a genuine long run.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is true. Watched the film on its 100th day in Devi Paradise and the atmosphere was electrifying.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

14. Likes Russellmvr liked this post