View Poll Results: Which of the Vijay movie do you think is the most important movie of his career?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poove Unakkaga - Vijay's talent get's noticed

2 5.56%
  • Kadalukku Mariyadhai - The boy-next-door becomes an household name

6 16.67%
  • Ghilli - Establishing Vijay as the Undisputed King of Commercial Cinema

18 50.00%
  • Pokkiri - Redefines Vijay's mass and reach among all audiences

1 2.78%
  • Thuppakki - Re-establishes Vijay's top position in today's highly competitive industry

9 25.00%
Page 180 of 398 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3976

Thread: ★ Ilayathalapathy™ VIJAY ★ - Updates and Discussions # 8

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/35605143.cms

Actor Vijay recently chose to take time off his hectic schedule to meet Arsheya, the three-year-old daughter of one of India's bravest heroes, Major Mukund Varadarajan. The Chennai-based Major from the 44th Battalion of the Rashtriya Rifles had lost his life fighting militants in Kashmir on April 25 this year.

The meeting, organized by Chennai-based activist and environmentalist Abdul Ghani, lasted for over 45 minutes at a place near Vadapalani, where the star was shooting. The star's decision to spend time with the child has now caught the attention of film buffs. Says Ghani, "We had organized a tribute meeting on Tuesday and everyone was a little sad after the event. We were driving back home when the Tamil Pasanga song from the Vijay-starrer Thalaivaa started playing on the radio. Arsheya, who was asleep until then, immediately woke up on hearing the song and even started singing along."

It was then that Ghani got to know that little Arshi was a huge fan of the star and that she had seen Thalaivaa with her dad, Major Mukund. The child loved the song so much, that she would immediately begin to dance and sing along, every time it was played. "Once I realized this, I requested Vijay to spend some time with Arsheya. I called up Vijay anna and he immediately agreed," says Abdul, adding, "They had a good time laughing, having fun and clicking selfies. She was extremely thrilled about meeting Vijay. It was heartwarming to see Vijay bring in some happiness to the family at a time they have sunk in gloom."
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful gesture. What more can an actor/entertainer ask for? Earlier, there was a kid with cancer whose only solace was listening to ARR songs and I rated that more than his Oscars. This is nothing short.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

4. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yov yethukuya indha veen publicity pannuringa ???

Senior Member Regular Hubber preethamm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murugadoss was supposed to make Akshay-starrer Holiday before Thuppaki'
    Meeta Sarkar , Hindustan Times Mumbai, May 26, 2014
    In 2002, when Vipul A Shah turned director with Aankhen, he worked with Akshay Kumar for the first time. Ever since, the two have developed a special equation, collaborating on hits like Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), Namastey London (2007) and Singh Is Kinng (2008), among others. Their latest project is Shah’s production, Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off Duty, directed by AR Murugadoss.

“Even before he made it in Tamil, titled Thuppaki, Murugadoss narrated the script to me in 2010. I immediately thought that this film will take my association with Akshay further. Luckily, when we narrated the story to him, he loved it too,” says Shah.

The film also brings Akshay back with Sonakshi Sinha, with whom he has hits like Rowdy Rathore (2012). Shah says, “Their pairing is a great success. People love to watch them together. So it’s going to be a big plus point for the film.”

Holiday is Murugadoss’s second Hindi film after Ghajini (2008), which was Bollywood’s first Rs. 100-crore earner. Shah says that the Hindi version was to be made before Thuppaki. “Holiday was supposed to be made in Hindi first, but due to some time constraints, that didn’t happen. Our shooting had even begun before the release of Thuppaki,” he adds.

The makers are also confident of cashing in on the prevalent patriotic mood in the country, wherein the mass sentiment is to put India first. The film’s tagline reads, ‘A soldier is never off duty’. “Even if he has gone on a vacation, he will never back off from being available for his country if there’s an issue,” explains Shah

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entert...1-1223000.aspx

so thupaki too a remake executed well before the original one with akshay
    vijay and remake a better love story than twilight saga

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by preethamm View Post
    Murugadoss was supposed to make Akshay-starrer Holiday before Thuppaki'
    Meeta Sarkar , Hindustan Times Mumbai, May 26, 2014
    In 2002, when Vipul A Shah turned director with Aankhen, he worked with Akshay Kumar for the first time. Ever since, the two have developed a special equation, collaborating on hits like Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), Namastey London (2007) and Singh Is Kinng (2008), among others. Their latest project is Shah’s production, Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off Duty, directed by AR Murugadoss.

“Even before he made it in Tamil, titled Thuppaki, Murugadoss narrated the script to me in 2010. I immediately thought that this film will take my association with Akshay further. Luckily, when we narrated the story to him, he loved it too,” says Shah.

The film also brings Akshay back with Sonakshi Sinha, with whom he has hits like Rowdy Rathore (2012). Shah says, “Their pairing is a great success. People love to watch them together. So it’s going to be a big plus point for the film.”

Holiday is Murugadoss’s second Hindi film after Ghajini (2008), which was Bollywood’s first Rs. 100-crore earner. Shah says that the Hindi version was to be made before Thuppaki. “Holiday was supposed to be made in Hindi first, but due to some time constraints, that didn’t happen. Our shooting had even begun before the release of Thuppaki,” he adds.

The makers are also confident of cashing in on the prevalent patriotic mood in the country, wherein the mass sentiment is to put India first. The film’s tagline reads, ‘A soldier is never off duty’. “Even if he has gone on a vacation, he will never back off from being available for his country if there’s an issue,” explains Shah

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entert...1-1223000.aspx

This was told by ARM itself even before Thuppakki released...Going by your logic I guess you will consider Kaavalan as original as it was supposed to be made before Bodyguard

Senior Member Regular Hubber preethamm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    This was told by ARM itself even before Thuppakki released...Going by your logic I guess you will consider Kaavalan as original as it was supposed to be made before Bodyguard
    well hearing now only
    kaavallaan yes let it be original anyway that was average film

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    well hearing now only
    kaavallaan yes let it be original anyway that was average film
    And there is one actor in Kollywood who has acted in so many remakes via your logic after these films lost the originality after being turned down by Ajith,Vijay ....and so on.

10. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இன்னொரு பாஷைல எடுக்கப்பட வேண்டிய படம் தமிழ்ல எடுக்கப்பட்டா மட்டும்தான் ரீமேக் கணக்குல வருமா இல்லை இன்னொரு ஹீரோவுக்காக எழுதப்பட்ட கதைல ஒருத்தர் நடிக்கிறதும் வருமா? ஏன்னா, அப்படி ஒரு பெரிய லிஸ்ட் எங்கிட்ட இருக்கு.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

12. Likes CEDYBLUE, uruzalari liked this post
    Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds Vadivel dialogue

Enna oru buthisalithanam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we have unearthed a new type of Executed-Well remakes and generating such a list in tamil may not make a twilight-saga kinda love story though. This looks like one love story that was raised out of sheer desperation.

The thing with remakes is, the producers have to shell-out a huge amount for acquiring the remake rights and then spend producing the movie here, again.

It is sad that some heroes never had nor would ever will, have such luxuries. They instead have to wait for Executed-well remakes.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |