Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Important Notice to Hubbers of this Section

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody please tell me the meaning of this thread namely
    "Important Notice to Hubbers of this Section"?
    I come in here to learn the importance of this section and what do I see? I mean what do I read?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    Please advise me... Should I continue to participate here... or Quit?
    don't go, Sudhama. Stay. You posting so many things we all can fight over. Stay. without you the place will get a little boring.

Take my advice! Stay!

Nobody takes my advice seriousely! "Sigh"
    Araitha Maavai Araithal, Iditha Maavai Idithal,
    Avitha Maavai Avithal, Kindal, Kilaral, Mudithal!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

POSTING Quotes

Friends,

Most of friends repeat the previous posts and comment a word or Two, WHICH occupies lot of disk space, Can this be avoided, unless really important.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: POSTING Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by devapriya
    Friends,

Most of friends repeat the previous posts and comment a word or Two, WHICH occupies lot of disk space, Can this be avoided, unless really important.
    Good suggestion Devapriya! You may have the support of Solomon = Ancheneya = PaulThomas = Pavitra and others, e.g. me. But are you able to allay their fears that you might go and edit your posts once a dispute on the posts or comments develops. Using the quote option may also facilitate easy ref.

But maybe, we should use the quote feature only for important posts.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mala: You can quote and delete the lines that are not needed for the response. That saves space.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deleted thread "Are Dalits Hindu?". Too racist. Pls read the do's & dont's before starting a thread.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR

"Are Dalits Hindus" is not too racist. This can be discussed. By deleting, you are totally agreeing to those who cover up the real facts. Be fair in your judegement.

Senior Member Regular Hubber mohanraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear moderator and friends,
    I have been a registered member for about 6 months plus and this was primarily because of the hub featuring in a TV serial.I have been silent for a long time and started posting sporadically that too in the film and tv sections.In fact over the past few weeks I have been reading the Indian History/culture sector and find it very disturbing to say the least.
    So much of animosity....hate....parochialism. Everyone must love their mother tongue,their state/city etc this must also spread to the Nation...willy nilly we are a sovereign, democratic and secular republic...let us strive to keep this forum as one too.Start any thread but ensure that you do not indulge in chauvinism.Any mention of anything is resulting in discussions which transcend limits of decency.I can only suggest one thing to all....If someone starts a thread that Shakespeare was an Aryan....I beseech others not to enter it and taunt him.....you start a thread & claim him to be a dravidian.....all those in favour of one will post it there and the others in the other thread...neutral,knowledge/information seekers will read both threads and come to their own conclusions.....I really want to know can there be no thread without someone flaunting his or her superiority or deprecating the others......It is this kind of fundamentalism that leads to extremism.....moderators should not be called upon to police the forum, it is for us to be in restraint....both while starting a thread and when responding.I am sorry to have said all this but it pained me so much that I wanted to let it out....without hurting anyone's feelings.I think I better stick to more humane topics like old tamil films/TV or english literature.
    Entertainment starts where reality ends???

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mohanraman
    I have been a registered member for about 6 months plus and this was primarily because of the hub featuring in a TV serial.

moderators should not be called upon to police the forum, it is for us to be in restraint....both while starting a thread and when responding.
    Thank you so much for your much needed advise.
    Yours is a very lonely sane voice and we sincerely hope that this perspective will not be ignored by Hubbers.

I have mentioned this many times: moderators don't want to stick out and rather wish to be in the farthest background, but we are forced to show our face now and then to ensure that a sufficiently decent and reasonable environment is available for the intellligent Hubber to participate.

BTW, which TV serial and what was the background about?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast