Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Important Notice to Hubbers of this Section

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

TO THE ADMINISTRATOR: A request

A request:
    I was a silent reader of the abusive posts - appalling in their lack of sensitivity, objectivity, and manners- reeking with casteist and religious hatred - made by two persons: viz. one "KARUVAYAN" and the other by the name "TONY/TONY Azzgun".
    PLease bar any posts from these two persons if you wish to keep your discussions at a decent level. Even if they come under aliases it is easy to recognise the posts from these persons due to their unchanging style, bad language construction, and their pet obsessions. Hope you keep a watch..
    This is a humble request.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pls note
    1. Some threads are temporarily down for moderation.
    2. NOV is away for a while and I'm covering him. If there's any abuse, do pm me.

Post Thanks / Like
    As we are unable to effectively moderate the 'Indian History' forum at present, it has been closed (for posting) temporarily. Pls check back later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Happy to tell you that the history and culture section is up again! This is our second trial and I hope you'll help us keep it a place for cleaner and enlightening discussions. We have some Do's and Don'ts, pls go through them:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3719

Have fun!

Senior Member Senior Hubber malligai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi RR,

The hub seems to be full of 'do's and dont's' these days. But u people dont have to worry about it.
    Everything that is being debated here, with utmost importance is "who is the next 'thalai'-Ajith or Vijay?".

[oops..sorry, A & V fans. I cant help it, if I find such topics dumb.. ].

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr.RR!

Thanks a bunch!!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS

Take any topic here you can see the fight between believers and non-believers.

Believers are just going on writing stories without giving any sense of history. No dates, no referense to actual history, no background of the social situation prevalant. They go on like 'Once upon a time there was a king'. No that is not the way discuss about historical persons like Shankaracharia, Sri Krishna or Ramanuja.

Non-believers are no better, they also have only on propaganda to prove themselves are SPECIAL by ridiculing at others. Do they try to provide any historical perspective, NO. All they do is feed thier EGO with the false sense of superior beliefs. Actually they are not non-believers they are just believers of a religion called science.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sandeep"]WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS

//Take any topic here you can see the fight between believers and non-believers.//

Yes.. I agree.

The lofty Scope of this International-forum is to facilitate multifareous thoughts from all over the Global Society to flow in...

...thus making it an interesting Reading matter for any COMMONMAN anywhere in the World..

Consequently the Rich knowledge confined within the Brains of many,.. is able to flow out ... to the benefit of the millions of seekers elsewhere... spending their useful time.

So if the trend of postings is a progressive approach of healthy discussions or debates... well, it can serve the Purpose and Spirit of a Forum.

But we notice that there are some Hubbers who as a PERSONAL PRINCIPLE... have framed a staunch Faith... rather a Preset Belief, Cult or Sect for their own... Yes, Nothing wrong in it, to have so.. But what affects others is...

... either when they try to THRUST THEIR PERSONAL FAITHS OR BELIEFS... on others

.. or when they CONTRADICT... other persons PARALLEL FAITHS AND BELIEFS..

For example.. if one Christian believes that Jesus Christ is the Supreme Saviour unparallel... well I must understand him ...

.. and duly honour it as his personal belief... even though my personal frame is different or even may be contrary. If I don't feel so, I cannot deem myself as a Gentleman.... fit for a Public-Forum of this stature.

Especially I should not say or do anything which will hurt the other persons sentiments or faith.... whatever it be... Islam, Budhism, Shapeless or Shapeful God... India is Great or America is Great...Best Language Tamil or not... Glorious Literature Thirukkuralh or not...

...or some such Topics... Yes or No... on different subjects on various aspects

If I want I can openly declare ... "My Mother is Great"...

But I should not say or mean to another person... " Your Mother is NOT GREAT or as.... Greater or Greatest is mine"...

If I indulge so in public, then I am Unethical and of Mean mentaity undeserving to be treated as a Friend amongst the Society of sorts.

But what we see here is... that some Hubbers are the habitual PROTESTERS to anything and everything whatever they find DIFFERENT OR CONTRARY to their individual Frame of mind..

Is it good for the Furum?... and EVEN FOR such of the Hubbers THEMSELVES.?

They have to INTROSPECT.... I leave it to them

//Believers are just going on writing stories without giving any sense of history. No dates, no referense to actual history, no background of the social situation prevalant. They go on like 'Once upon a time there was a king'. No that is not the way discuss about historical persons like Shankaracharia, Sri Krishna or Ramanuja.//

Look my dear friend... this is a public forum of various Hubbers of whole or partial knowledge... Everybody may not be able to put forth their knowledge authentically with proofs. But they are sure of their genuinity.

For example ... take the case of myself... Sitting at America, I am posting and discussing on various Topics... Have I any proof with me here?... Not even a book of Reference I have.. But I am able to firmly assert that whatever I say are GENUINE AND NOT LOOSE TALK.. .because I have gained such knowledge from various sources like... reading books in different Libraries, Scholarly discussions, Seminars and Conferences and the like... during the past about 70 years ...

And in most of them... they have not presented me... any proof. Even if they had presented such evidence or proof several decades back... I dont have them now with me.

Please advise me... Should I continue to participate here... or Quit?

Besides... if everybody starts writing so.... it will become A SCHOOL- HISTORY- CLASS ... which sort of presentation, you know how much interesting can be....

Please imagine... I have come to your house as your Friend along with some other similars...

.. and We and You are discussing on various Topics of Common- interest. Will you ask me or the any other proofs..?

Then nobody can proceed with the Friendly discussions.

At the maximum... the other persaon, the opponent may disagree on a point. Then it becomes the Responsibility for the Defender to establish in the manner he prefers and is able to. We have to leave at that.

//Non-believers are no better, they also have only on propaganda to prove themselves are SPECIAL by ridiculing at others. Do they try to provide any historical perspective, NO. All they do is feed thier EGO with the false sense of superior beliefs. Actually they are not non-believers they are just believers of a religion called science//

I don't agree... Religion and Science are far different... needing diamentrically opposite approach...

But BOTH are VITAL FOR MANKIND...

Here, all the opponents Views ... You mean Scientific.?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhamaji,

I am not suggesting that proves need to be presented as this is not a Court of Law.

I dont know how to explain it but Sudhamaji what we need is something between 'Amar Chitra Kadha' and History text book. Many be something like the Discovery of India.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    Sudhamaji,

I am not suggesting that proves need to be presented as this is not a Court of Law.

I dont know how to explain it but Sudhamaji what we need is something between 'Amar Chitra Kadha' and History text book. Many be something like the Discovery of India.
    This Forum is NOT JUST ONE MAN-SHOW... but conducted by several Hubber- participants....

In my Opinion... as of now, we all are presenting in a better manner than the models you have quoted ... towards common interest..

However according to your opinion and wish, if I or anybody is unable to present it in a lively and interesting manner,

... then you or anybody else too...are welcome to initiate a novel trend of different approach... to IMPROVE IT in the way you may feel it proper and better.

.. I will support and co-operate with it... commensurate with its worth.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast