Page 203 of 254 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2534

Thread: Song of the Open Road (Latest song heard - Part 10)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

raja yaaraiyo sittu kuthu kuttara mathiri illa irukku sanggu!!
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 7th November 2014 at 01:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I accept that certain members in this group might find the concept of Religious Good V/S Bad difficult to digest so please pardon my lengthy post.

The world is divided into Good and Bad people and not "Religion" or multiculturalism which IMO is *irrational. How polite a person is depends on the way they've been brought up. *(You might not concur)

Being the only Hindu Punjabi in my Primary School meant I used to get taunted by Sikhs calling me a Gujju and Gujjus calling me a Sikh and even though I don't have an issue with this I still can't fathom why certain people haven't figured out that being a Hindu Punjabi is not a hybrid race. "Hinduism" is the "Religion" and Punjabi is the culture and the language.

As far as I know in terms of Religion the population of Punjabis across the world goes from Muslims being the largest, then Sikhs and then Hindus. I'm still a layman in this field but several Popular Romance Tragedies and Folklores from Punjab i.e. Heer Ranjha, Mirza Sahiba, Sassui Punnun, Sohni Mahiwal, etc. involve Muslim Couples. Furthermore the majority of Punjabi songs have origins in "Sufi" Poetry.

The new generation should be taught and not mislead or have a passion themselves for cultural education before they're found guilty of spewing venom towards other religions and instigating differences. Little do they know their favourite song might not be affiliated with the identity of their ancestors.

I consider myself secular, trying to be spiritual and not being affiliated with any Religion although I'm a staunch believer in God and this belief is very personal which doesn't require any doctrine or religious books. I do have an immense interest in Major Religions of the World and I consider myself blessed to hold translations of many Holy Books but this is only for knowledge and education purposes and not cross-examination or deducing pros and cons. I certainly acknowledge that a "Jack of all trades is a master of none" and I live by the motto, that "Service To Humanity Is The True Service To God". (I'm currently reading a book, "The Book of Atheist Spirituality" by Andre Comte-Sponville)

My respected Mum surprised me when I heard her utter that JTHJs "Challa" was her most favourite song in recent times and although she was oblivious to composer and singer and for her to appreciate this Punjabi cum Sufi busker song is a gift I shall cherish till I die.

Gulzar and Rabbi are both Sikh, ARR and SRK are both Mulism and Yash Chopra and SRKs character in the film are Hindu but just like my mum, there might be other people in this world who might not know a great deal about other cultures or religion and might stereotype a particular group of people due to lack of knowledge. I've had a very liberal upbringing but sometimes I feel that the Younger generation need to correct the older generation and promote the value and benefits of Humanity!

The truth remains that I attribute most of my broad-mindedness to Music and A.R. Rahman has clearly been a driving force in shaping up my character. I am glad that God brought him right at the beginning of my life, I was four years old when "Roja" released and I've been told that children virtually don't have any memories prior to the age of four, hence my first memories of music are almost associated with Rahman Ji, who later on introduced me to Tamil and other South Indian Cultures. I must admit in recent times I've been hearing more South Indian songs and less North Indian songs and the sole credit goes to Rahman Ji who has nurtured me as a listener from a young age with his Carnatic Raga compositions, later by Qawwali, then World Music, followed by Rock and EDM and countless other musical genres but I feel at home with minimalism music.

"Challa" doesn't resemble anything done by ARR! There is a deeper in meaning in “Challa”! The package of "Challa"” might seem more tailor-made for YRF and Rabbi at first but if you look at it in a different light then the content is a complete ARR-Gulzar feast and reiterates the rapport of Sufi songs.

The video has SRK jovially parading around London with his guitar and it’s obvious that this is a love song but IMO the love reflected here is for “God” hence ARR and Gulzar deliver yet another “Sufi” song and from what it seems, it definitely was ARRs idea to choose Rabbi, who had brought a similar “Sufi” flavour in his “Bulla Ki Jaana” song.

Considering "Ranjha”, a Muslim Jat from famous Punjabi folk tale “Heer Ranjha” wanders all over Punjab reciting the name of the lord “Alakh Niranjan", which is another name for Hindu God "Shiva", it is heartening to see SRK who just turned 49 wandering around central London singing “Challa”, which could also be interpreted as a parallel for seeking God.

It is unfortunate that JTHJ fell short of expectations from the masses but I think the classes appreciated it. My gripe regarding the albums acceptance is that listeners started accusing ARR of rehashing his former material and furthermore saying he had run out of ideas. I believe he had to straddle while composing JTHJ to match his sensibilities with that of Yash Chopra. There is an emotion quotient which arouse deep satisfaction in me. In recent times, I can see "Raunaq" having the same outcome as JTHJ. Listeners often complain about the lack of ARRs magical touch from the Nineties when he releases albums like Enthiran and "I" calling it noisy but whenever he releases a JTHJ, KT or Raunaq, people call it stale, pedestrian, uninspiring and state they were expecting more. I don't buy this logic and it is nothing more than having double standards but usually these comments are passed from impostor ARR fans who are jealous in reality.

Please, don't miss the Second Interlude, how he infuses a gospel base in sargams is a masterstroke! Best interlude of the album!

Happy Listening!

4. Likes mappi, raagadevan liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber Nawaaz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladio from Ai. Nice one
    kakkitha kappal from madras

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

credit: saregama tamil

NO, its not a song about "Thala". But a catchy gana song from a lowbudget movie. This is one of their trademark, with a gana song that will create interest in the movie. Singer is Jayamoorthy, music by Ganesh Raghavendra, lyrics by Mohanrajan.
    God bless all

Senior Member Regular Hubber Death Note's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see such talented youngsters!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Nawaaz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pakkam vanthu from Kaththi.... Whatta a karuvaad from VIP.... Kadhal kamam song from jeeva...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Happy Listening!
    Thanks mate. Eventhough the song "Challa from Jab Tak Hai Jaan" does not include my genre, your write was thorough and interesting. If you find some time, could you talk about Rockstar, ofcoarse if you like that genre.

I give you my one line sentiment : Whenever I listen to them, esp. Sada Haq, I always felt that ARR should have gone more hardcore, or atleast included a grand guitar solo.

Strictly keeping the Rock genre in mind, Rockstar Album is certainly one amoung the best ARR works, sad that people neither understood the emotion in the songs nor the romance/passion it tried to communicate. But it reached to me quite well - Mein bhi hoon Nature - Awesome man.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

credit:sonymusicsouthvevo

Engoyyala, intha tunea kealu, summa mersalaayitten keattuputtu.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    COPY

ORIGINAL

Post Thanks / Like

vena machan SAme tune but this was too gud..Dhanush, Marana Gana Viji rocking

roja kadale song also copy from highway mahive...
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 10th November 2014 at 03:16 PM.