Page 193 of 254 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2534

Thread: Song of the Open Road (Latest song heard - Part 10)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please listen to Yuvan's version of the same song. You may end up liking Raja's version.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kehte Hai Jisko by Karthik Raja

I convey sincere apologies to my radio which has been dusting in my room’s corner. I turned it on this morning whilst preparing to go to work and by serendipity “Kehte Hai Jisko” was on air. A glimpse of my childhood flashed by and even better so because songs I hear in the morning linger with me throughout the day.

The lyrics by Mehboob completely reflect my praise for this song. KR truly reached dizzy heights in conjuring up this a grand, magnificent and passionate composition which I believe balances the sensibilities of both Ilaiyaraaja and A.R. Rahman.

My brother remains to be a life line in convincing me to hear talent unknown to me and I’m utterly grateful that in the earlier phase of my life he introduced me to Ilaiyaraaja and A.R. Rahman. When he brought home Grahan’s music, I thought it would be a cracker of an album considering his inclination towards soulful melodies. I was barely eight years old and at that age my ears were like a sieve which only filtered high on melody and intricately layered songs down to my soul and now I doubt this characteristic will ever leave me. Unfortunately, Grahan film got a delayed release hence the songs didn’t get any mainstream publicity.

In today’s time artists have many routes of signing themselves with a brand, record label and so forth. Back then the definition of “A Struggling Artist” was apt in every sense even if it meant belonging to a musically affluent family. It makes my blood boil when people like Karthik Raja don’t get their due but I’ve realised completely drowning in a song and then pondering over the past, present and future of “commercial” music seriously becomes pointless.

A song accepted by a listener as being beyond time is way more valuable than a song which receives a piece of paper or plastic or metal on a stage.

Happy Listening!

4. Likes venkkiram, mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

6. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tasmac Canteen Podimass mari Paata Censor-la Kothu Kotthu-nu Kothitanga ba !

Hear the song-story of "Open the Tasmac" getting baptised to "Open the Shutter Mamu"

Last edited by mappi; 18th September 2014 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Added 2nd line to make the post comprehensible
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennodu nee irunthal

intha paatu kahave unnaku oru alluyara maalai podalaam..watta composisation..

unnaku potti yaarume illangarathala ippadi ellam pannalama thalaiva!!!!love u thalaiva...

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    ennodu nee irunthal

intha paatu kahave unnaku oru alluyara maalai podalaam..watta composisation..

unnaku potti yaarume illangarathala ippadi ellam pannalama thalaiva!!!!love u thalaiva...
    Raguman Garu tested listener's patience with this song.. Of late all his slow duet songs sound alike. (HJ template syndrome??)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dilbert give an example of a rock ballad tamil song that you have heard?
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Dilbert give an example of a rock ballad tamil song that you have heard?
    rock ballad enna?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    rock ballad enna?
    I don't know whether you are joking or really eager to know, I take it that you are interested and please allow me to share with you a little bit I know about it :

Music is Abstact, you can't fit it in a big fat bottle called genres, but we can make it quite understandble by receiving its style and give it a box to settle in. By this it helps us to discuss and make it clear of what we are talking about.

Ballads are verses meant to have a high musical nature or treated keeping in mind that its not for lecture but for music. To make it simple, when you hear a Ballad, it goes up and down like a steady wave. Second aspect is that it tries to narrate a story or a part of the story, mostly folklores. Our Theru Koothu, for exemple Murugar going for Hunting where he meets Valli, is a Ballad. Our Villu Pattu is a Ballad. Take for instance the opening welcome announcement of a Villu Pattu, its pattern is wave like when you lend your ears with the "Ammam" sinking in to do the needed job. 'Age' did mordernise Ballads. I consider "Kanamma Kanamma" from Jigarthanda is a distant relation to Modern Ballads.

Think you are aware of Rock - basic instruments like electic/bass guitars & drums that accompany the vocals.

Rock ballad is a slow-paced structured song style, where much importance is given to the verses and its pronounciation. Slowly, the rock part comes into picture exposing itself & overtaking the vocals with heavy instrumental. A perfect exemple is Led Zeppelin "Stairways to Heaven". Most of the Classic Rock bands, mostly, did a lot of Rock Ballads, ex: My favorites Bon Jovi and Guns & Roses.

Ennodu Nee Irunthal should sound to you like a wave design now. Plus it tells the classic story of the beast who is in Love but hardly can express it. Its not that he is out of words, but his nature does not allow him to fall in love. So he weeps internally cursing that he is so helpless even when his love is so close. And the sounds gradually mount and ends with a dripping note. Add in the Piano, Wind/string instruments, Chorus, Drum beat and guitar cover/Solo.

Listen to it one more time, I am sure you will like it (and find it different), and if you still don't, its absolutely fine. I remember we discussed about Western Classical sometime back, so you have it inside you. You see we don't mind which tree provides Oxygen, similarly, don't mind who is giving music, if its good just breathe it in.
    Last edited by mappi; 18th September 2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: breath to breathe
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Raguman Garu tested listener's patience with this song.. Of late all his slow duet songs sound alike. (HJ template syndrome??)
    dilbert garu, appadiye neenga patience-oda ARR paata kettu taallum..vellangidum!