Page 86 of 401 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan Part 10

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08 View Post
    I don't know about others, but to me, watching NT & Savithri in a duet or in an intimate scene would be as weird as watching K.B. Sundarambal in the character of an anglo-indian woman dressed up in a frock and saying, " Inna man ? epdi irukkudu ??? "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that just because people consider NT-Savithri as brother-sister "ellam unakkaga" which was released immediately after "pasa malar" was not successful. Is it true ?

Member Regular Hubber lovedeva_pj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sivaji and savitri paired 9 or 8 films i think

Vanangamudi 1957
    Kathavarayan 1958
    Annaiyin Aanai 1958
    Kuravanchi 1960
    Ellam Unnakkaga 1961
    Vadivukku Valai Kappu 1962
    Raktha Tilakam 1963
    Praptham 1971 savitri;s own production

Out of this Kathavarayan and Annaiyin were success ohers didnt success
    their pair compination in those films is nothing much and aslo not welcome
    their brother sister compination super thats why prodcers are not willing to produce a film as a pair with them
    Last edited by lovedeva_pj; 18th August 2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: correct

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering about that here.

never felt invested much in Savithri's Bhanumati and particularly one song she's in it. There seems to be an attempt to tap into all living and dead sibling chemistry there, though I'm known to be wrong in these matters.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedeva_pj View Post
    Sivaji and savitri paired 9 or 8 films i think

Vanangamudi 1957
    Kathavarayan 1958
    Annaiyin Aanai 1958
    Kuravanchi 1960
    Ellam Unnakkaga 1961
    Vadivukku Valai Kappu 1962
    Raktha Tilakam 1963
    Praptham 1971 savitri;s own production

There are other films like Amara deepam, ThiruviLaiyadal, Navarathiri, Vanangamudi and kai kodutha deivam which are certainly had rave reviews.

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vanangamudi and kai kodutha deivam were before pasamalar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv View Post
    vanangamudi and kai kodutha deivam were before pasamalar
    I think vanangamudi is before pasamalar. But kaikodutha deivam was released only in 1964, after pasamalar.

Member Regular Hubber lovedeva_pj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhu View Post
    There are other films like Amara deepam, ThiruviLaiyadal, Navarathiri, Vanangamudi and kai kodutha deivam which are certainly had rave reviews.
    ThiruviLaiyadal, Navarathiri, and kai koduthadeviam there is no pair compination there

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Hubbers,
    It is great to see the development of our brothers' thread and I am happy to summerise my appreciations and impressions.
    Pammalaar continues to be the kingpin and his hard work is making it a great experience for viewers.His old Dinathanthi cuttings of 1965,Chevalier postings,150 Day extensive coverage on Karnan function(Pesum Padam stills),his 3000th deserving Iruvar ullam(Thank god ,a small slip would have lead to Sandhippu as 3000,a deadly nightmare),Independance Day postings are all enjoyable to the core. Thanks a trillion Sir.
    Esvee,a surprise gift to the thread has given some unforgettable old Photographs and Rare evidences . Great to see your postings and I am thankful to you.
    Vasu Sir, Your NT heroines,Stunt Scenes are very Novel themes and we are eagerly waiting further.Your rarest other language stills like Baktha thukkaram,Thanga Pathakkam are delight to see .Seetha aur Geetha(Vani-Rani Coverage),Enga mama, Idhayam Pesukirathu coverage are timely and exclusive.But the highlights are your Muthiah Theatre writing(Very touching,interesting and engaging) and Mr.Easwar's line drawing highlights and tributes are taking the thread to different plane.Keep it up.
    Raghavendra Sir-Your NT and Acting concepts are thought provoking and shows your class.Old Times of India ID exhibit is amazing.
    Plum- Amazing writing about Andha naal in the same league of writing from Murali and PR.(Thillana)
    Parthasarathi Sir's participation after long gap is very well done.
    Karthik Sir's write ups on Muthiah Theatre,Enga mama thoughts,Stunt scenes are very informative and shows his depth with wealth of information.
    KC(Old Still),Gold Star,Satish,Rahulram,soft sword,Rangan are all chipped in with nice postings.
    Joe- I enjoy your clarity of thought and uncompromising stand on things.PR's reply for unnecessary provocations is measured and matured and Joe's subsequent post is a good one.
    Nov-(Last but not the least)-Good coverage on Karnan in Malaysia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedeva_pj View Post
    ThiruviLaiyadal, Navarathiri, and kai koduthadeviam there is no pair compination there
    what do you mean by NO pair combination ? Of course, they are pairs in all these pictures. Though in Navratri NT has taken 9 roles, the hero Anandan is paired with Savithri only. In kai kodutha deivam even after the death of the heroine, the mangalsutra was tied by the hero. In Thiruvilaiyada, how can we say that Shiva and Parvati are not Jodi ?