Page 85 of 401 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan Part 10

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pakkaradhukku recommendation irukkanu kaetaen... rightu udunga..
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    - rangan . Exlend uLvAngudhal of the characters. I see that you do this anAyasamA quite often. What a talend!
    Thanks Plum. I think if you love the film & the characters, it automatically gets into you and stays there forever.

Pala talendugal pala pala roobangallla veliya anga thirinjikitirukku....this is nothing.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From old TFM Page....
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravanan View Post
    Kannadasan lives--for as he has declared, ‘he knows no death’. An immortal classic!

Interestingly, some years back, a liquor company adopted the first two lines of this song as its slogan for its ads that featured a glass cup and Silk Smitha!

A college function, and the song is announced as an ‘Omar Khayyam’ song, and Kannadasan appears on stage to sing it. Sivaji & Savitri are among the audience, and so is Nagesh. The interludes focus on Sivaji & Savitri who are frowning at each other, and Nagesh who nods his head vigorously in appreciation of the song. You can catch this incongruity in many old films- you can find the onlookers nodding in bliss during the interludes, when actually the singer is not singing, and there are no musicians in sight either!

National Movies’ Raththa Thilagam- 1963 was produced by Kannadasan to stir up patriotic feelings during the Chinese Aggression. It was directed by Dada Mirasi.

KVM and Kannadasan worked together to come up with an amazing album.

‘Thaazhamppoove thanga nilaave thalai yaen kunigiradhu’ (TMS/LRE) is such a mellow duet, where LRE, with her soft, cuddly tone, leaves the listener hankering for more. Thankfully Kannadasan saw infinite capacities in LRE, and dared to give her songs that have seldom come her way. Again, he gave her another song to be her usual boisterous jaunty self - ‘Vaadai kaatramma vaaliba manasa naalukku naala vaatuvathennamma’. ‘Pasumai niraindha ninaivugale’ (TMS/PS) still remains the nostalgic anthem for college farewells, ‘Mustafa Mustafa’ notwithstanding! ‘Buddhan vandha dhisaiyile por, punitha Gandhi mannile por’ (TMS & chorus) is a rousing war cry. Manorama’s ‘Pogaathe pogaathe en kanava’ is a hilarious parody of Ratnamala’s famous song from Veerappandiya Kattabomman. ‘On the Merry go round lets ride and roll’ is a great rock & roll song, fully in English! (Though the CDs / cassettes credit Usha Utup as the singer, I doubt if it is Usha)

However it is ‘pani padarndha malaiyin mele paduthirundhen silayai pole’(TMS), with its inspiring thoughts on nationalism and peace, that make us catch a glimpse of Kannadasan’s heart –his fervor that extended from the lofty ranges of the Himalayas to the great waves of Kanyakumari. He exclaims with agony at India’s bewilderment at the wanton attack by whom we considered a friend—yet he expresses optimism that things will turn out in our favor. Kannadasn seems to speak of himself again here too ‘Ennai marandhen—iravulagil serndhu vitten—kannai mella maraithu—karpanaiyil kalandhu vitten’
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    VV, I hope you are watching... very engaging story

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mohan. As Plum rightly pointed out, you have the ability to get into the skin of the characters you love. As you have said innumerable times, Barrister and Sikkalar have a prominent place in your heart and it shows. Also thanks for that Saravanan's article on Rathha Thilagam. Though I could watch only the last 30 mins today, what I observed was the print was good and that portion was gripping.

Regarding the court room battle for Thiruvilayadal, though matter is sub judice, APN's son is banking on an earlier verdict it seems. Court has ruled [in another case] that due to giant leaps in technology many new products may spring up from the parent product and just because at the time of leasing/pledging the parent product the original owner, unaware of the future prospects that technology may throw up, had signed the agreement doesn't take away his rights for any new product that can be derived from the parent product due to technological advancement.

If this is taken as the yard stick then Vijayalakshmi Pictures or read APN's son has got the lawful rights to digitise is what I heard.

Regards

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,

Expected a write up about Rathha Thilagam. Especially after Madhu posted in this thread after a yugam highlighting the songs. Of course unfortunately தாழம்பூவே தங்க நிலாவே was not there in the movie. Just as you were asking in the Karnan thread whether anybody missed மகாராஜன் உலகை ஆளலாம், the same question arose here also though தாழம்பூவே was relatively less popular than மகாராஜன்.

Regards

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still remember a songs in rathha thilakam sivaji in mountain sceen "pani padanthe malayin mealea" super songs with super performance

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Murali sir.

The one thing i see difficult to accept, or to be honest, cannot accept about Ratha Thilagam is the pairing of NT with Savithri. Needless to say, after watching Pasa Malar, like many other rasigars, we have been fixed on a particular mind set. A few scenes from Navarathiri also makes me quite embarassing. I can never watch them in a duet.....of course Thiruvilayadal is an exception ( just cut off the Meenavan episode .. smile ).

I am extremely aware that this is just a movie and they are just actors enacting the characters given to them. I am also aware about what Sir Lawrence Olivier commented about Dustin Hoffman during Marathon man. My rational mind gives me all the logical reasons....but still....Pasa Malar was just not a movie according to me...NT & Savithri were not just actors....it was not just plain performance...it's something more than that...it's divine...and to me, in the form of art, I experienced GOD.....just the kind of experience i get when i watch Chaplin's boxing match in City Lights or his Globe dance in Dictator. There are many such moments.....

I don't know about others, but to me, watching NT & Savithri in a duet or in an intimate scene would be as weird as watching K.B. Sundarambal in the character of an anglo-indian woman dressed up in a frock and saying, " Inna man ? epdi irukkudu ??? "
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mohan,

I understand. Not only you but there are many people who share the same feeling when it comes to NT- Savithiri pair. I have a feeling that they themselves knew this and started avoiding it. Even in Rakthha Thilagam, they didn't have a duet together or for that matter in Navarathiri [if you discount the therukoothu song]. After Ellaam Unakkaga that came immediately after Pasa Malar, there were only 4 fllms that had this pair as jodi out of which 3 films [Vadivukku Valaikappu, Navarathiri and Thiruvilayadal] were of APN who had a liking for them and the other one was Rakthha Thilagam. There was a strong feeling among the cine industry people and a section of NT fans who used to argue that a younger actress instead of Savithiri would have certainly helped Praptham to do better business. But as you said the fact remains that as for as Tamil Cinema is concerned,they are the ever lasting brother - sister combo.

Regards

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    Mohan,

I understand. Not only you but there are many people who share the same feeling when it comes to NT- Savithiri pair. I have a feeling that they themselves knew this and started avoiding it. Even in Rakthha Thilagam, they didn't have a duet together or for that matter in Navarathiri [if you discount the therukoothu song]. After Ellaam Unakkaga that came immediately after Pasa Malar, there were only 4 fllms that had this pair as jodi out of which 3 films [Vadivukku Valaikappu, Navarathiri and Thiruvilayadal] were of APN who had a liking for them and the other one was Rakthha Thilagam. There was a strong feeling among the cine industry people and a section of NT fans who used to argue that a younger actress instead of Savithiri would have certainly helped Praptham to do better business. But as you said the fact remains that as for as Tamil Cinema is concerned,they are the ever lasting brother - sister combo.

Regards
    Murali sir agreed but somehow this did not affect that much in telugu when NTR-savithiri did the rakthasambandham , they went on and paired in movies and those were hits as well