Page 78 of 401 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan Part 10

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing a big post by Plum and suspecting there'll be spoilers, I skipped the posts and decided to watch the movie before reading it

And I watched the movie, for the first time...the only thing I knew before was that Sivaji acted as a villain - knew nothing else about it. It didn't take away much of the thrill anyways...

Now, I can enjoy Plum's interesting posts

BTW, I happened to be among the "very few"

Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    I bet very few would have taken that clue the first time they watched the movie. What's more, the director does underline it as a critical juncture of investigation with Jaavar getting a brainflash.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe, P_R, Soft, Nerd(remba overnga Nerd, me in the same line as P_R, MS ), sivank: nandri.

Kraucher - that's special for me. Appreciation from a writer I respect the utmost and whose appreciation I secretly craved for
    There is one more person in this thread whose appreciation will take me over cloud nine(although I know it would be just like the encouragement I gave my child for her stumbling VPK monologue in school). Hope he turns up soon enough

There's a lot more to talk about Andha Naal. Hopefully, over the next few days...if work permits.

Not a particularly graet time at work(meaning I am actually working ), and that is why such pleasures keep one interested in life. NT - Life Giver
    (adhayellAm pAkkAma appA setthu pOlAmA Michaaelu
    Last edited by Plum; 6th August 2012 at 09:27 AM.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Joe, P_R, Soft, Nerd(remba overnga Nerd, me in the same line as P_R, MS ), sivank: nandri.

Kraucher - that's special for me. Appreciation from a writer I respect the utmost and whose appreciation I secretly craved for
    There is one more person in this thread whose appreciation will take me over cloud nine(although I know it would be just like the encouragement I gave my child for her stumbling VPK monologue in school). Hope he turns up soon enough

There's a lot more to talk about Andha Naal. Hopefully, over the next few days...if work permits.

Not a particularly graet time at work(meaning I am actually working ), and that is why such pleasures keep one interested in life. NT - Life Giver
    (adhayellAm pAkkAma appA setthu pOlAmA Michaaelu
    Well done and awaiting more on Andha Naal.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    அன்புள்ள திரு. முரளி, திரு. PR, திரு. g94127302 (தங்கள் பெயர்?), திரு. Sivank, மற்றும் திரு. ANM,

நான் தில்லானா மோகனாம்பாளில் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் நடிப்பைப் பற்றியும் அதன் பின்னணியையும் பற்றி சிறியதாக எழுதியதைப் பெரிதாகப் பாராட்டியதற்கு உளமார்ந்த நன்றிகள்.

அன்புடன்,

இரா. பார்த்தசாரதி

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parthasarathy Sir, Very good write-up on TM.Pl.Write often.
    Pammalar Sir- Thanks for an excellent coverage on 150th Day. Pl.Take care of your health.
    Vasudevan Sir- Sivaji's heroines is a novel concept. We are eagerly awaiting the next.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Karnan

Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    Well said.
    I felt so when watching the crucial Karnan-Kunthi meeting scene today and he rebuffs her request to leave Duryodhanan. The unfairness and audacity of her request is met with respect, righteous resolve and emotional explanation. It is not something that can be put into words at all. Magnificence.

The film has several scenes that hinge on close-ups working. Totally on Sivaji's shoulders to captivate the audience and elevate the moment. And he does it as only he can. Tour-de-force 'mbAingaLE.

Dear P_R,

More than the denial of rebuff request Scene of Karnan-Kunthi Meeting, you should watch Where the Camera Starts and ends....You can see, Nadigar Thilagam facing the center point and slowly turn while expressing the dialogue and would complete the total circle or oval, the camera moves. He would have done it so professionally and with so much ease. We cannot expect, this type of perfection from any other actor in this universe other than our Nadigar Thilagam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh is it. I was so taken by watching it on big screen, I didn't notice at all. Thanks for pointing out. Will observe the next time I watch that scene.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Murali sir & PR, after reading those wonderful write-ups, I really felt very contended & happy, like many other fans here.

Murali sir, firstly many thanks to you for choosing Sikkalar's character as the subject for analysis. Truly a great choice because this is one such character which NT played gives the discerning audience an opportunity to enjoy and analyse this quintessential form of art. You have done complete justice to your post by meticulously pointing out the nuances and scrupulously analysing various aspects. Great job, Sir.

And, PR..I hope Murali sir's write-up served as a catalyst, which, to our great pleasure, prompted you to come out with such brilliant comments. Very insightful, suggestive & of course, PRish ...smiley (I don't get the emoticons here..) (dragging Kamban for support and then, pora pokkula scoffing Rama as a "kuroora budhikaran " ). PrabhuRam chandra ki..Jai.

Aaga motham nagaswaramum thavilum serndhu pattaya kelapiteenga !!!
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    சிக்கல் சண்முகசுந்தரம்.

பொதுவாகவே திறமை வாய்ந்த கலைஞர்கள் சற்று முன் கோவம் கொண்டவர்களாகவும் தங்கள் திறமையின் மீது அசாத்திய நம்பிக்கை கொண்டவர்களாகவும் அதன் காரணமாகவே வித்யா கர்வம் [சாதாரண வார்த்தைகளில் சொன்னால் திமிர்] மிகுந்தவர்களாகவும் விளங்குவார்கள் என்பது பரவலான ஒரு நம்பிக்கை/கருத்து. அந்த கருத்துக்கு வலு சேர்பவர்கள்தான் சண்முகமும் மோகனாவும்.

Regards
    At one point of time, Vadivamba innocently mocks, "Adikkadi kovam vandhalum adhukku madhippu irukkadhu ". How very true !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    தில்லானா பட்டம் கொடுக்கும் காட்சி

ஒரு absurd foil கொடுக்கவேண்டும் என்றால்: பாலசந்தரின் டூயட்டை நினைத்துப்பாருங்கள். 'அந்த இசையைத் தான் நான் காதலித்தேன்' என்று ஒரு வசனம் வரும். எத்தனை அபத்தமான ஒரு வசனம். என்ன கோமாளித்தனமான ஒரு தருணம். ஒரு அழகான conceptஐ சொதப்பியிருபார்கள்.

Sorry for the digression

Can we say the below dialogue reflects the intensity of the situation and the nature of the character.

" Mayil, naan virumburadhu unnoda andha 16 vayasa..". A perfect dialogue that at once nails down Mayil's infatuation, her desire, her innocence & at the same time declares the doctor's lust ?