Page 69 of 401 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan Part 10

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who keep contributing to this thread.

Murali sir, hats-off to you for your lively & interesting posts which keeps this thread going as usual.

I'm not sure about what exactly happened which made our star hubber's to stay away from this thread....but one thing is definitely for sure....this thread now looks like a deserted Ranganathan street. Hope & wish the festive season begins very soon.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a chance to watch " Padikkadhavan" in one of the channels.

Jaishankar comes to NT's office and later recognizes him to be is old buddy. They share some lighter moments and then Jai explains the purpose of his visit. One of his men has committed a crime and he requests NT to get him out on bail.

NT refuses and jokingly says that if Jai admits that it is he who has committed the crime, it is possible to get the man out of jail. When Jai reacts, NT says, " What man, nonsense...".

It is a pleasure to watch NT's demeanour switching over according to the mood. The moment when he gives the suggestion jokingly, he keeps his cool and when he says, " What man......." , it is entirely a new NT that we see there. Master craftsman indeed.

Murali sir, " Naan kavignanumillai " write-up made an interesting read. Thank you.
    Last edited by rangan_08; 29th July 2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched 'Karnan' @Golden Digital , Singapore with my Son .
    As NOV mentioned first 15 mins are shaky ,then it is very clear .

Noted few points

- My son (now 6+ ) liked the movie very much ..Infact I noticed that He wiped his tears when Karnan got arrows
    - Though I watched many times (Theatres , TV, DVD) ,I felt that current audience should have felt bit impatience for few songs ,which they may not familiar with ..especially the song on valaikappu .
    - There were only about 100 people in theatre and i noticed most of them are not local Singaporeans ,but singapore residents from India , most should have seen the movie with theatre experience before ..This opertunity of watching a old NT movie in theatre should be better utilised by local singaporeans , who would have never get such opertunity ,but sadly it is missing . I assume many didn't even know Karnan is screened .
    - For the first time ,I have seen very old ladies (should be in 80's) were brought by their families ..they were seen so happy when returning back .

Regarding the movie and NT , Goosebumps in many places especially in last 30 mins .. None like him before and after him.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too feel that there is not enough promotion. Many of my friends are not aware of the screenings
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber sivank's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superb Narration Murali. It has been a long time since you brought something like TM and PMP
    niraive kaanum manam vendum
    iraivaa nee adhai thara vendum

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Sikkal Shanmugasundaram

MS - thanks for this one. More than the explicit dedication, I am touched by the way you structured it exactly as I had demanded(on SikkalAr). :thanks:

Thillana was my father's favourite NT movie. He had watched it 29 times, all in theatre during the first run. (without counting the subsequent runs in 70s. 80s thanks to family burden his theatre visits for re-runs stopped. ). It may not be much compared to hard core fans here but it still remains a world record in my extended family.
    Last edited by Plum; 30th July 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    சிக்கல் சண்முகசுந்தரம்.

July 27th [1968] happens to be the release date of Thillana. Last year when Swami published photos and Ads of Thillana it initiated a round of discussions about the film and the exchanges between Rakesh and Plum were lively. When I commended it, Plum asked me to write about the film. I promised him that I will do it but I could not keep my word. One year has gone and so I thought "lemme try something". I have talked about only Shanmugasundaram. While there had been great write ups about the film by the likes of Prabhu and Rakesh, i am not sure how much justice I have done. Still dedicating this to Plum.

Regards
    I can't remember the exchanges at all. Still, haven't read your post, it has been a long time since I did. But a wonderful write-up, sir. IppothAn padichen. As you said its a love story, and the enemy to the love affair is none other than Shanmugasundharam himself, his arrogant, and temper.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,
    The thread is gaining momentum with some meaningful posts thanks to Murali.
    I think that I mentioned Thillana Mohanambal as 2nd in my Favourite NT Movie list next to Pudhiya Paravai.
    Thillana mohanambal came in the end of second phase of NT's career that is stylised method acting. His 1st phase is Naturalistic style with presentational style of connecting with audience (1952-1960) where as the second phase is Stanilavsky and Stasberg school of stylysed method Acting with Non-naturalistic drama content with representational connection with audience at times obviously contrived,artificial and exaggerated but no doubt that it added depth to most of the larger than life characters and most effective in portraying bizarre way of changing moods with state of mind.(1961-1968).There are few exemptions during this period like Kappalottiya Thamizhan,Iruvar ullam,Motor Sundaram Pillai,and Thillana Mohanambal.
    His being the only one among the world actors who can switch contemporary acting,method acting,stylised acting,and period acting with unmatched dramatic versatility with mastery over technical skills ,approach, confidence and showmanship. Just listen only to sound tracks and you will realise that he lived in his voice,that plucks every emotional suggestions from a dialogue . He found emotional sub-texts by infusing life experiences with accumulated wisdom and unblemished emotional core.(Gowravam,Thiruvarutchelver)
    If you observe oscar nominations ,same movie finds nomination for 18 awards which goes to prove that good acting is possible with adept Director who knows his theme and content with language of cinema, cinematographer to register the emotional content with right moods, dialogue writer who can get into the mind and heart of all his characters. The dialogue writers who impressed me were Kalaigner (Social,Historical),Sakthi(Historical,Epics),K.S.G (Social),V.Sundaram(Social) , A.P.N(Social,Epic),Javar (Social),Selvaraj(Social). They are far away from contrived,cliched, demostrative and synthetic dialogues of others like Aroor Das,A.L.Narayanan,Balamurugan Etc. Audience sensibities(C centre Devar Fans) restrict our movies to tell me all,Dont show anything visually type.
    Thillana Mohanambal is only one of its kind to deviate from all known formulas ,original Tamil Movie with our original story with our own tradition and cultural ethos.
    NT's acting is one of the highlights(Not a lone saver as in other movies), with A.P.N's brilliant screen play for a voluminous famous novel,earthy dialogues and an excellent direction as the theme was in the known teriitory (Troupes of artist)
    ShanmugaSundaram is depicted as self-centric,Talented,Sensitive and Short-tempered,egoistic and disciplined artist and NT's acting is a show piece of naturalistic acting with all emotional hues well portrayed with the team of supremely talented co-artists.
    The scenes to relish are
    The opening scene inwhich most of the aspects are revealed without need for much dialogues, The Train Scene, Shanmugasundaram's intended visit to Mohana's place,His frustration and seeking solace in Jil-Jil's den, Nalandhana scene, His skirmishes with Vaithi during contract scenes for Maharaja are exemplary and everyone's delight.
    Well done Murali.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    so I thought "lemme try something"

Typically excellent post
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    ப்ரிய சிக்கலாரைப் பற்றி சிறப்பான இடுகை திரு.முரளி
    Quote Originally Posted by முரளி ஶ்ரீநிவாஸ்
    அதிலும் சண்முகம் உண்மையிலே மனதளவில் சிக்கலார்தான். தன் தொழிலின் மேல் அபார பக்தி, தன் திறமை மேல் அசாத்திய நம்பிக்கை, தன் தன்மானத்திற்கு ஊறு நேரும்போது யாராக இருந்தாலும் அவர்களுடன் மோத தயங்காத குணம், தான் காதலிக்கும் பெண் மீது வைக்கும் அதீத அன்பு, அவள் தனக்கு மட்டுமே சொந்தமாக இருக்க வேண்டும் என்ற வெறி, பெரிய கலைஞனாக இருந்தாலும் ஒரு சாராசரி மனிதனுக்கு உள்ளது போன்ற பயம், சந்தேகம் இத்யாதிகள். மொத்தத்தில் ரத்தமும் சதையுமான ஒரு பச்சை மனிதன்.

சில நாட்களுக்கு முன்பு ஜெய்-யுடன் இதைப் பற்றி தான் விவாதித்துக்கொண்டிருந்தேன். எத்தனை shadesஐ அசாத்தியமாக காண்பித்திருப்பார். அசுர சாதனை. அடங்கிய தொனியில் இருக்கும் காட்சிகளிலும்.

"கோவந்தேன்..." என்று ஜில்லு சொன்னதும்
    "குறை இல்லாத மனுஷன் ஏது ஜில்லு.." என்று சொல்வார். இது ஞானியின் வார்த்தையோ, விரக்தியில் சொல்வதோ இல்லை. ஒரு மாதிரி tired and dry குரலில் சொல்வார்.

முதன் முதலாக கோவிலில் கச்சேரி செய்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் போது வண்டியில் வந்து இறங்கும் மோகனாவை பார்த்தவுடன் பாலையாவிடம் அதை சுட்டிக் காட்டும் கண் அசைவு,
    பிரமாதமான tag-team!
    அதற்கு லயித்து வாசித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் பாலையா விழித்து, கவனித்து, சிரிப்பது.
    தத்தம் கலைகளின் உச்சத்தில் இருக்கும் தருணத்தில் கூட இந்த இரு கலைஞர்கள் 'have some attention to spare' என்ற அளவுக்கு அந்த சித்தரிப்பிலேயே தெரிந்துவிடும்.

ஆசையை கட்டுப்படுத்த முடியாமல் கச்சேரிக்கு போய் மறைந்திருந்து பார்க்கும் ஒரு காதல் வயப்பட்ட மனிதனை எப்படி வெளிக் கொண்டு வருகிறார்.
    அதுவும் அந்த 'ஷண்முகா'வுக்கு 'அடி!' என்று அந்த துடுக்குத்தனத்துக்கு react செய்யும் விதம்

அடுத்து தற்செயலாக ஒரே ரயிலில் சண்முகமும் மோகனாவும் பயணம் செய்யும் வாய்ப்பு.
    தற்செயல் இல்லை. குழுவையே கடைசி ரயிலுக்காக காக்க வைப்பார். பாலையா காரணத்தை உடைக்கப்போக, வேறு வழியில்லாமல் அரைமனதுடன் கிளம்புவார். கனவானின் காதல் அல்லவா

வைத்தி, படியில் நிற்கும் மோகனாவைப் பார்த்துவிட்டு யாரு மோகனாவா என்று கேட்டுவிட்டு அங்கே போக முற்படும்போது அவள் தனக்கு மட்டுமே சொந்தம் என்ற possessiveness மீண்டும் சண்முகத்திடம் தலை தூக்க எங்களை பார்க்க வந்தியா இல்லை அவங்களை பார்க்க வந்தியா என்று முறுக்கும் சண்முகம், அங்கே மீண்டும் அந்த கதாபாத்திரத்தின் குணாதிசயங்களை அழகுற காட்சி வைக்கிறார் நடிகர் திலகம்.
    இப்படியும் சொல்லலாம். நான் இதை வேறு மாதிரி நினைத்தேன். அந்த தருணத்தில் அவன் மகாகலைஞன். தன்னை வரவேற்க வந்தவன், தனக்கு உரிய மரியாதையைச் செய்யவேண்டுமே ஒழிய, இன்னொரு கலைஞரை சந்தித்துப் பேசி, தன்னை incidentalஆக வரவேற்றதாக இருக்கக்கூடாது என்ற பிடிவாதம் தெரிந்தது.

உங்கள் கச்சேரியை கேட்கத்தான் வந்தோம் என்று திரண்டிருக்கும் பொது மக்கள் சொல்ல அந்த பெருமிதம் முகத்தில் ஒரு கனம் மின்னி மறைவதை என்னவென்று சொல்லுவது?
    முதலில் அந்த ஆங்கிலம் புரியாமல் ஒரு கனம் குழப்பமாய் பார்க்க வைத்தி அது என்னவென்று விளக்க உடனே பாலையாவைப் பார்த்து கண் அசைவிலே ஓகே என்று சொல்லி அவர் வாசிக்கும் காட்சி அற்புதமான ஒன்று.

வைத்தி மொழிபெயர்த்ததும் "இவ்வளவு தானா எப்படி ஊதித் தள்ளுகிறோம் பார்" என்று இருவரும் முகபாவங்கள் மூலமாகவே காட்டி விடுவார்கள்.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே