Page 240 of 401 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 4005

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan Part 10

Post Thanks / Like
    Just reached the 3rd post.

Mr.Raghavendra, I think what Gopal means is the concept of 'comparative statics'. (hence he invoked that as something students of economics would know - and I plead guilty )

The idea is not to dismiss the circumstances and other considerations of the particular Sivaji's performances. But simply hold them static and analyze the performances. The thrust here is to highlight how (in Gopal's opinion, which we shall wait to read and be convinced or nonplussed about) Sivaji exuded various styles of acting. And for this, the other circumstances are being kept in the backburner for the purpose of this series. That is all.

I feel your anxiety may be misplaced.

Much as you acknowledge the importance of the extraneous circumstances surrounding the film, you will not say they are 'essential' to appreciate a film - right? Sometimes I chance upon a scene in a movie when swapping channels on tv - I don't know the movie but I am able to appreciate the performance. I would not deny I'd be able to appreciate better if I knew more. No questions. But it is not as if it is necessary to appreciate anything at all.

That, if I am not wrong, that is what Gopal is saying. Taking say 'a scene performance' in some foreign film and comparing to a 'Sivaji performs' - necessitates us to shear off the contexts to be able to make a comparison. This is not to say the contexts are unimportant. Not at all.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopal,S. View Post
    இந்தியாவின் ஒரே உலக அதிசயம்.-பாகம்-3
    Excellent post.
    Exactly the kind of elucidation I was seeking last time. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopal,S. View Post
    குறைகள்- முன் முடிவு செய்ய பட்டு நடிப்பு execute செய்ய படும் இந்த வகை நடிப்பில் ,சோர்வும்,staleness உம் தெரிய வாய்ப்புள்ளது.Energy level குறைவாக தேவை படும்,evenly paced (poised ?) பாத்திரங்களுக்கே இவ்வகை நடிப்பு உதவும்.இந்த வகை நடிப்பில் நடிகர் கூடு விட்டு கூடு மாறும் அதிசயம் நிகழ வாய்ப்பே இல்லை.பல பாத்திரங்கள் ஏற்று நடித்தாலும், நடிகரின் உண்மையான உள்ளணர்வு,தேக்க உணர்ச்சிகள் சார்ந்தே இயங்குவதால், எந்த மாதிரி வித விதமான subject கொண்ட படங்களில் நடித்தாலும் ,அந்த பாத்திரங்களுக்கு அவரவர்கள் இயல்பு கொண்டே பொருத்தி கொள்ள முடியும்."Sense Memory"அடிப்படையில் பாத்திரத்தை அணுகும் போது வெவ் வேறு காலகட்டங்களுக்கு (ஆதி காலம்,இடைக்காலம்,வேறு பட்ட கலாசார சூழ்நிலைகள் )அந்த பாத்திரங்களின் period related behaviour &mind -set ஆகியவற்றில் ஒரு contemporary தன்மை வருவது தவிர்க்க முடியாதது. இவர்கள் தண்டவாளத்தில் பயணிக்கும் ரயில் வண்டி போன்றவர்களே.
    I have some questions. But you may have answered them in later sections. Will read and then post..hopefully in a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like
    venkiram, your post is quite unnecessarily harsh. Mr.Raghavendra's concern is that we don't ignore the other aspects of Sivaji the star. That is all.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Gopal Sir,

Exellent anaysis of Various NT's acting skills. This will help in
    showcasing to the world about our NT.

Thanks a lot for your stupendous work.

Mr Raghavendra Sir,

Thanks a lot for your able support to Mr Gopal Analysis in
    bringing various dimesions of NT's acting.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Raghavender ji,
    Thank you for giving details abt the book.
    சிவாஜியின் நடிப்பிலக்கணம் - கவிஞர் நந்திவர்மன் ஜீவன். வெளியீடு நர்மதா பதிப்பகம்,

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NTFANS - Next Programme :

As a part of the programme, a conference is to be held as detailed in the invitation and an exhibition as a tribute to legends of Tamil cinema is also arranged.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    venkiram, your post is quite unnecessarily harsh. Mr.Raghavendra's concern is that we don't ignore the other aspects of Sivaji the star. That is all.
    I don't want to go into detail on what words of Mr.Raghavendra made me to write such. Anyway, I accept I could have politely said instead of harsh tone. I am deleting my post. Apologies Mr. Raghavendra's Sir.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear P_R / Venkiram
    It was just a retaliation and nothing intentional. No necessity for any apology or such feel. Take it easy. I don't take any remarks on me personally to heart and that too only in a very rare occasion. I have deleted my post too. My retaliation comes only when there is some adverse or unwanted remarks on such a great legend like NT.

Thank you for the sentiments.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vannakkam Everybody...Am not new to hub as i I have been reading this as a visitor like numerous over the net. But am new to providing comment feedback opinion etc. Hi to all

VANAKKAM PALAMURAI SONNAEN...SABAYINAR MUNNAE..
    AAduvar aatamum paaduvar patumai anniyar kalithirukka..yaaradhu manilae yaradhu nadagam parkalam endru nan padaiedukka...ennada mudiyum unnal endru en edirigal kokkarikka...idhuvum mudiyum innamum mudiyum endru naan vaaledukka.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    Just reached the 3rd post.

Mr.Raghavendra, I think what Gopal means is the concept of 'comparative statics'. (hence he invoked that as something students of economics would know - and I plead guilty )

The idea is not to dismiss the circumstances and other considerations of the particular Sivaji's performances. But simply hold them static and analyze the performances. The thrust here is to highlight how (in Gopal's opinion, which we shall wait to read and be convinced or nonplussed about) Sivaji exuded various styles of acting. And for this, the other circumstances are being kept in the backburner for the purpose of this series. That is all.

I feel your anxiety may be misplaced.

Much as you acknowledge the importance of the extraneous circumstances surrounding the film, you will not say they are 'essential' to appreciate a film - right? Sometimes I chance upon a scene in a movie when swapping channels on tv - I don't know the movie but I am able to appreciate the performance. I would not deny I'd be able to appreciate better if I knew more. No questions. But it is not as if it is necessary to appreciate anything at all.

That, if I am not wrong, that is what Gopal is saying. Taking say 'a scene performance' in some foreign film and comparing to a 'Sivaji performs' - necessitates us to shear off the contexts to be able to make a comparison. This is not to say the contexts are unimportant. Not at all.
    Dear Prabhu,
    True and I too have the same view point. The insistence I wanted to make was one thing. Except under rarest of rare cases where a single film is capable of fetching awards under different categories, it is very common that the awardees including that of Oscars, are selected for their performance and output, irrespective of the film - whether it is a class or is it not worthy or any such considerations. This yardstick applies to all the categories of a crew of a film and selection based on the output he/she gives.

When this is the case, let us not make a mistake by bluntly ignoring a film for any reason wherein NT would have given some intricate and nuantic performance, which might go unnoticed because of ignorance. I can in the course of discussions and where deemed fit, can bring you examples of such occasions, from the late films of NT.

இறந்தவர்கள் வீட்டில் தாங்கள் கவனித்திருக்கலாம். அந்த துக்கம் எல்லோரிடமும் ஒரே அளவு பாதிப்பை ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்காது. அங்கே சம்பரதாயத்திற்காக வருந்துவர்களும் இருப்பர், தாங்க முடியாத துயரத்துடன் வருந்துவோரும் இருப்பர், அதே சமயம் மிகவும் அந்நியோன்யம் இல்லாமலும் அதே சமயம் சற்றே நெருங்கியவர்களாகவும் இருக்கக் கூடியவர்களும் தங்கள் துயரத்தை வெளிப்படுத்துவதில் வேறுபாடுகள் காண முடிவதுண்டு.

இதை நடிகர் திலகம் எத்தனை படங்களில் எத்தனை விதங்களில் தந்திருக்கிறார் என்று தங்களுக்குத் தெரிந்திருக்கலாம். இதைப் பற்றியே ஒரு தனித் திரி துவங்கி நடிகர் திலகத்தின் அழுகைக் காட்சிகள் என எழுதலாம். பலர் நினைக்கக் கூடும் தாங்கள் உள்பட ... பின்னாளில் வந்த படங்களில் அவருடைய அழுகைக் காட்சியைப் பார்க்காமல் எழுந்து சென்று விடுவோரும் உண்டு. ஆனால் அதில் அவர் இணைத்துள்ள பல நுணுக்கமான விஷயங்களை சொல்லும் போது தங்கள் பார்வையே வித்தியாசமாக இருக்கும்.

இதைத் தான் நான் வலியுறுத்த விரும்புகிறேன். கோபால் சாரின் கட்டுரையில் இந்தக் கட்டத்தைப் பற்றிய விவாதங்கள் வந்தால் அப்போது இந்த அழுகைக் காட்சிகளில் உள்ள நுணுக்கங்களை உதாரணங்களுடன் பார்க்கலாம்.

இந்த அழுகைக் காட்சி ஒரு சேம்பிளே.. ஒவ்வொரு உணர்வுக்கும் இது போல் ஏராளமாக விஷயங்கள் உண்டு.