Page 5 of 400 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drastically disagree wrt Mumbai express. Kadum Kandanam.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    uyarthiru 420 - ok movie for sunday afternoon... some interesting twists
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    AF

Nijamavanga solringa?

MX is a boring Film. Worst experience with this film
    Last edited by Srimannarayanan; 3rd June 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nov

Did you like it because of the Producer and climax scenes in Malaysia?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ishtam - so so

Another moral lesson from indian movie. Story goes like big mouthed guy, and "I am too good" kinda girl falls in love and split up, they realize afterwards they are made for each other.

Vimal is ok, except in songs. Nisha Agarwal another hot heroine, acting ok, exposure double ok.
    Santhanam is here and there with his witty one liners.

ok to watch one time, unless u have closemind.
    God bless all

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Srimannarayanan View Post
    Did you like it because of the Producer and climax scenes in Malaysia?
    ha ha ha...
    there is no such palace in malaysia sriman .. and no agreement/tender is signed in chinese

its an ok way to pass 2 hours on a lazy sunday afternoon.
    must watch ellaam illa..
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Dasa (on DVD) and Vasool Raja MBBS (Sun TV) this weekend. A glaring difference in Kamal's approach.

To be honest, I could not enjoy Dasa much, as I did when it was released. But it was racy, went fast, but higly cliched movie. Could not appreicate the Asin-Kamal scenes (it was quite irritating) and the forced avatars of Kamal (with plastic make-ups). Characters were not well written. SFX and Grapics right from the 12th century temple till the last Tsunami scenes could have done better, clearly I can see it was not real. Even Kamal's performance was not up to the mark despite his hard work on different avatars. It seems to me that the film was hurrily made trying to cover everything in 2 1/2 hours, with not much focus on the content, nor on the other features.

On the other hand, a remade movie which I enjoyed to the core. Not sure how many times I would have watched this movie, but I never felt boring. Kamal's fantastic performance through out. Few scenes just on top of my head.

1. At the Dean's office (Prakash Raj's office). How he changes his expressions first by making us laugh and immediately recalling his father (enga appa azhuthu naan parthathE illa, theriyuma) and making us cry (you have to see his acting there, ) and again making us feel better by telling him it is a revenge (rivittu ). The slang, dialogue delivery, timing; perfect in every sense.
    2. When he tries to console Zakir having found he got cancer. When Zakir tells him, he will not understand, and Kamal replies (after he goes away), illa Zakir, enakku puriyum. This man is genius.
    3. When Zakir dies. Again his acting and dialogues, quoting how can he answer his mother. Top class!
    4. At the last test, where he breaks down and accepts his failure.

Every character, even though it is short, very well scripted and sculpted. Overall a film full of applause from me.

I don't need a grand movie like Dasa (where I can nitpick everywhere and move away from him), but definitely would like a simple movie like Vasool Raja (where I can get close to him), where we can really appreciate both Kamal as an actor and an excellent writer (even though the story is not original).

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kalakalappu - The best thamizh comedy film since MMKR. (probably overrating it a tad - but it is ok ma)
    Kept on laughing till the end. Whoever wrote the script deserves a big gold shield with diamonds studded in it.
    Even the smallest of characters had a noteworthy line and they all evenly made good use of it except the heroines who
    have been allotted a different purpose (only uth hubbers have to confirm the quality of that).
    Sample: Prostitute to Pimp - Commissionai Kaasaaththaan kudukkanuma?
    Santhanam - idhu onnum avlo comedy illa
    Vimal to Shiva - andha ottai avlo size dhaan irukkumnu onakku eppdi theriyum?
    Shiva - (funny flashback in mind, dismissed it and says) adhellam oru planning

ILavarasu to shiva - Ellathayum vitralaam - romba easyaa ennai kandupidikara getup irundhaalum - theriyadha maadhiriye annanum thambiyum nadicheengaLE ...

many such nuggets - Sundar C - aiyya indha writera vidadheenga - nadikka mattum vandhuraadhenga - but keep doing the Voice over thingy - it was casual and nice.

Special shottus to Mano bala and the car chase scene in the moonu theru village...
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post

many such nuggets - Sundar C - aiyya indha writera vidadheenga - nadikka mattum vandhuraadhenga - but keep doing the Voice over thingy - it was casual and nice.
    probably the last of Sundar C's movie as a lead actor is releasing this month.. MURATTUKAALAI

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    Kalakalappu - The best thamizh comedy film since MMKR. (probably overrating it a tad - but it is ok ma)
    overratingnnu paathalum...Agreed the film was comical and very enjoyable, but to talk about it in terms of mmkr is

Page 5 of 400 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast