Page 389 of 400 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kirumi [2015 : Tamil : 1h45m : Thriller (Drama)]

Co-written & Directed by Anucharan

Aptly titled, Kirumi talks about the deadly germ - Fear. Kirumi directly enters into the hollow thoughts of an aimless man, Kathir. Kathir's life is inserted with moments which kicks starts gloriously, but quickly takes a drastic change that ends up rough. An opputunity puts Kathir in the corridors of joy, but soon turns into a disaster sucking his life and pulling everything assosiated with him like a skyscraper eaten by the earth during a quake.

The visual track of the film is splendid. The ambience is set solidly by a quality filming tone, introducing us to yet another promising technicien, Anucharan. The director takes a peculiar narrative style by providing only temporal and spatial information. This peculiarity establishes the point of view of the film, which in return depends purely within the audience. A complicated study (even the precedent line) which can be illustrated with many extracts from the film - the climax of the film sees Kathir bleeding; POV shot of Kathir which visualises a close up face with eyes starring at him (at us) directly. Those who have watched the movie should have (most probably) experienced a 'self-narrative' running inside their head. Most of the scenes with Kathir's gaurdian Prabakar, wonderfully played by veteran actor Charlie, includes such dramatic moments assited by crisp dialogues. To aid the focalization, the film constantly changes the mood, where the ACT 2 concentrates mostly on the drama of realisation that smokes out a pungent evil - fear. Its this character study that differentiates Kirumi from other main stream films.

Kirumi is narrated within a specific frame of time - a start point somewhere in middle of an young married man's life. This aspect allows the movie to become a perfect thriller, as the time frame is short. A diverse music score differenciates the drama from the psychological exploration of the protagonist. The songs are matching and used to move forward the film. And the best part is the characters and the casting. A gem of actors roaming around the film as though they are all real. Special mention to Kathir (who plays Kathir) for his fantastic use of his eyes and neck movements - another promising actor, maybe an equivalent to Dinesh. I simple adored Reshmi Menon, both how the character was sketched and the way she played it. Plus she is very pretty. Yogi Babu is funny. The police officials & the criminals are directly lifted from Suseenthiran's books, so apt and perfectly organised. The climax is kind of terror, eventhough it tries to match Naan Mahan Alla or Madras. Ofcoarse, the cinematography by Arul Vincent has motion in every scene where the camera follows each character in a candid way making the viewers as onlookers. When the characters are not moving, there is movement inside the frame - a quick exemple would be, Kathir standing still at the cremation ground while a train passing above his head, and when edited to the next shot, we see the flames dancing. And editing is picture perfect.

Kirumi is certainly a new wave cinema, that does not try to over do, but sticks to what it wants to convey visually.

Kirumi - Sacralised Infection
    Last edited by mappi; 5th October 2015 at 03:33 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. Likes balaajee liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Vaalu - Paisa Vasool. Enjoyed the movie a lot esp all Thala references. Simbhu could have avoided all the larger than life fights and could have stuck to his character like he had done in most part of the movie. His imitation of Mgr is very good and he is almost hidden in that makeup. While he maintains the body language for rajini, his thick mush and hair style reminded me of telugu hero Venkatesh. Thala get up is Ok. But he looks good as manmadhan Simbu. Hanshika is good too. Santhanam is OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by selvakumar; 5th October 2015 at 10:25 AM.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After sometime Now only able to catch few films

VSOP - I do not know how long this Rajesh gonna stick with same story. irritating to core. Same story same kinda characters. Seriously, I still do not understand how thios guy gets producers.

Vaalu - Blade like nothing. Soora mokkai. Intha padathukku Vijay help pannamala viddu irukaalam. Couldn't able to watch till end.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post
    After sometime Now only able to catch few films

VSOP - I do not know how long this Rajesh gonna stick with same story. irritating to core. Same story same kinda characters. Seriously, I still do not understand how thios guy gets producers.

Vaalu - Blade like nothing. Soora mokkai. Intha padathukku Vijay help pannamala viddu irukaalam. Couldn't able to watch till end.
    VSOP - didn't even want to watch it.

Vaalu - same here, didn't finish it, half way thru for last 2 weeks.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kirumi - Very good attempt
    எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post

Arya was the producer for VSOP.

TR aachum pesama irundhurupaar .

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thani Oruvan - Well made film. Loved the scenes btw. Arvind Swaamy and Thambi Ramaiah. BGM was one of the best this year if not best. Jayam Ravi delivers working with his brother. Not surprised film became BB.

Maari - no story at all. Without Robo Shankar this film would be on the bottom lists. Comedy parts and songs saved the film.

Puli - Had despite negative reviews some expectations. Film did not work for me. Almost everything from songs to screenplay was weak. Flashback scenes with Vijay could have been much better. Shruti was yummy but her voice arrrrgh. Overall definitely not as bad as Sura. Comedy and graphics worked for most of the part. How could Sudeep not recognize Vijay as Son of Pulivendhan is the big question mark? That questions sums up where director failed.

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Puli: If I have to list the horrible movies I watched this year, off the top of my head I would list vaalu, Romeo Juliet , uthama villian, kochadayan (yes I saw it late) and Maari. Puli joins the list.

I can elaborate on why I hated the movie, but I don't think I can do that without hurting the feelings of several people in this forum. So, let me leave it at that.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

11. Thanks balaajee thanked for this post
    Likes balaajee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    I can elaborate on why I hated the movie, but I don't think I can do that without hurting the feelings of several people in this forum. So, let me leave it at that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly the 4 movies lined up for release have a kind of 'countdown or number' involved in them :

10 endrathukula : Title & song 'Pathu Endrathukulla'

KO2 : song 'Vidaadha' - "Pathoda Pathinonna Nee Illa"

Nannum Rowdy Thaan : Title Track - 'Oru Kallula Patthu Manga Onna Adipaane'

Vedhalam : Teaser