Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted with warning-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orange Mittai [2015 : Tamil : Melodrama : 100 mins]
    Written & Directed by Biju Viswanath

Starring : Vijay Sethupathy, Ramesh Thilak & Arumughan.

Before going for the movie, I convinced myself that I am going to watch a melodrama, not my favourite genre, but one just can't ignore Vijay Sethupathi. And I was pleasantly suprised how the drama was handled by the writer & director Biju Viswanath. There was not a single dramatic sobing with fake tears, but Biju projects a hyper sensitive relationship is a positive manner. The Trio who are present in the movie are natural, so are the few other supporting characters. A simple story of a young man, still recovering from the demise of his father, meets up with a stranger during a medical emergency cirucumstance. Here, the young man is juggling with his personel and professional life, where as the aged patient is just profiting his unmerry life amoung the crowd until it lasts. At a point they both break down and realise a commonness between them - in search of affection, someone to hold on to, anyone who could just listen. These 2 mixed personalities mix together, just like the films title.

The immediate thought I got after watching the movie was that it should have been a Tele-Film. And Vijay Sethupathi, eventhough appreciating his attempts, should start hearing to larger works meant purely for feature films. Biju Viswanath struggle to get Orange Mittai above a short film and even better than a documentary is clearly visible, as the content for which it has been scripted is not for a full length feature film. Eventhough its in an Arthouse format, it does not gather enough elements. An immediate exemple that comes to my mind is Veedu. In Orange Mittai, the elements that are thrown in are not so vital to the film, except for the begining and the ending. For instance, the scenes are long, it was like they were still in an audition. The 2 major characters dont get involved at all, except during the last few minutes which was simply superb.

Original Music Score by Justin Prabhakaran is outstanding. The scene where they 2 walk through rough paths to reach the home of the patient was neatly scored. And there is a lot of tiny tickling moment throughout the film. The guy with suicidal ideation was funny and has cleverly performed his role. There is fluency is both picturing and rendering the film within its chosen runtime. I liked Kailasam, the aged patient played by Vijay Sethupathi. The tiny mischiefs are great to watch, and there comes a point where he does not utter anything, but just looks. The connection he makes with the audience is tremendrous. There are several scenes I liked in the movie - with the inspector, the doctor, with driver Arumugam (played awesomely by artist Arumughan), and esp. the hug from Sathya (enacted by Ramesh Thilak - hats off). But the dance from the promo was a disappointment but suceeds when Kailasam smiles at the cresant moon.

Question : Does the supervisors's voice belong to Bobby Simha ?

If you choose to watch Orange Mittai, please try also the french movie 'Hippocrate' directed by Thomas Lilti. Its got the same medical theme, but completely different from Orange Mittai.

I would recomend Orange Mittai to all drama movie lovers, who had seen enough of whining on the screen. This film will be a different experience.

Orange Mittai : Sour Son, Sweet Father
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sakalakalavalla appatakar watched at NU Sentral

one of most worst movie 2015

silapadanggal paaka paakathan pudikum intha paaka pudikkave pudikathu..higly recomended worst movie..

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orange Mittai
    If you like different fare from the usual, you will enjoy this movie.
    No heroine, songs, fights or other corny stuff. No real story either.
    There are no flashbacks to explain why the lead characters behave the way they do.
    More than Vijay Sethupathi, this is a platform for Ramesh Thilak to perform and what a performance it is!
    Laid back but nevertheless very interesting. Just 2 hours and it will get your attention throughout.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

6. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mission Impossible
    What an incredible movie!
    Seat gripping ride all the way. I loved how all knots were neatly tied in the end!

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

8. Likes Dammy R liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Mission Impossible
    What an incredible movie!
    Seat gripping ride all the way. I loved how all knots were neatly tied in the end!

Nov, where will u place this installment within its series....felt bad(waste of money) for watching last installment of JURRASIC PARk.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a fan of the series Balajee. Have enjoyed all previous ones. Tom Cruise has aged but he isn't slowing down.

Of course there are a lot of cinematic stuff but because of the pace, you won't realise or bother about them.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a fan of the series Balajee. Have enjoyed all previous ones. Tom Cruise has aged but he isn't slowing down.

Of course there are a lot of cinematic stuff but because of the pace, you won't realise or bother about them.

I too love Mission impossible...bike stunt of MI2 had been tried by lot of Indian movie makers(tamil, telugu, hindi...) but none achieved 50% of it.......

Post Thanks / Like
    And the chase scenes... although it has been done to death.... here it's very exciting.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree