Page 361 of 400 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any one seen Terminator: Genisys ?? I really wanted to watch it, but too much negative reviews ,especially from "rotten tomatoes" .
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    did anyone watch "premam" malayalm movie? it's running in DC week after week...
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    did anyone watch "premam" malayalm movie? it's running in DC week after week...
    I did.. It was good.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. thanks. today i scheduled to watch papanasam...probably i'll watch it next week.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaakka Muttai

A good film. Loved the performances of both the kids and all the supporting actors. But I only wonder what the hype was all about. It didnt have anything exceptional to be given 60 marks in AV or the 'wow factor' that films like Soodhu Kavvum or Jigarthanda had.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Any one seen Terminator: Genisys ?? I really wanted to watch it, but too much negative reviews ,especially from "rotten tomatoes" .
    Param ji,

Terminator is a franchise. If you followed it from 1984, I don't see any reason why you would skip Terminator: Genisys, assuming that you have watched 'Rise of the Machines' & 'Salvation'. If you have got past them, you will survive Genisys too. Hollywood keeps on pumping sequels after sequels, and if you have noted, that's what they have been doing for the past decade.

Well, as you have asked : Electronic occupation continues. The characters are retained - Kyle Reese, John Connor & surprisingly T-800 too - and the fight for survival is up and kicking, this time around 2017, if you accept to take the journey from 1984. This is where they try to revive the franchise adding in a new time line to make Arnold fight Himself, which was fantastic. Genisys tris to draw its energy from Judgement Day and the way it juices itself up is just fine, but the way it holds on is questionable as Genisys attire looks stunning but aspect looks older than Judgement day. And if you have followed Rise of Machines, the resistence gets re-written with a new survival mode - Genisys, which is nothing new, but for Alan Taylor, yes. So, the other details depends how much you love the series - like they have a new sound track for Genisys and upgraded Judgement Day machines. Arnold is inside striking with his awesome lines (I will be back - still looks excellent after 30 years), where they try to justify him as a Gaurdian - 'I have been waiting for you'. The tricks makes Terminator a technical mythos.

Genisys depends on your likeness to the series, how much attention you would like to invest and nothing to do with anything negative or positive. I liked Genisys and will like Terminator 6 too, and am not bothered about tomatoes that are rotten.

If you choose to watch it please let us know more about the movie.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Param ji,

Terminator is a franchise. If you followed it from 1984, I don't see any reason why you would skip Terminator: Genisys, assuming that you have watched 'Rise of the Machines' & 'Salvation'. If you have got past them, you will survive Genisys too. Hollywood keeps on pumping sequels after sequels, and if you have noted, that's what they have been doing for the past decade.

Well, as you have asked : Electronic occupation continues. The characters are retained - Kyle Reese, John Connor & surprisingly T-800 too - and the fight for survival is up and kicking, this time around 2017, if you accept to take the journey from 1984. This is where they try to revive the franchise adding in a new time line to make Arnold fight Himself, which was fantastic. Genisys tris to draw its energy from Judgement Day and the way it juices itself up is just fine, but the way it holds on is questionable as Genisys attire looks stunning but aspect looks older than Judgement day. And if you have followed Rise of Machines, the resistence gets re-written with a new survival mode - Genisys, which is nothing new, but for Alan Taylor, yes. So, the other details depends how much you love the series - like they have a new sound track for Genisys and upgraded Judgement Day machines. Arnold is inside striking with his awesome lines (I will be back - still looks excellent after 30 years), where they try to justify him as a Gaurdian - 'I have been waiting for you'. The tricks makes Terminator a technical mythos.

Genisys depends on your likeness to the series, how much attention you would like to invest and nothing to do with anything negative or positive. I liked Genisys and will like Terminator 6 too, and am not bothered about tomatoes that are rotten.

If you choose to watch it please let us know more about the movie.
    Thanks Mappi , I will certainly watch it this weekend
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "primer" - when you get time watch this little gem.. am sure you'll be tempted to turn it off after first 20-25 mins but if you keep little patience you'll be rewarded handsomely. it's availble in netflix and the ratings there aren't good but disregard them for the moment and give this a shot. also i think it's virtually impossible to correctly interpret and understand the movie first time so a second pass is definitely needed

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Mad Max - Fury Road" is one helluva ride totally enjoyable - George Miller's several years of painstaking efforts show in the final product - stunning!

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    one of the funniest scenes i have watched in recent times...see from 26 min 44 sec onwards

Last edited by mexicomeat; 4th July 2015 at 08:42 PM.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali