Page 356 of 400 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    காக்கா முட்டை - தமிழ்சினிமா இட்ட தங்கமுட்டை !
    விருது படமென்றால் அழுது வடிய வேண்டியிருக்குமோ என மாசு , தூசு வகையறாக்களுக்கு முண்டியடிப்போருக்கு .. போலி சோகம் , உணர்ச்சி சுரண்டல் இல்லாத உண்மையான மாஸ் படம் காக்கா முட்டை .
    சின்ன காக்கா முட்டை .. நடிகண்டா .. நீ நடிகண்டா !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romeo & Juliet - William lost his spear with his shaking hands

The kind of movie we have seen thousand times in tamil cinema, yet repeated again. In first half the girl makes guy feel bad, in 2nd half its the opposite and at the end they re unites. The movie is not worth the hype it created. D Imaan dissapoints for a change, only Dandanakka is up to mark. Considering the ending this movie would have been a perfect valentines day release.

I cant help thinking the Dandanakka TR made against the movie is part of the movie promotion. and BTW Dandanakka song picturisation is awful. Hit songs deserves really good visuals.
    God bless all

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

5. Likes A.ANAND liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inimey Ippidithaan -

Very average movie, it feels like watching a movie from 80s. A guy is caught between two girls and how their fate turns out to be in the end. The only positive thing about the movie is some comedy scenes here n there.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Romeo Juliet - time pass

Men want good looks
    Women want financial stability

That's how nature planned it but in general only women are taught lessons.

I'm waiting for the day when the hero is taught that good heart is more important than fair skin and beautiful face.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    I'm waiting for the day when the hero is taught that good heart is more important than fair skin and beautiful face.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Satheelelavathi and Chinna veedu have that message .

Post Thanks / Like
    Chinna Veedu, yes... good effort by Pakiaraj..... but these days, most producers are running after Bombay beauties.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Satheelelavathi and Chinna veedu have that message .
    Just remembered an old saying "Manushan enna thaan Kizhi pOla pondati irunthalum kurungu pOla vappatiya theduvan nu " lol !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    During the day, I don't beleive in ghosts. At night, I am a little more open minded.

Our four little friends, catch-up at a bar and end at De Monte colony to pass their wonderful late evening in the quater's bunglow, a building rumored to be haunted. Day breaks, the daily routine eats them and the following evening they assemble at thier appartments to find out that their place is no more the same, including their television set.

A Horror Fest material for its originality, outstanding sound-track and setup. De Monte Colony-The Movie is a typical genre film-making. As there are not much materials in TFI to track down De Monte Colony-The Movie, please excuse me to bring in few foriegn works. To track its inspiration you have start from John W. Campbell's novel "Who Goes There?" and then come down until the movie 'The Things'. Basically its made out using the concept - Cabin Fever [a person or group is isolated and/or shut in a small space]. Nothing to do with De Monte Colony, but Reeker (Rated R - 2005) is another movie where a group of teens get caught in an abandoned town and start running in rounds. And I watched Assylum [goes also by the names Exeter or Blackmask (Rated R - 2015)] before De Monte Colony. A group of teens - cliché - get stuck inside a building where one by one get pocessed - cliché - their eyes change white. There is a bunch of other movies, maybe when I find some time I will put a note in Foreign Film/Horror Film threads.

Yet again not going into the technical aspects of the film and going 'bla-bla' about how hard its to film inside a 20x20 box-room by taking much care to calculate the height & length and to fix shots depending on the lighting without burning down the arists and pronouncing cuts for the post-production, but just an exemple : Camera (no shakes) moves up to show Alwarpet Sign board, then, moves down (no shake) De Monte Colony sign board. That's how they used their team work efficiently to get a convicing final product.

Soundtrack - Title Card presentation, when De Monte returns and finds about his wife, the violin bit for the TV & the climax revelation - all the pieces were simply superb. Then the 'half-death-metal' suituational song 'Oru Naal Odangal' was excellent. The De Monte back story narration was clear - A De Monte Shining - eventhough I have seen those type of image style elsewhere. Also When De Monte searches for his servants, reminded me of the 'killer-dinosaur (whatever biological name it goes with)' looking for the kids.

The casting is great too. MS Bhasker and his assistant (what is his name please, been seeing him in many movies - also the one who surfs internet) give a nice comical plus plot touch to the film. The whole of ACT 2 is taken care by Arulnithi, Ramesh Thilak & Sanath, while their 4th friend takes a nap. The events that happen in their room are interesting, including the 'ash-arrow', which was kind of creepy. Srinivasan, played by Arulnithi, character gets a bit edged showing what really happens when death knocks and its your turn to open the door. Arulnithi brings out the scary face very well & Ramesh Thilak with his funny lines and comical moves lightens the suituation. The whole idea behind the pocession is great - De Monte playing with his preys. But I did not get the last frame where we see the back of an head upside down beside Arulnithi. What is it & why is it there ?

De Monte Colony brings in an excellent genre-twist where Ajay Gnanamuthu narrates us his horror story rich in Art and has depth in its Content.

De Monte Colony - Hall of Terror
    Last edited by mappi; 24th June 2015 at 05:35 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

12. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Chinna Veedu, yes... good effort by Pakiaraj..... but these days, most producers are running after Bombay beauties.
    Because audiences are running after them . Anegan heroine .