Page 336 of 400 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neethane En ponvasantham..kinda like the film now not sure why i hated the film at that point of time..the problems varun and nithya faced are quite realistic..IR was also in top form.GM should have made this film much later..not immediately after VTV
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Neethane En ponvasantham..kinda like the film now not sure why i hated the film at that point of time..the problems varun and nithya faced are quite realistic..IR was also in top form.GM should have made this film much later..not immediately after VTV
    you hated the movie because it was dragging and slow...you wanted a fast screenplay... though both jeeva and samantha did a good job guess some other actor other than jeeva could have done better and samantha could have portrayed her egoistic attitude still better...but gvm chosen not to overdo it...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    Hahaha this is what happens when any director repeats his style over and over again. It put offs people. I found many discussing in the theatre during the interval, that this movie is a copy of VV..
    "Intha director ippidiyaa copy adippaan " - back seat la oru aunty comment..
    the problem with GVM is he is hell bent on one impression formed about police characters which can't be changed and also the father-son or father-daughter bonding portrayal is so gvm formula...guess he wants to show some parts from his real life...

but we can't say YA is a copy of VV because YA is more of father-daughter bonding, a gentleman romancing a divorced lady who is a mother to a 2 year old daughter laced with a very thin plot relating to human trafficking and organ trading with ajith's machoism....ajith wanted to work with gvm's vision of movie making...and YA is one of those film..
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sandamarutham - what is Ophaleseca?

3rd worst movie of 2015 is found. It seems like mass movie directors run out of "sarakku" after few movies. I did enjoy his Kuthu, Malai Malai, Maanja Velu. Sarathukumar and overaction is not a good mix. The villain character was too far out, and comical than threatening. Meera Nandan and Oviya gets some duets with Sarathkumar but nothing more. Most annoying part of the movie is comedy, too many comedians, and none of them could make me laugh. James Vasanthan songs are pretty bad, and BGM not racy enough. To ignore this movie totally is the best thing you can do for the cinema industry in tamil nadu.
    God bless all

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anegan - liked it. For me it looked like it all got all the difficult things right. Logic and magic ...both were perfect to make it entertaining. But missed small things including Dhanush's atrocious wig at places.

Tamizhuku Enn Ondrai Azhuthavum - Thoroughly enjoyed the film. Sad to see few average reviews for the film. It needs to be appreciated. A film where you do not see the typical filmi hero even in a single scene. Despite being offbeat it was entertaining throughout with humour being the highlight.

Sandamarutham - Had very very very low expectations when I went in. Realized even that level was too high for the movie.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anegan .. OK movie.
    Couldn't understand the hype on that song Danga Maari
    Some visuals are stunning .. I have been to the Pagoda and some places shown in the movie in Myanmar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched 2 movies this week:

(1) I - Good!

(2) Anegan - Awesome!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamilukku En 1 aluthavum

Kudos to the director for making an interesting movie, with a different plot. The movie is just 2 hours and 7 mins long and gets very interesting in 2nd half. Another good treat in february, I think this month has proved to be a good month for cineindustry.

+:
    The movie plot it interesting,
    very apt cast (Nakul, Aishwarya Dutta, Bindu Madhavi, Urvashi, Manobala etc)
    Thaman S. songs are good.

-:
    Could have made the movie more serious
    The cab driver didnt notice the van was following him for long time
    Attakathi Dinesh (same stone face expression throughout the movie)
    God bless all

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a laugh riot this movie was.... incredibly funny one-liners and excellent comics with perfect timing.
    Don't miss!

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Regular Hubber George Thomas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post

Tamizhuku Enn Ondrai Azhuthavum - Thoroughly enjoyed the film. Sad to see few average reviews for the film. It needs to be appreciated. A film where you do not see the typical filmi hero even in a single scene. Despite being offbeat it was entertaining throughout with humour being the highlight.
    +1 enjoyed this movie a lot. Another good thing is no unnecessary songs to hinder the tension being created ..