Page 333 of 400 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Into the storm - eye focus

I was blown away watching this. The plot is simple, but the visuals were great. As usual rotten tomatoes gave the movie poor reviews, I give a rat about that, what matters to me is entertainment! entertainment! entertainment!

what it lacked in plot, it made up with visuals - RT is a consensus from different reviews - most critics give a unanimous importance to the plotline rather than CGI
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arinthaal

Hari should learn a thing or two from Gautham on how to make a cop film without high decibel screams and flying Sumos. GVM is back, well and truly. :clap

Ajith has a role which suits his age and personality. He underplays throughout the film and it complements the film. Both heroines have played their roles well but Trisha stands out, thanks to the poetically written love track.

Arun Vijay didn't impress me much like what is projected in the media. Just ok, except that split screen sequence in the second half.

Songs were good on screen. Bgm was kinda loud and passable.

On the downside, the film takes some time to settle. But once it does, it moves with a good pace. Overall, GVM has done no harm to his reputation and I would place YA as his second best cop film after VV.

P.S: My mindvoice when I was walking out of the hall - இந்த அஜித் ஃபேன்ஸ் படம் சுமாரா இருந்தாலே சூப்பரும்பானுங்க..
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 5th February 2015 at 03:53 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched yennai arinthal...pretty average stuff from gvm..really disappointed..nowhere near to kk or vv..ajith did his part well...detailed review later

5. Likes ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isai - Sa re ga ma pa tha ni, intha padathai nee gavani

I didnt expect isai to be a thriller, it was a surprising movie, with very good acting y SJ Surya and Sathyaraj and Savithri. If you have seen the truman show with Jim Carrey you might get de ja vu watching this movie. Another notable plus in the movie is Ganja Karuppu, his scenes with Sathyaraj were well executed.

Camera work is great, esp Atho Vaanile, Nee Poiyyaa? I like the songs, but I still feel this movie would have been more special if ARR composed the songs for the movie.

The gilma silphonsi scenes are nothing compared to hollywood movies, its censors job to deal with it, they could have asked SJ Surya to cut those scenes. thers lot of comedy in the movie too, esp Raju Sundaram scenes made me lol.

Overall I enjoyed the movie, the climax twist is totally unexpected. Welcome back to kollywood SJ Surya.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai arinthal- not the best of gm and one of the better films of ajit compared to his recent releases..ya lacks the grip like wat kaaka kaaka and vetaiyadu vilaiyadu had..but its still worth a watch..ajit and trisha were impressive.. Arun was just ok..

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arindhaal....

A thin line separating good and bad. But the line is quite thick in YA as you prefer to stand on it without making a call whether the film is good or bad. Neatly made? Yes. Good intentions? Yes. Entertaining? That remains a question mark. Well all movies need not be entertaining. The graph of YA is gradual and never dips to a negative value. But the peaks in the graph never really soar great heights and remain minor momentary highs.
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 7th February 2015 at 10:03 PM.

9. Likes otedoric, ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arinthaal - a mental perspective

Q: Padam eppudi irukku?
    Mental 1: Nallarukkupaa, 3 mani neram nalla thoonginenla.

Q: Ajiths performance?
    Mental 2: Nallathaan pannirukkaru, athuvum preethi jhangiyaani oda nalla pannirukkaaru... sorrryppa ora thalamayir cuttu, red ennu nachuputten

Q: Trisha? Anuska?
    Mental 3: Yow GVP pola enna kulappaatha, Trisha illatti Nayanthara ennu namma darling paiyan confuse aayi irukkaan. Ivanga padathila vanthathe 20 nimisham, appearancu cameo, aana vaangurathu kodiya?

Comedy scenes?
    Mental 4: evvalavo humour sense ulla engalaiya vivek sirikka vakkalana, eppudi mattavangala sirikka vaippaar?

Q:ArunVijay/villain?
    Mental 5: Kathuraan, Thitturaan, Saaguraan, aana hero vida villaana bayam kaatturan. Appakku pilla thappa purakkala.

Q: Camera?
    Mental 6: Cheese

Q: How are songs?
    Mental 7: Manisharma supera tune potturukka, ...Maambala Maambalam...slowa pottu puttaru ... athanyaa Athaaru Uthaaru... yaaru Harris Jeyaraja meesic? Avarkitta BGM pannekka vayiru kolara ennu ketkanum...appadiye vayiru pirattura meethiri meesic...

Q: Gautham Vaasudev menon?
    Mental 8: Neeyavathu oru padam mudichu release panniputtiye, naattila sila pasanga 2-3 varusham 4-5 padam thodangi onnumma release aagalango.

If i wasnt mentally ill my words would have been: it is a above average movie, worth watching.
    God bless all

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arinthaal - First half slow & bore , second half engaging.
    Realistic cop story & NIL heroism - I liked this aspect of YA, but GVM should stop making cop films in future.. many scenes are repetitive from Kakkha kakkha and Vettaiyadu vilayadu.. same with Harris rerecording..
    Biggest disadvantage of YA is no twist & turns!!
    Saving Grace is Ajith in his underplayed role..

One time watch!!
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pulanvisaranai 2 - kankalukku sothanai.

Candidate 2 for worst movie of 2015 is found.
    God bless all

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arindhal - Movie was all over the place in the first half. It couldn't stick to one plot. I was so lost in the first half an hour of the movie. Most of it is due to poor editing. Where the first half was nothing but expositions, the second half is where it picks up its pace and the story. GVM can only write one type of cop. Ajith's character is the exact same as Kamal's in VV and Surya's in KK. There was no personality to the character. Only thing going for it was the Ajith's charm. Like vithagan said, if you have seen GVM's previous cop films then you can easily guess what the next scene is going to be. Not that you can't predict it without seeing them either.

I have always had a problem with GVM's writting. He tries so hard to keep the characters and dialogues grounded it comes out so artificial. Some of the dialogues were so poetic; no one in real life talks like that and the characters were so grounded no one is given a standout personality. Only Ajith's natural charm induces some personality
    into his character.

I really can't tell if it is a good movie or a bad one. It really didn't invoke any kind of emotion. It is just another GVM movie.

And GVM, please stop narrating every scene in the movie. We know what is going on without you constantly telling us what is going on. We are not that stupid.
    Last edited by Mr.GreyShirt; 7th February 2015 at 07:28 PM.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard