Page 327 of 400 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..
    Mahen... Ascaar played it when YA announced for pongal by releasing a promo with all multiplex screens... But even after that YA team proceeded with their plans as teaser and single release... some theaters and Ayngaran have confirmed about pongal release multiple times... But when YA shooting didn't complete on time they stepped back... On the other hand big budgeted Ai completed two months back and waiting for release... They need a good number of screens and fine run to book profits... They are using this chance...
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Really, is BO our concern? As an audience, I am only concerned about the quality of each movie. Let the producers and distributors worry about BO.
    so u expect producers of TT and Meghaman to continue with the trend and to only suit your taste? small films are all about ROI..they can never rake in the moolah..all the small films that you loved, have they collected >30c? I dont thinksoo...it means it never reached the masses..your 'rise of small films' claim is only within a certain area..

to sum up, we need big heroes but they have to selective on their projects..What Ajay and myself are trying to say is not big heroes = guaranteed success..but big heroes have the pull factor and can actually make good movies more successful in terms of collection
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    Leo, Mahen isn't a fan of the other side. He is a holy cow. Delete that post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    Mahen... Ascaar played it when YA announced for pongal by releasing a promo with all multiplex screens... But even after that YA team proceeded with their plans as teaser and single release... some theaters and Ayngaran have confirmed about pongal release multiple times... But when YA shooting didn't complete on time they stepped back... On the other hand big budgeted Ai completed two months back and waiting for release... They need a good number of screens and fine run to book profits... They are using this chance...
    AFAIk, I got delayed because of ARR..it was supposed to be a Christmas release but im not sure what happened..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

who Ever cares to know what A Quality movie will look / feel like !!... Pl don't bring some play cards to save Tamil water here !! all are Bhai Bhai... bye bye
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    Then I backed out of Pongal race and preponed the release date . While YA was not finished yet so had to be delayed. According to the logic of logiclist, they should have released the portions that are ready on pongal day and the rest on Jan 29

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now watching kreedam in kalaignar tv now..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched MR's masterpiece 'IRUVAR' recorded from vinmeen HD. First time listen this movies RR & songs in 5.1 sound.. Mindblowing. ARR+MR

Hope vinmeen HD bring more 80's & 90's movie mastering 5.1 channel sound

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Hari's Poojai. Truly a mindblowing experience, I say!

Hari brings in every single cliched sequence from TFI, multiplies its effect by a 100 and makes a movie out of it. Lets take an example. We've seen movies in which a supporting character, or say 2 or 3 characters get introduced in a single scene. Hari makes it a dozen.
    The stuntmen hit by a mass hero usually fly few feet vertically or horizontally eventually hitting a cart or a nearby vehicle, damaging its windshield. But those who get kicked by Vishal in Poojai not only do all the afore-mentioned acrobatics but also fall down, then bounce up, only to be kicked,carried or collected by him again. There are some scenes in which Vishal even rotates in the air, looking like a whirlwind, making Singampola from Dhool look believable. whoa!

They have paid a tribute to Kamal by introducing Shruthi Hassan with 'Kallai Mattum Kandal' played as her wake-up alarm. In TFI there is a vazhakkam. If Sivaji's name is mentioned or if he is credited/praised or if his name/movie is used, it must be immediately followed by a reference to MGR. Illena saami kanna kuthum. But the vice-versa is not always applicable. Thats why upright cops are compared with not only Thangappadhakkam Sivaji but also the not-as-famous-as-TP 'En Kadamai' MGR too. The same tradition applies to Kamal and Rajini. So the scene which follows Shruthi's intro is Suri's intro - we see him dance to Rajini's Adhiradi Karan.

Whenever Shruthi is shown, Kallai Mattum Kandal BGM is played. I was wondering why the music is getting so repetitive. Then came the shock - The first duet featuring the lead pair has the same tune as Kallai Mattum Kandal and it was this music which was played as BGM. Yaaruppa meesikki?

2 places where director has done something differently.
    1) The gutty director has used Andrea for an item(?) song, which only works against the purpose of adding oomph to a kuthu.
    2) About a decade back we saw some heroes working 24X7 to help lovers show middle finger to their parents and elope. Probably post-Nadodigal, they listen patiently to hero's advice about parents's sacrifices and get back home happily. Families are so important for Hari!

I've reached only the interval block. I think I saw Puratchi Thamizhan among the crowd...Yes - the one who asked "Ivanga Drums vasikka namma Bums dhaan kedachidha?" From what I saw till now Pandi,Google Earth and Raghuvaran's close-up photo have been given more screen time than Sathyaraj.

Hope the 2nd half is equally entertaining
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

11. Likes rachel liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    God - Save is from Shruthi Hassan Please. She can be our next Disco Shanti or Jyoti Lakshmi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy