Page 324 of 400 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    I disagree. As we speak Tamil film industry is evolving. As much as you may hate it, I am seeing the dying days of heroism as we know it.
    Having said that, I still maintain that using a non-mass actor was a brilliant move. Compromises would be made whether you like it or not and eventually you will be seeing the mass hero on screen, not Shiva the character.

Low profile movies have already entrenched in our industry and it's just a matter of time before they take the lead.
    Ajay is correct nov..commercial films like TT and Meghaman needs a big hero..TT went unnoticed and now MEghaman will share the same fate..low profile offbeat films cant be compared to commercial films
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TT was the talk of town Mahen. I don't know where you live. :P

Just mark my words on the rise of low profile movies....
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..
    We had a clash last year and we won. The reason why YA had to be delayed is because shooting was done a few days back and the film is not ready yet. If both I and YA clash, it will affect I which needs a good run to recover the cost. I was promoted as Pongal rrlease and they preponed it for the reason that they needed an uninterupted run at least for a few days. If YA was released a few days before I, I team will be in trouble
    Last edited by paranitharan; 2nd January 2015 at 09:47 PM.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..
    +1...have to accept the fact and move on(reg jilla/veeram)

Senior Member Devoted Hubber selvamohankumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    We had a clash last year and we won. The reason why YA had to be delayed is because shooting was done a few days back and the film is not ready yet. If both I and YA clash, it will affect I which needs a good run to recover the cost. I was promoted as Pongal rrlease and they preponed it for the reason that they needed an uninterupted run at least for a few days. If YA was released a few days before I, I team will be in trouble
    Ha ha.. YA was postponed to save I.. Cool..
    Love & Love Only
    -Selvakumar M.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

arun vijay did a fantastic job and it was a decent hit too but wasn't marketed well...wenever i watch it I think it was a tailor made script for vijay....

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvamohankumar View Post
    Ha ha.. YA was postponed to save I.. Cool..
    wish you could read a post that was written in english

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NOV bro,

TT was a well made action film which won rave reviews. But it was not a roaring BO success. Someone like Arun Vijay has a very limited market or no market. Imagine this film or Meagamann done by any of the Big 3. Sureshot BB I would say. Yes, we may see only those mass heroes on screen and not Selvam, the driver or Shiva, the undercover agent. But definitely the producers, distributors and theatre owners would be smiling all the way to the bank.

Meagamann, in spite of all these positive reviews, has not been termed as the pick of the Christmas releases by the trade. Its the Vikram Prabhu movie which has been declared the winner. A mass hero as lead would've ensured Meagamann releasing without any competition.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 2nd January 2015 at 10:36 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makkal theerpe magesan theerppu..sarakku iruntha audinceikku pidichiruntha avangalle hit aakiduvaanga...YA vantha I ikku vettu..I vantha YA ikku vettu..muttalthana maana vaatham..superstara irunthallum ulaga nayagana irunthallum makkal rejeck pannita oru bookkum panna mudyathu..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And regarding market dynamics, nothing has changed much. Small movies, movies by Naalaiya iyakkunargal getting attention is a welcome change. But that doesnt and will not affect the business done by mass hero movies. Both are mutually exclusive.

For mass hero films, the heroes ensure that they pull the crowd to the halls for the first few days and then the WOM takes care of the sustaining. Best examples are Anjaan and Kaththi. Both films were sold out in the first weekend purely on the merits of the actors and directors. And since Kaththi got better WOM, the crowd kept coming for a while but Anjaan toppled from the immediate Monday.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

12. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post