Page 323 of 400 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kappal - need to repaired.

Movie is about a guy and his friends, how friendship ruins love and how friendship unites love.

Works/not to be fixed: some comedy scenes in 2nd half, a movie you dont have to watch with the family (it has become a cliche that u have make movies that whole family can sit and enjoy), creative idea with bad word battle.

Needs to be fixed: length of the movie, screenplay with too many stupid scenes, VTV ganesh is annoying as hell, introduction scenes with childhood memories are too lenghty, bgm songs very poor, few annoying characters, esp the spoiled son who is obsessed with the heroine, police as usual corrupt and violent.

Even though movie is a dissapointment overall, the comedy parts very pretty hilarious, nonstop laugh during those scenes. The director should have worked more on the screenplay and made it less long but with more gripping.
    God bless all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meagamann - a very serious action movie... konjam violent.. but I liked it a lot

I was surprised to see so many girls in theatre today !! If you can tolerate Hansika, the heroine portions are not so bad.. I felt it was very well made - the low profile release may be due to high violence quotient , but there are a few smile-worthy moments too ..

They still showed the old trailer of Yennai arinthal... and a new one for I

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meegaman meaning Captain (of a ship) - a powerful proof of what our directors are capable of, if they are not limited by demands of heroism. Thank god the film was not made with any top heroes, thus what we get is an uncompromised action movie. Felt like watching a hollywood movie. The only compromise was Hansika... but she appears for less than 20 mins.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I felt meegaman was a little slow at times outside of romance portion. Other than that it was really good. I thought Arya wasn't the best choice for the lead. Something about him as an action hero that doesn't work. It is just my opinion though.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Meegaman meaning Captain (of a ship) - a powerful proof of what our directors are capable of, if they are not limited by demands of heroism. Thank god the film was not made with any top heroes, thus what we get is an uncompromised action movie. Felt like watching a hollywood movie. The only compromise was Hansika... but she appears for less than 20 mins.
    True. Hansika being the only compromise.

But if some mass hero had done the film without any additional buildups, it would've done wonders at the BO. Arya looks muscular, tall,etc. But a mass hero has to show the right emotions in his face. Even someone like Dhanush, in spite of being puny, emotes well in such films. Example is the hospital scene in Polladhavan.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 2nd January 2015 at 09:53 AM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    True. Hansika being the only compromise.

But if some mass hero had done the film without any additional buildups, it would've done wonders at the BO. Arya looks muscular, tall,etc. But a mass hero has to show the right emotions in his face. Even someone like Dhanush, in spite of being puny, emotes well in such films. Example is the hospital scene in Polladhavan.
    +1
    one

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree that magizh thirumeni needs big heros for his films..his efforts will be wasted..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahen

Your forecast is happeningபொங்கல் ரேசிலிருந்து விலகும் படங்கள்!

ஜனவரி 14, 2015ல் பொங்கல் சிறப்பாக அஜித்தின் ‘என்னை அறிந்தால்’, விக்ரமின் ‘ஐ’, விஷாலின் ‘ஆம்பள’, கார்த்தியின் ‘கொம்பன்’, மற்றும் சிவகார்த்திகேயனின் ‘காக்கி சட்டை’ வெளியாகும் என தகவல்கள் வெளியானது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.
    ஐந்து படங்கள் ரிலீஸ் ஆகும் என எதிர்பார்க்கப்பட்ட நிலையில் தற்போது ‘என்னை அறிந்தால்’ ரிலீஸ் ஜனவரி 29 என மாற்றப்பாட்டுள்ளது.
    தற்போது ‘கொம்பன்’, மற்றும் ‘காக்கி சட்டை’ உள்ளிட்ட படங்களும் பிப்ரவரியில் எனவும் மேலும் உறுதியான தேதிகள் அறிவிக்கப்படாமலும் இருந்து வருகின்றன.

இந்நிலையில் பொங்கல் ரேசில் இந்த வருடம் 'ஐ’ படமும் ‘விஷாலின் ‘ஆம்பள’ இரண்டும் மட்டுமே வெளியாகும் என இப்போதைக்கும் உறுதியாகியுள்ளது. இதற்கு ஒரே காரணம் தியேட்டர் மற்றும் ஓபனிங் டே கலெக்*ஷன் என்ற வழக்கம் தான்.
    ஒருவேளை ‘ஐ’ , மற்றும் ‘என்னை அறிந்தால்’ இரண்டும் வெளியானால் சிறு படங்களுக்கு தியேட்டர்கள் கிடைப்பது அரிது, அப்படியே மற்ற படங்கள் ஒதுங்கி கொண்டாலும் இவ்விரு பெரும் படங்களும் ஓபனிங் கலெக்*ஷன் பார்ப்பதும் சற்று சிரமம் ஆகிவிடும்.
    இதனால் இப்போதைக்கு பொங்கல் ரிலீஸ் ரேசில் இரு படங்கள் மட்டுமே இருக்கும் என எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.

10. Thanks faithiu11 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    But if some mass hero had done the film without any additional buildups, it would've done wonders at the BO. Arya looks muscular, tall,etc. But a mass hero has to show the right emotions in his face.
    I disagree. As we speak Tamil film industry is evolving. As much as you may hate it, I am seeing the dying days of heroism as we know it.
    Having said that, I still maintain that using a non-mass actor was a brilliant move. Compromises would be made whether you like it or not and eventually you will be seeing the mass hero on screen, not Shiva the character.

Low profile movies have already entrenched in our industry and it's just a matter of time before they take the lead.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!