Page 308 of 400 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    this is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah... Iphone6 was very hilarious and vivek's response was indeed out of the world

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak7 View Post
    Yeah... Iphone6 was very hilarious and vivek's response was indeed out of the world
    I have seen clowns who can give Vivek a run for the money in this forum since 2005. And have seen better jokes than iphone. Including lakhs for killing a fan

Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killing a fan? That's so funny... How abt real killing of producers n distributors

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak7 View Post
    Killing a fan? That's so funny... How abt real killing of producers n distributors
    how about fans committing suicide?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post

i too laughed for most of comedy scenes..
    burma bommai - kovai sarala..
    Manobala - Kovai Sarala ...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kathi - Second half top notch ... VJ take a bow! Never expected VJ to act on this script especially after Thuppaki's success. He acted so easily.
    First half.. especially first one hour or so was boring. But later it was crisp and neat. Loved the press scene! Overall kudos to ARM, VJ and Anirudh for rocking BGM's.

Btw : Coin fight reminded Winner Vadivelu's biscuit timing comedy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killing producers LOL.. Where is GV?

Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my sister's recommendation(all my kith and kin are abetting/plotting to make me continue my movie-watching spree!!!) I watched salim. Sitting dumbfounded after watching it! What a great movie! I have become a fan of Vijay Antony! Awesome! There is vast improvement, in naan I felt a nerudal. But salim is superb, spotless! Waiting for the sequel!
    Last edited by pavalamani pragasam; 28th October 2014 at 04:36 PM.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam View Post
    On my sister's recommendation(all my kith and kin are abetting/plotting to make me continue my movie-watching spree!!!) I watched salim. Sitting dumbfounded after watching it! What a great movie! I have become a fan of Vijay Antony! Awesome! There is vast imprin naan I felt a nerudal. But salim is superb, spotless! Waiting for the sequel!
    is salim really a good movie. salim is the sequel of naan, right? so another sequel to salim...hmm...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Poojai

Vasu, the boss.

Whenever I visit my friends, at several living room I find a lot of items scattered around at strategic corners, like a standing ceremic couple, or a bird trying to fly or an elephant in its 'not-so-usual' position, a galoping horse, etc. When asked, I usually get "decoration" as a reply. Hari does a similiar kind of setup in his latest film Poojai, where a truck load of artists join hands to provide an joint family ambience, but their major purpose is to put a smiling face in their dazzling "cultural" wear. Some get the benefit of uttering a word or two, alas the others take hold of a pillar and try to imitate it by standing next to it.

Poojai, Vishal playing a role named Vasu, is an 'Action Drama' which narrates the events happening around a span of few years in an young man's life where he has to battle with the evil that engulfs as the dark clouds over his family tree. Vasu is valiant, where his speech sparks summerised well by his slaps which makes his actions beleivable, well to an extent.

The major highlight of this movie is the Villan, played by Mukesh Tiwari. Eventhough he hangs around as a 'villan-next-door', his integration in the story is quite natural. Its kind of reverse in the sense its usually couple of villans for a hero, but here its a villan for couple of heroes. There are two tracks parallely running in lightening speed, one, which talks about Vasu & his Family laurels, while the next occupies an entirely different form which takes place in a town. The menancing man interviens in both the suituations, making Vasu look like he is fighting against two different opponents. Joining hands, is the stunt coordination which distinguishes the area of the fight sequences, finally providing a signature ending by introducing a saw shotgun during the climax.

Hari also uses a couple of dazzling dames, where Andrea short lives in a song, but Shruthi takes forward her mission. The mission clues are strictly based on the costumes they should wear. Vishal as Vasu is rapid fire. He has frags for fists. Anyone crossing his path just gets exploded. He is supported during the suspense portions by Sathyaraj, who seems to walk in with a group and immediately make a u-turn and fade away with his group. But how these 2 men are pictured by Hari gives a belivable larger than life looks. Other artists like Radhika & Jaya Prakash get their brief moments to shine, but for the rest, its like a walk in the park where one spots a bird which the other misses to see.

Songs, the favorite part of our Tamil films, are anything but hummable. Hari again digs his side bag and takes out his well rehearsed song setups where there is an heroic 'intro-song' which sounds more like the 'beer' song from Samy. Then, there is a 'kuthu-pattu' exactly when the couple's eyes meet and the lyrics are those propositions that contradicts the values that Hari discusses in this movie. A pictorisation of a song in a foreign location gives us a clue that Hari watches foreigns films too like "Les Poupées russes (Russion Doll)".

YSR seems to have come out with sounds that he had heard across in crowded stations. The background score completely gels with the proceeding, the music as noisy as the visuals. But still he manages to find loop holes in Hari's naration and embeds some fabulous YSR styled musical pieces here and there, notably during few 'family reunion moments'. The irony is the choice of score he took for Shruthi, well, Hari intended to make a connection here, which short-circuited.

The team Hari, both filming and processing, has used some fantastic technics to keep up with the pace and intelligently show us something that we already know. That increases the interest to see the proceedings. Another highlight of the movie is Soori. The comedy works inbetween all the heavy proceeding and never compramises the blast Hari intended to bring in. They have tried a bit "Goundamani-Senthil Combo" which works great, if you strictly agree not to draw a comparison. I perfectly enjoyed his english, his spontenous replies - "Gents finger" when asked to give the english name for "Sundakai" - and toping them all, the 'Drunk Soori vs Sage Soori' moments.

Poojai can be watched without any hinderence, as Hari takes care to get you hooked with his trade-mark naration. There are enough elements to get you entertained for its runtime, cleanly & clearly covering all the aspects, those which are throughly enjoyed by native audiences, be it romance or sentiment or action blocks or comedy.

Film : Poojai
    Released Date : 22nd day of October 2014
    Runtime : 2 hours 40 minutes (approx)
    Written and Directed by Hari
    Starring : Vishal, Shruthi Hassan & Others
    Music : Yuvan shankar Raja
    Cinematography : Priyan
    Edited : V. T. Vijayan
    Production Banner : Vishal Film Factory
    Distribution Banner : Vendhar Movies
    Last edited by mappi; 28th October 2014 at 07:20 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India