Page 294 of 400 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saleem - time passing movie

real-la nadikka vendiyathuthan athukkaga sorry sonnakuda sorry-ikke valikkum pola..body language-la irunthu dialoge delivery varaikkum appadi oru somberithanum!vijay anthony sir 2 success vecchi entha mudivukkum vandhidatheenga..irunthalum vazhthukkal..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Megha [2014 : Tamil : Melodrama (Romance, Crime)]
    Written & Directed by Karthik Rishi

Music : IR
    Cinematography : R. B. Gurudev

Banner : JSK Film Corporation

Starring : Ashwin, Srushti & Others

Youngster Mugilan gets few spectacular good effects happening in his life, a neat one being accuring a desired job and the best of all is meeting Megha, a charming young girl who has innocense as her middle name. When happy moments are engulfing their lives, the dark clouds wait just around the corner when Mugil's professional intentions cross roads with his private life putting the only one he owns and loves, Megha, in a great danger where death is not scary at all, but something else that weighs over death is.

A fantastic film. Romance flourishes in this movie, which is not only beleivable but very close. Ashwin was excellent, so was Srushti. Well the movie is not entirely Crime based. To explain it I got to give you 2 terms : Plot-Based Story & Character Based Story.

Plot-Based Story is the one which has lot of Action in it. Murder - investigation - Mr.X menancing Plans - Kidnap - Danger - Climax.

Character-Based Story is more on the involvement of such actions by the characters, mainly the principle one. It revolves around the character and his judgements rather than the action.

Megha is a Character Based Story, and you have to get it straight before entering the hall, else you will get disappointed as the fabulous Youtube or website reviewers who were looking for a twist (LoL). So its basically about Mugil and only about Mugil. He loves Megha, He investigates a Crime, He looses Megha, He gets back Megha. Its not exactly how he investigates or walks around with dark glasses in the dark finding clues or sends the side kicks right thru the window glasses. Its a soft Romantic Tale where an helpless man gets trapped into a suituation that he has not mastered yet. But still, where Karthik Rishi shines is including the suspense in this tale. He throughly shifts from past to present easily guiding us with fine editing by including the sub-plots at regular intervals making it quite easy to follow admist all the romance episodes.

The prime problem I had with the movie is with the Cinematography. The visuals were excellent, but the techique the shots were called for had a heavy dose of blurring the background. Bokeh using a heavy lens, capturing images from far using a large size aperture creates very intense blur that is surely disturbing, atleast for me. Most of the scenes are shot like that. Oh, sorry to get technical here, let me short explain it to you :

Bokeh is a technique in photography where the background is blurred to project the focus. Aperture is the hole in the lens that allows light to pass inside. It adds a dimension to the image by blurring the background. It also helps in bringing a wide focus and using a zoom lens, it can create magic to the desired image captured. Aperture has different size, each deceiding the size of the blurish parts. Just keep this in mind, and watch the movie you will understand it much. A wonderful technique, but over used in Megha.

In the introduction to the love angle between the main couples, two songs features back to back at a marriage ceremony. The first one is "Uravugal Thodar Kathai". It was so excellent where the emotions were well captured . It had a great impact that at a point of time your heart just flies fast before you. Following it is the awesome song Putham Puthu Kalai. It made my day, again, yes, yet again. Eventhough I favour it to be shot otherwise, it did look charming with the flow.

Few places dialogues are quite funny and enjoyable, but the final output pulls in a lot of melodrama like uttering 'Long-Love-Lines' during much wounded suituations. I am a bit allergic to such moments, but miraculously passed them all and completely enjoyed the film. The beauty potrayed by Karthik Rishi is, it rains whenever Megha is around. When she is far it stops raining - wonderfully used as a part of the naration. And when Mugil watches from top of a Theatre building eyeing for any clue, the poster just below him on the wall is from the movie Kazhugu - there are many such excellent potrayals, please care to note them and enjoy the movie to the fullest.

Megha - Moist

PS : You can now legally watch MEGHA movie in HD at http://www.herotalkies.com/ (Price $2,99 ONLY)
    Last edited by mappi; 9th September 2014 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Spell Check
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Balaajee & A2A,

This is my take on the Megha movie ending :

Spoiler: 

To understand the climax, you got to recollect the begining. When Mugil reaches the hospital he blacks out, and the upside down camera cuts to the title card where clouds swarm in the sky. Here, Mugilo Megamo is just a title song. Soon after, he wakes up and the story unfolds.

Towards the end, he accepts to be with Megha and kisses here forehead. Following it, they are in white dress under a white umbrella (Similar dress they wore during their first meeting). After a few candid shots of them together it cuts back again to the clouds swarming the sky. Here the song Mugilo Megamo has entirely a different meaning and tone altogether.

"
    mugilo megamo sol veru veru
    irandum irando porul onru thaane
    udalal thegathaal irandaana pothilum
    uyiraal unarvinaal athu onruthaane
    neeyo naano iru jeevan onre
    "

So, initially he was thinking of Megha and finally too he is thinking about Megha. Megha is still in Coma, but she lives, smiles and laughs just like the wide spread clouds which are always with him and above him.

There are 2 clues :
    1. After that head surgery, she cannot have grown that much of hair in just "Few Months"
    2. The caption is not the same font - initially in the movie September <date> is entirely a different font than the end "Sila mathangalukku piragu". My guess is that, its the producer cut which included it to give a "happy-go-ending" to the movie, and I strongly beleive Karthik Rishi had thought otherwise which is indeed the best ending possible where you travel back with the song Mugilo Megamo banging your head.

And about the (revenge)murder he commits, well, its an open ending. He may be in jail or Megha is no more or he was escaped by Jayaprakash etc., But the underlining point is that Mugil is so much in Love with Megha that he virtually starts living with her. Vijay Kumar had the same syndrome (It is said by Jayaprakash that Vijay Kumar asks his (dead) wife to serve coffee), so does YGM and now Mugil. So all the 3 had similar feelings, voices and visions - I suppose the main theme of the movie.

Last edited by mappi; 9th September 2014 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Spell Check
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    interesting analytic for film analysts

http://www.wired.com/2014/09/cinema-is-evolving/

6. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Balaajee & A2A,

This is my take on the Megha movie ending :

Spoiler: 

To understand the climax, you got to recollect the begining. When Mugil reaches the hospital he blacks out, and the upside down camera cuts to the title card where clouds swarm in the sky. Here, Mugilo Megamo is just a title song. Soon after, he wakes up and the story unfolds.

Towards the end, he accepts to be with Megha and kisses here forehead. Following it, they are in white dress under a white umbrella (Similar dress they wore during their first meeting). After a few candid shots of them together it cuts back again to the clouds swarming the sky. Here the song Mugilo Megamo has entirely a different meaning and tone altogether.

"
    mugilo megamo sol veru veru
    irandum irando porul onru thaane
    udalal thegathaal irandaana pothilum
    uyiraal unarvinaal athu onruthaane
    neeyo naano iru jeevan onre
    "

So, initially he was thinking of Megha and finally too he is thinking about Megha. Megha is still in Coma, but she lives, smiles and laughs just like the wide spread clouds which are always with him and above him.

There are 2 clues :
    1. After that head surgery, she cannot have grown that much of hair in just "Few Months"
    2. The caption is not the same font - initially in the movie September <date> is entirely a different font than the end "Sila mathangalukku piragu". My guess is that, its the producer cut which included it to give a "happy-go-ending" to the movie, and I strongly beleive Karthik Rishi had thought otherwise which is indeed the best ending possible where you travel back with the song Mugilo Megamo banging your head.

And about the (revenge)murder he commits, well, its an open ending. He may be in jail or Megha is no more or he was escaped by Jayaprakash etc., But the underlining point is that Mugil is so much in Love with Megha that he virtually starts living with her. Vijay Kumar had the same syndrome (It is said by Jayaprakash that Vijay Kumar asks his (dead) wife to serve coffee), so does YGM and now Mugil. So all the 3 had similar feelings, voices and visions - I suppose the main theme of the movie.

The main reason for the confusion is that thought downloaded print missed something at the end....as you watched in legal print...my assumption is wrong. YES CLIMAX SEEMS TO BE DISTURBED BY THE PRODUCTION HOUSE..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HonestRaj,

Recomending to you another Glorious Classic : Ratha Thilagam (1963).

- KV Mahadevan music
    - Kannadasan lyrics
    - Othello Stage Play in English
    - NT style
    - Charming Savithri
    - Nagesh sponteneous replies
    - 2 war scenes
    - Climax
    Mappi, Do you have the online link to download this movie?
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    The main reason for the confusion is that thought downloaded print missed something at the end....as you watched in legal print...my assumption is wrong. YES CLIMAX SEEMS TO BE DISTURBED BY THE PRODUCTION HOUSE..
    I thought the climax would be something like the hero become YG version II.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    A2A,

Another Clue :

Spoiler: 

When the head surgery on Megha was attended to, the doctors pronounce that she has gone into different levels of unconsciousness and she cannot be easily wakened. Mugil rushes to her ward-room and faces the reality but turns away not willing to accept it. He moves towards the window, a drop of saline solution drips with a heavy sound and the window panes pull up - another symbolism from Karthik Rishi, as though Mugil is opening another door of his heart and letting in the drop falling from Megha (cloud) - cut - he turns, surprised to see Megha upright on the bed asking him why he is late - cut : (IR Touch)

Karuvaraiyil, Urangum Oru Kuzhandhai Ena
    En Idhaiyathile, Unai Chumandhu Vaazhven
    Kadavul Vandhu, Ethiril Nindru Kaettaalum
    Naan Enai Tharuven, Unnai Thara Maatten

Making him YGM Version II

Like wise there are so many motifs in the film - (Motif is the representation in a narrative to acquire symbolic meaning. A motif can be a technical feature (a shot angle, a lighting set up), a sound or piece of dialogue or music, or an object) - hats off Karthik Rishi, IR audio sparkles the visual, where the director has used it fully. It has so much value of an experience. IR has kept so many wonderful emotions in the BGM, thats why I did not mention them in my review, as I wished everyone to experience them without any influence.
    Last edited by mappi; 11th September 2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Corrected few lines

Senior Member Devoted Hubber selvamohankumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A2A,

Another Clue :

Spoiler: 

When the head surgery on Megha was attended to, the doctors pronounce that she has gone into different levels of unconsciousness and she cannot be easily wakened. Mugil rushes to her ward-room and faces the reality but turns away not willing to accept it. He moves towards the window and pulls up the pane - another symbolism from Karthik Rishi, as though he is opening another door of his heart - cut - he turns, surprised to see Megha upright on the bed asking him why he is late - cut : (IR Touch)

Karuvaraiyil, Urangum Oru Kuzhandhai Ena
    En Idhaiyathile, Unai Chumandhu Vaazhven
    Kadavul Vandhu, Ethiril Nindru Kaettaalum
    Naan Enai Tharuven, Unnai Thara Maatten

Making him YGM Version II

Like wise there are so many motifs in the film - (Motif is the representation in a narrative to acquire symbolic meaning. An motif can be a technical feature (a shot angle, a lighting set up), a sound or piece of dialogue or music, or an object) - hats off Karthik Rishi, IR audio sparkles the visual, where the director has used it fully. It has so much value of an experience than just watching. IR has kept so many wonderful emotions in the BGM, thats why I did not mention them in my review, as I wish everyone experience it without any influence.
    Mappi,

It takes a brilliant to decipher brilliancy.. U are rocking.. I have been following ur reviews and views on scenes and movie,. It makes the movie more interesting., keep doing it
    Love & Love Only
    -Selvakumar M.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Mappi, Do you have the online link to download this movie?
    No CR, I watched Ratha Thilagam on youtube streaming. Maybe anyone else have a download link to this movie !?!
    You best option would be to get a DVD in store if you are not in a position to watch streaming videos. I checked and it costs about Rs.99 (Landmark). In Amazon India a guys is selling it for Rs.199 (including shipping charges). Hope this helps ...