Page 285 of 400 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    And NOV, is that your review ?
    Yes it is Karthik. IMO Sidharth spoiled what could have been a great movie.
    He should confine himself to romantic roles.
    Just imagine Vijay Sethupathi in the lead! He would have given the entire movie a different dimension!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The role Vijay Sethupathi has done in the movie is much better than Sid's role. There is no scope for hero in this movie. Actually Simha's role should be taken as lead role.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    The role Vijay Sethupathi has done in the movie is much better than Sid's role. Actually Simha's role should be taken as lead role.
    I agree 100% with both your statements.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh OK NOV.

Well Vijay Sethupathy name was kicking inside me right from the time the movie was announced until I watched the end credits through. But we can settle down with his wonderful cameo - the Bus Foot Board Scene was top notch, along with his lower charming tone "Nalla Irruku Sir"

There is no question about your likeness here. All emotions and connections are welcome, thats the real victory for a film and a valuble accolode for a film maker. The major question that rises here is Sethu Vs Karthik character. Let me not go in detail, but will give another chance to role the movie once again. It was never about Sethu, it was always about Karthik. The last scene is where we learn it - A speechless kid becomes the only spoken one. The movie illustrates how that happened. That is why it becomes a great gangster flick showing the actuality as the body and the mafia following it everywhere as a shadow.

I felt the casting is perfect as Karthik character should be underplayed, beautifully done by Siddarth (and this is the 2nd film out of his 11 films that I have watched, so I am not anywhere near his fanbase compound). Just letting you know what I picked up from the film. I watched the film for the trio - Karthik, Simha & Santosh - and was plesantly surprised to have found the 4th head too.
    Last edited by mappi; 4th August 2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

6. Likes NOV liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Vijay Sethupathy was supposed to do Simha's role originally.

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post

Kartik Subbaraj's Jigarthanda arrives with a lot of expectations, especially after the iconic Pizza.
    In fact, he uses the same technique of story-telling here. A whole build-up and the last 10 min twist.
    I actually prefered the second half rather than the first.

The hero and heroine of Jigarthanda are Simha and Sidharth, respectively. Hate-the-sight-of-her LM makes yet another appearance. Thankfully, her part in the whole movie hardly exceeds 15 mins. Simha roars while Sidharth meows. Perhaps Kartik should have taken his own advice and used an appropriate actor for the lead role. Sidharth is so unconvincing, and when he acts "local" its side-splitting.

Vijay Sethupathi does a cameo. And what a brilliant performance! Perhaps Vijay Sethupathi would have been the ideal lead?

Thankfully there is only one song, and two other quarter ... songs. Santhosh's BGM, as always, is good.

I wonder who did the English sub-titling - using swear words is NOT acceptable!

I am confused - is it a good movie or not? Normally, I will judge by how I feel at the end of the movie - if I feel that I want to watch again, its a good movie. If not, it's not. Perhaps I will watch a second time when it plays on TV soon.....
    I fail to understand why LM keeps getting offers
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    I fail to understand why LM keeps getting offers
    I was thinking about it too, on the way back. Could surmise only one reason... she is paying to be featured...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....but i always thought shes yuvar type
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    but i always thought shes yuvar type