Page 272 of 400 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Nee enge en anbe
    Loved the movie, suspense was well maintained throughout. Nayantara was excellent and probably a best actress of the year performance.

Neat thriller. Definitely worth watching.
    oh..really .............neat thriller????..i like thrillers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yaamirukka Bayamey [2014 : Tamil : 2hrs : Horror (Spoof, Thriller, Mystery, Suspense, Humour)]
    Written & Directed by DK
    Music : Prasad

Banner : RS Infotainement

Starring : Krishna, Oviya, Karunakaran, Rupa & Mayilsami

Kiran lives with his girlfriend Smitha, but he is not happy, as his buisness ventures are going for a toss, esp. when the area don is really angry with him. The couple try means to escape the horror of their debts, when an invitation falls on their laps. Following the invitation they reach a deserted bunglow which was left behind by Kiran's father. With the help of Sharath, a localer, and his sister Sharanya, they renovate the buiding and convert it to a motel. This is when bizzare things start to happen, the begining being the customers dying accidental deaths. Its all about how Kiran & Co., hide all these deaths and face the horror magnified much more than the horrors they tried to run away from, the truth behind the bungalow will beat them to death and this time, escape is just not yet an option.

Wonderful film, thoroughly enjoyed it. The beauty is that the humour was terrifying. Its like a tangy sauce. The movie moves more towards the spoof side, but still the horror is kept intact with few scary laughter moments. Esp. I enjoyed a lot the sofa scene which comes towards the end. The films tickles you and keeps you guessing about existence of the ghost or who it would be. But only when you have confirmed that there are no ghosts in the movie, the film actually turns around and gives you the creeps and jumps. To find out whether there is a ghost or not, watch Yaamirukka Bayamey in theatres near you.

The characters are awesome, more awesome is how the new screen writers/directors are revolving the story around the characters and not the other way round. The suspense was good, the film was unpredictable, you are been scared just like taking an haunted house tour where the scream is followed by laughter, jokes are great (a bit adult, and we also need some, don't we), last but far from least, the make-up was extrodinary. What else does an audience want, if the 120 minutes runtime is providing you an awesome entertainment.

Krishna was perfect. Humour comes to him quite cooly and with the support of Karunakaran, they just spray laughter gas. Its quite hard to play such roles where you are serious but on the look its hillarious. They should promote the movie with some behind the scenes footage, as the shooting would have been more hillarious than the film. Rupa walks around with some dashing skirts, and she looked lovely. Oviya takes the traditional train and is a beauty too. The major element is the big eyed expressions of all the 4, and they just have the eyes to make it more big. A wonderful casting indeed. Dialogues are a strength where the timing and delivery are its muscles. You start to wonder how one could think about uttering funny lines in the most life threatening suituation. BGM is a big plus where the MD has briliantly used different instruments to produce ample sound to freek you out. There is a humming which is really haunting. Liked a lot the "Adaikalam - Breathe in, Breathe out" song, a setup like Moulin Rouge and Mayilsami dancing for it was differently funny.

The idea behind one of the sub-plot story was hillarious, the one involving the mirror. Its here I started to laugh a lot and was doing so till the end. Not to mention few deaths, esp. the one in the toilet (LoL). And they sing Junoon Soundtrack, awesome. I re watched the trailer and found the trailer to be one of the well made ones in recent times. It does not give out much but stays quite true to the film and teases you a lot.

The film does leave many things behind, or rather gives way to talk about some holes, but just don't mind it, they are useless. Going by few unexplained events and the climax, I sincerely wish there is a sequel to it.

Yaamirukka Bayamey : Spoofy Scooby-Doo
    Last edited by mappi; 11th May 2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

4. Likes rachel, uruzalari liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damaal Dumeel
    - its high time the directors stop extending the short films into 2 hr mainstream films...
    - summa oru room'la tholaavuradhai 10 nimisam kaaturanga.. more like a tv serial..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know who sets the framework or grammar for a movie, that it should have min of 2 hrs running time and songs etc., if we have a film running less than 1.5 hrs with no songs in it, will the cinema theatres refuse to screen it?
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    I don't know who sets the framework or grammar for a movie, that it should have min of 2 hrs running time and songs etc., if we have a film running less than 1.5 hrs with no songs in it, will the cinema theatres refuse to screen it?
    lets assume the movie is just 1 hr.. will people pay 200 rs. & be in a theater for a 1 hr show?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? Aren't people paying the same amount and watch Hollywood movies which run 90 minutes?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yaamirukka Bayame

Apart from a few dull moments, the movie is watchable. Horror comedy is something which is not seen often these days and its good to see new directors open for such experiments.

Karunakaran may soon topple Santhanam from the top. This guy's presence itself is enough to tickle you.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Why? Aren't people paying the same amount and watch Hollywood movies which run 90 minutes?

thamizh padathukkellam idhu sariya varradhu..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Illa Honest ippolam people are ok with small length movies because the frequency of going to theater has increased.

90's and early 2000 was Diwali,Pongal and Tamil New year ...ippolam every Friday so perusa yaarum kandukka maataanga .. neenga 11/2 padatha oti oti paathurupinga :P.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sari, will you choose between a badam milk presented in a pure form but say in a small cup and a badam milk that is prepared from some essence and watered milk and given in a big glass just because you are paying more? Quantity matters............but Quality beats everything else...... when quality dips, then there is a compromise made
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com