Page 271 of 400 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naan Sigappu Manithan

Thiru does it again. Think of an interesting plot, make a very good first half and then fail to carry it to the end. Vishal was apt. Lakshmi Menon's makeover was horrible. Could've opted for a heroine with a city look. GVP's bgm was surprisingly good. Songs were not though.

Sivan Anna,

NSM does have a drinking scene, in the flashback.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Nee Enge En Anbe - so different from the original..... tough to even call it a remake
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Was decent. Supporting cast was not as good as the original. The scenes themselves are different. The characters are the same but not the scenes. There are loose ends that are left. Without revealing spoiler it is tough to explain. But as the climax closes in you will realize that the story itself is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Climax, Nawazuddin Siddique and the contract killer were some of the best aspects of Kahaani. But its good that they have tried out something different, instead of a scene by scene remake.
    Surprisingly Nee Enge En Anbe is quite original, more original than its original Kahani. While Kahani is lauded (by myself too) to be one of the finest Indian movies, but still its goes awry towards the end, an idea already churned out in one of Madame Jolie's movie. That does not prove anything, as Kahani neatly led us there and bet us flat, thanks to the extrodinary performences of the cast and an incredible suspense.

Nee Enge En Anbe follows the same route of a middle age women coming from US of A to find her missing husband. First few instances shows her innosence and helplessness when she is surrounded by the walls of deception. Slowly, but steadly she holds her breathe, letting all hell loose during the grande finale. What works wonderfully is the climax portions where Annamika, essayed by Nayanthara, is captured under the lens with some gripping lighting effects. The movie on the whole works fine, and its sure to take a shot at it.

Comparing it to the original, the most intruding part is the effective movement of the story. Nee Enge En Anbe lags a lot, with lot of repetions and 'don't know what to do' moments. The back story is what made Kahani wise, in the tamil version its just taken for granted. Also, how the suspense knots were put and how they were revealed was top notch in Hindi version. Our version just focuses on the simple tale in a straight forward naration. But still, I prefer Nee Enge En Anbe finale over Kahani's. Last but not least, post climax was amaturish in 'Where Are You My Love'.

You cannot compare the performences as it happens in 2 different social enviornment. Both were sincere to it, even though Vidhya's pregnant act did tickle the heart which Nayan's wooden face failed too. Nayan was pretty but she choose some of her favorite scenes and performed there. The rest she just seem to be standing. A special mention to her voice, whoever should take the credit. Vaibahv seems to be scoring well with me. Just that he still has to fine tune, he seems to go on&off, but still he had that attitude. Great. He should choose another line of good director to mold him and I am sure he will make it big. Pasupathi over played his role. For an artist like Pasupathy, you should make him understand the role, then just film him performing. Any indulgence would be just what we see in Nee Enge En Anbe. He was awesome as usual with his expressions, and could have stayed on the floor which he didn't. Music/BGM was great too.

Nee Enge En Anbe : Catch me if you can
    Last edited by mappi; 6th May 2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

4. Likes rachel liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vaayai moodi pesavum for different attempt. Very good for one time watching.

Balaji Mohan is still not out of short film hangover.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yaamirukka Bayamey - Enjoyed it. Was super fun except for the 1st 20 to 30 mins.

7. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vaayai moodi pesavum, nee engae en anbey, yaamirukka bayamaen all getting rave reviews which is good and healthy...but do these movies turn profitable for the producers / directors?
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maan Karate

sivakarthikeyan ...... what a wonderful performance... kaattu mokkaiyan... manasula rajini'nu nenappu... u can see rajini's copy in dhanush comedy scenes & this guy imitates dhanush.. now i'm happy.. very very happy for his fans

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oru kanniyum 3 kalavaanigalum
    - much better than few recent films
    - well thought scenes & i was interested till the end
    - before watching this film, i read it was in the lines of "run lola run".. so i watched this too before OKMK
    - Chimbu Devan's dialogues & mild humour.. all good.. its not a humour.. but it will make you smile (if u r not a fan of recent comedies)... siruvar malar scene was
    - Arul nidhi seems to be better than sivakarthikeyan, udhayanidhi etc.
    - eveyone did their part well.. Bindu madhavi, NKPK Bagavathy perumal, Manobala.. its a neat entertainer
    - no songs.. is a major +ve

11. Likes mappi liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many movies with alternate & parallel Timeline theme. Timeline itself is a vast theme, where not much has been explored (mainly in TFI), but everywhere it is just a travel or creating an alternate universe from the vision of the film maker. Their concept is basically the events going back and forth in time, the suspense element being - one's fate divided by time. Here the importance is on the choice one make or how the events take place when one moment is already passed to the other before the actual (and/or) alternate interventions.

Here are few TimeLine based movies that I liked : (Ordered according to my likeness)

Timecrimes (Spanish) : Altering the events in a Timeline with the actions of the persent sees an impact over the past & alters the consequences in the future.

Triangle (Spanish) : The present alters wrt to the future irrespective to the past. Thats a bit complicated, I undesrstand, but thats what I can come up with, without giving away anything about this wonderful "sick & sorrowed" movie. There is a particualr scene, the revelation, that disturbed me for a while.

12 Moneys (English) : Known future, ways to alter it from the present by stirring up the past. Quite complicated, but you will not relalise that while watching the movie, thanks to the fluid naration.

Primer (English) : Play with timeline is fun, but it comes with a huge price where you can even forget what one should have done ! The most complex Time Travel movie I have come across, needs a lot of attention to be rewarded with an awesome ending.

Timecop (English) : An action movie based on Timeline where messing up the past can be a nightmare in the future if you wish to be the one who changed it & the same one who reaps the change.

Butterfly Effect (English) : The question is not whether you have the power to alter the past, its whether you actually have the power to face the consequences after the alteration.

11:14 : This is an out of scope from TimeTravel film but sticks to a moment where the actions of few people intevene with each other at exactly 11:14 (that's the movie name too) and not to be missed - based on Chaos Theory.

The beauty of OKMK is its simplicity. Its just an assemby of well thought short events that happens in 3 sequences seperated by 3 minutes. It explains your fate & its concequences. For ex: the fate says you have to talk to someone on the way out and actually you do with 3 different people whose life has moved in the span of 3 minutes which are either in alignment with yours or yours gets aligned with theirs. Similar encounters are in the church too. Thats a wonderful idea. Similarly, the melon-vendor outside the church and her activity spanned over 3 minutes is a very nice touch. The Tea shop / Church characters shift places or chances or go absent during this span of 3 minutes were brilliant.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nee enge en anbe
    Loved the movie, suspense was well maintained throughout. Nayantara was excellent and probably a best actress of the year performance.

Neat thriller. Definitely worth watching.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    Maan Karate

sivakarthikeyan ...... what a wonderful performance... kaattu mokkaiyan... manasula rajini'nu nenappu... u can see rajini's copy in dhanush comedy scenes & this guy imitates dhanush.. now i'm happy.. very very happy for his fans
    ha..ha..lol.........so funny... i like your saw..........