Page 245 of 400 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    last week watched a couple of classics..

Raththakanneer
    - excellent dialogues, by Thiruvaroor Thangarasu
    - nadiga vEL MR Radha for carrying the film with no great looks of a hero... & his extra-ordinary dialogue delivery, voice modulation, body language.. etc.
    - there are a lot of dialogues to quote.. i'm not doing it here.. watch & enjoy..
    - most of them are re-used by vivek & vivek's famous "eppadi irundha nan ippadi aayitten" is taken from here
    - our Annan Gounder also used a few, but it was not a mimicry show like vivek did..
    - koil kaalai begger & leprosy scenes, dialogues are taken from this film

spl mention:
    - Chandrababu .. he was given more scope to perform amidst MR Radha's act

- people argue Nagesh is the best comedian in TFI & he is the best in body language, twisting the body like rubber etc....
    even before Nagesh, it was done by Chandrababu.. & i checked wiki, he is senior in terms of age & industry experience compared to Nagesh, so there is no point in arguing he might have copied from Nagesh.. Raththakanneer released in 1954 & Nagesh started his career in 1958..

youtube is a great source for watching these classics..

link for full movie

songs are speed breakers..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happened to catch Ratha Sarithiram (My most expected Suriya movie). Can't think that these kind of things are happening in real life.

Coming to acting front Suriya steals the show with his eyes & acting. What awesome expressions !! Was solely watching 2nd time to witness the Jail fight sequence one more time & his chiseled body What a dedication !!

The only culprit of the movie which i felt was the slow motion scenes seen almost throughout the movie... When i saw on the 1st day in big screen i literally got severe headache with the length & especially the swirling cinematography.

Personally feel the Part 1 of the movie to be more engaging as it brings out more violence & emotions storywise.

Though the film didn't fare well @ BO, it was worth each & every penny spent on it.

Way 2 go Suriya. Expecting more from you !!
    Last edited by ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar; 15th January 2014 at 06:54 PM.
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    Thagararu
    - kadaisiyilathan therinjadhu padam mokkai'nu
    - Arulnidhi --- no acting skill.. comedy'ah pesuradha ninaichukittu mokkaiyai poduran
    - waste of time

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    Raththakanneer
    Fully agree with you. Chandrababu / Nagesh comparison was top notch.

Naveena Saraswathy Sabatham
    - vtv ganesh.. karna kodooram on screen
    LoLs
    Last edited by mappi; 16th January 2014 at 04:18 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar View Post
    Ratha Sarithiram
    The only culprit of the movie which i felt was the slow motion scenes seen almost throughout the movie... When i saw on the 1st day in big screen i literally got severe headache with the length & especially the swirling cinematography.
    That comes for free with RGV movies. Department-lam thalaya kalati vechitu thaan parkanom. Carrom coin, tea glass lam nadanthu pogum.
    And yes Jail fight super-a irrukum.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Member Regular Hubber Death Note's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Endendrum Punnagai-Feel good movie.Oruka Parkalam. Santhanam saves the film, thought Vinay also acted well.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Note View Post
    Endendrum Punnagai-Feel good movie.Oruka Parkalam. Santhanam saves the film, thought Vinay also acted well.
    +1 and Jiiva ... indha maadhri egoistic character-la nadikka dhill venum!

Post Thanks / Like
    KappalOttiya Thamizhan

- okay movie, once parkkalam to know about VOC
    - Nadigar Thilagam gives life to VOC on screen.. feels like VOC himself is acting
    - problem with the screenplay is, it has more scenes for other characters like Bharathiyar, subramaniya siva, vanchinathan etc. & one more character, done by Gemini "madasami", i don't know is this character so important.. compared to this VOC's character takes only 65 to 70% of screen time in a 3 hr film

- later i googled for VOC life history.. it seems there is not much details of him after he was released from prison..

link for the history
    http://tamilnation.co/hundredtamils/voc.htm

"But the movie does not focus on him solely with the effect of making the other characters insignificant. Bharatiyar's eccentricity and Subramaniam Siva's forcefulness are well brought out during their segments. Ofcourse these characters have their best scenes when seen with VOC. Subramaniam Siva has his best lines during his visit to the Collector's office with VOC while Bharatiyar shines when asked about his association with VOC in court. Individuals like Gemini Ganesan's Madasami get substantial screen time and Vanchinathan manages to impress us in the little time he is on screen.Maybe because VOC could not accomplish much after he came out of jail or because there are no records of that segment of his life, the portions of the movie dealing with that part seem rather rushed. His transformation to an aged man seems abrupt with only newspaper reports about the death of his fellow freedom fighters being used to indicate the passing of time. "

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kuththuvilakku - on youtube. Poor print but some of the direction is really quite beautiful, and the acting is mostly naturalistic. I think it's the movie I'd most like to see properly restored.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KappalOttiya Thamizhan

- okay movie, once parkkalam to know about VOC
    It doesn't do a good job of creating a dramatic arc out of the story of his life, I'd say the same for Bharatiar and Periyar. The Kamaraj movie I think was the best movie of teh biopics, whatever one thinks of the accuracy of its portrayal.