Page 243 of 400 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so, both veeram & jilla releasing on same day... i'm waiting to see the winner.. i think after Alwar & pokkiri, they are releasing together..
    since both will have almost equal no. of theaters, logically we cannot expect smashing box office reports

any other release for this pongal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the given situation, "smashing box office" could be seen only in the long run, as Balaji in Thee says "Long race-la odura Kuthurai". Who is that horse ?
    As these movies will share the cinema halls and shows, you cannot see any dominance during the release week. As usual each camp will come out with its own "figures". What is to be seen is the consistent long run and it will be visible as the theaters and shows will be considerably low starting from the 2nd week. And only this will show the command each one has on the field eventually getting the winner cup.

If "they" don't start up a fight over it, it will be quite interesting to analyse the pre and post release situations. But I doubt its possible as already "they" are showing signs of gearing up for a tussle.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    I was quite satisfied with the last 3 remakes - Maniac, Evil Dead & Carrie. They were not only sincere to the originals, but they had the same discipline, plus some extra punch suiting the millennium movie goers.

Maniac : Elijah Wood got some real guts to accept the role of Frank after graduating from the Hogwarts. A remake of 1980 classic of the same name, Maniac is haunting with quite a lot of spine chilling moments. Music has a very special mention.

Evil Dead : Not only that it stuck to its original story wise, it also used the same visual effects technics of the 80s. You got all your favorite scenes from the original, like a remastered version, plus an awesome climax which leaves you wanting for more.

Carrie : Stephen King's character with telekinesis power is back. Was quite skeptical about Chloe (the Kickass 1&2 girl) but she does a pretty decent job very well supported by Julianne Moore. Even though I am not favorable to the ending compared to the original, but asked myself "why not" and that was the question that put me off.

All these 3 movies have their share of violence & blood. So if you are planning to watch them, watch them with suitable audience.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    And then there are several other noted films that got released in 2013, the two that caught my interest were the ones selected in Cannes International Film Festival. Amazing movies, Category : "not-to-be-missed"

Omar : Palestinian Subramaniyapuram. It got selected under "Un Certain Regard" (remember I spoke about all the categories in Cannes last May ! Its an associative award with a prize money to identify original style motion pictures and promote them to the world) and it won the Jury Prize, which is quite a prestigious one. The film keeps you hooked from the beginning and the unique film making style captures all your attention. A note worthy aspect of the film is the BGM, no music, only natural sound. There is an escape sequence in a market place, its a wonder to watch as you hear the noises of the market place with respect to the person on screen. An amazing idea and you cannot miss such moments throughout the film.

Zulu : Selected under "Out of Competion" and chosen as the "Closing Film" of the year 2013, Zulu is a dark film on the South African backdrop with enough dose of Drama, violence, action & suspense. Coming from a French Production house, the french director Jérôme Salle has beautifully mixed all the mentioned genres in right quantity. Starring Forest Whitaker & Orlando Bloom (his Will Turner character gets shattered thru this film and I hope he gives some more memorable performances following the foot steps of Di Caprio), Zulu is a film for anyone interested in Crime Fiction.
    Note : Keep a check on the audience for violence & nudity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    In the given situation, "smashing box office" could be seen only in the long run, as Balaji in Thee says "Long race-la odura Kuthurai". Who is that horse ?
    for me, "long race odaradhu" means --> whatever may be the box office collection.. will u watch the film again (or) is it worth watching again?

anyway, i like both releasing on same day & giving a reason to celebrate for both fans.. & a fair stage to perform unlike I release alone, u release alone & lets total it up at the end to find the winner..

i thought, gone are the days when films of 2 big stars release together & watching festive release is one of the biggest achievement to discuss with friends next day at school.. my childhood rememberence are "thalapathy-guna" "muthu-kurudhipunal"...

would have been best if Surya had a release too..

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi, your last post deserves a separate thread : Best of 2013 or something like that.... can I split it?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    NOV, I will be more than happy to accept it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pizza-2 VILLA
    waste film... vekkanume'nu kadaisiyila oru twist..

Post Thanks / Like
    இரண்டாம் உலகம்
    - என்ன கொடுமை செல்வராகவன் இது?
    - நோ கமெண்ட்ஸ்... சிம்ப்லி வேஸ்ட்

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sutta Kadhai - Indha ulgaththukku edho solla varra maadhiri irukku, but I don't get it
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!