Page 235 of 400 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Country for Old Men (film) - you can smell myskin in this movie.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    No Country for Old Men (film) - you can smell myskin in this movie.......
    எப்படிங்க அதற்கும் மிஷ்கினிற்கும் முடிச்சி போடுறிங்க? No Country for Old Men தீமையின், வன்முறையின் காவியம். அற்புதமான கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம், பாத்திரப் படைப்பு.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    எப்படிங்க அதற்கும் மிஷ்கினிற்கும் முடிச்சி போடுறிங்க? No Country for Old Men தீமையின், வன்முறையின் காவியம். அற்புதமான கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம், பாத்திரப் படைப்பு.
    Based on less dialogues, Camera hesitate to move, shot continous after Scene ends...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bullett Raja

An old fashioned revenge drama set against UP backdrop. Many twists were predictable. Saif's one liners and the fast paced screenplay saves the film. Better than many recent masala blockbusters of bollywood.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    சுசீந்திரன்[/FONT][/COLOR] ..கொஞ்சம் வெட்டுக்குத்து விட்டு மீண்டும் வெண்ணிலா கபடிக்குழு போல மண்மணக்க வாருங்கள் மீண்டும்
    Joe, Suseendran's Adhalaal Kaadhal seiveer paakkalaya?
    Last edited by hattori_hanzo; 29th November 2013 at 05:07 PM.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Madras Cafe

A reasonably good thriller on the Rajiv Gandhi assassination episode. I didnt find anything offensive about TN or its people and in fact it only speaks for them . It only questions the approach of LTTE on that particular issue, which Prabhakaran himself admitted as a terrible mistake. Wonder why the movie was banned in TN. Are we too insecure about facing facts?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Madras Cafe

A reasonably good thriller on the Rajiv Gandhi assassination episode. I didnt find anything offensive about TN or its people and in fact it only speaks for them . It only questions the approach of LTTE on that particular issue, which Prabhakaran himself admitted as a terrible mistake. Wonder why the movie was banned in TN. Are we too insecure about facing facts?
    The major accusation made on the movie was that all good characters were shown as Malayalis & the terrorists and bad men were all Tamils. I have not seen the movie but I remember reading Seeman's interview in Rediff about the protests. John Abraham being a Malayali, refused to apologize or bow down to the pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched D-Day. Pretty good fast paced thriller about what will happen if Indian Government becomes bold enough to bring Dawood Ibrahim to India for prosecution. Not a classic but much better than commercial masalas. The surprise was our own Nasser. The last 10 years or so he has been acting in insignificant and sometimes really stupid characters(this path is sincerely followed by Ilaya Thilagam, another good actor). The 'Mayan' of Thevar Magan is nowhere to be seen now. In D-Day, he is not the antagonist but plays a character, very vital to the story and has more screen space than in his recent Tamil/Telugu movies. Had this movie been made in Tamil, the makers would have gone for someone like Jayaprakash and sidelined Nasser. As the head of RA&W, it was good to see him do a good role in a Bollywood film.
    Shruti Hassan acts as a prostitute. Its a small role and she does justice. I didnt like this track much but her performance was good. The other girl - supersized Huma Qureshi had a meatier role.
    Rishi Kapoor - Andha kaalathu dummy hero, who was reduced to nothing in Saagar by KH, and in many other movies by Amitabh, has somehow turned into a very impressive supporting actor. As Dawood, he is terrific.
    Irfan Khan - Never seen any of his other movies. Somehow I always considered him to be an over-hyped actor with a sleepy face. Well, my opinion has'nt changed drastically after watching D-Day but the thing is, with that single expression and many long close-up shots he is able to make us believe he's acting. Adhuvum oru thirama dhaane.
    Arjun Rampal - Romba kovakkaara paya. Adhigama pesa maattar. Vasadhiya pochu.

Those who like political thrillers, kidnap/assasination kind of movies would like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually i didnt find any bad tamilian in the film. There is one traitor character which I thought was a tamilian. But he ended up being a Malayali. If guys like Seeman are desperate to create problems over silly issues, then we cant expect others to consider our opinions when there is really a serious issue.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vidiyum Munn - Brilliant film. Saw the tweets that it is an adaptation of the British film 'London To Brighton'. Checked Wikipedia. The plot is exactly the same. Only hope the makers are more open when they remake/adapt from foreign films.