Page 172 of 400 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    கலிகாலம்(malayalam) பார்க்கணும்! சிறப்பாக இருக்கிறது என முகநூளில் ஒரு விமர்சனம் கண்டேன் !
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neram - Watchable.. may be once, nice entertainer. What happens if few requesting for money with a short deadline and all issues gets fixed by a way of connection (butterfly effect? ).

Thambi Ramaya and Nasser . Few sharp dialogues, Hero is ok, Heroine is xerox of young Nayanthara, beautiful . Nowadays many films are using ayan's rewind formula ( actually ennachuna?).

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    3P3K...

dont knw y these 3 stories r bringing together & interrelated unnecessarily..cheran story kettu vimal love'ai 'thiyagam' pandraaram..athukkulla thevai ilama innoru kathai (Arjun luv) soldraaram... shabba...

U1 is the only saviour in the movie..songs & BGM's ..

Vimal story is intolerable to watch..athuvum antha mokka heroine'kku kodukkira intro scene ...
    Banu & Cheran story is watchable.. vera hero'vae kidaikkaliya..it s unbearable tat my fav. song 'Ahaa kaadhal' is abt Cheran ..
    Arjun & heroine .. appa-ponnu maathiriye irukku.. arjun body'kku eatha ponnu kidaikkaliya...

+

U1.. Banu.. Arjun..

-

Vimal & his pair & their story total waste...
    Last edited by Thala_rasigan; 21st May 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    was listening to shyamradio this morning and they played this christian song by p.suseela - then inimayilum

nice song, it is stuck in my head now - music sounds old ; not sure if this was from an alburm -or- black and white movie?

http://psusheela.org/audio/ra/tamil/...inimayilum.ram
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boss ... ungalukku oru matter theriyuma ...andha fight scene kooda remake pannirukkaru namma captain .I recently saw that movie in a channel. all the sequence ll be same but namma thala mattum konjam kuniju nimira maataaru that is the only difference

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    was listening to shyamradio this morning and they played this christian song by p.suseela - then inimayilum

nice song, it is stuck in my head now - music sounds old ; not sure if this was from an alburm -or- black and white movie?

http://psusheela.org/audio/ra/tamil/...inimayilum.ram
    it's indeed nice song..... ennakku pudicha devotional album "krishna ganam".... especially kannadesannoda lyrics....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    Boss ... ungalukku oru matter theriyuma ...andha fight scene kooda remake pannirukkaru namma captain .I recently saw that movie in a channel. all the sequence ll be same but namma thala mattum konjam kuniju nimira maataaru that is the only difference
    "who am i" ku reply post'ah idhu?

endha padathoda fight solreenga..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neram (Tamil, 2013)
    Written, Directed & Edited by Alphonse Putharen
    Music : Rajesh Murugesan
    Cinematography : Anand C. Chandran

Banner : Winner Bulls Films

Starring :
    Nivin Pauly as Vetri
    Nazriya Nazim as Veni
    Simhaa as Vatti Raja [Pagalavan of Soodhu Kavvum]
    Thambi Ramaiah as Saravanar
    Nassar as iPhone
    John Vijay as Katta Kunju
    Ramesh Thilak as Lighthouse
    Others : Charlie, Ananth Nag, Shabareesh Varma, Crane Manohar, Deepak Nathan [including those actors names I don't know]

Vetri is in trouble : A gaseous episode backfires which results in him losing his job with a MNC company, his over qualification does not find him a new job and moreover he has his sisters marriage on cards. Financially broken, he lends money from a "Ravanan-style-villan" Vatti Raja, who is very cunning that if he does not get repaid, he beds the defaulters wife. Raja lends money to Vetri only because Vetri's friend pledges for him. Months pass, and Vetri manages to repay Vatti Raja as agreed. But the D-Day comes, he is a month back in repayment. Somehow he arranges money just to be picked by an unknown goon. In the meantime his love life is going to the drains also, as his girlfriend veni's father, who gave a nod before, is against their marriage resulting in Veni deciding to evade with Vetri. Moreover her father lodges a complain with the police, and thanks to his pesterings, the police inspector Katta priorises the kidnap case and is after Vetri, too. Meanwhile, Veni is waiting and Vetri is looking for all means to arrange for money as the deadline - the time - fixed by Vatti Raja is 5 pm. Vetri helpless, deceides to do the ultimate - chain snatching. Will he able to get the money back to Vatti Raja or will he ever meet Veni again or his chain snatching episode gets him warranted by the all-ready-looking-for police or does he find the goons who stole the money from him forms the ticking tale of time.

Where should I start ? Should I talk about - the lead actor or the whole casting in general or should I highlight the mysterious main character - BGM or should I keep on applauding the crisp editing or should I focus on the scenario ... I am completely lost in appreciation. Neram has all the ingredients mixed in perfect measure. I would like to highlight how Alphonse has made the movie that puts you upright on your seats. He introduces characters and then speaks about them. He gives a break with a heavy breathing chase and at this point when you wonder whats-up, he introduces another set of characters, so on so forth untill the climax. Its only May and we already got a competitor for Soodhu Kavvum ... Oh my gad !

Nivin - "manly" Santhanoo or Ram Cheran "sans-photoshop" - however you look at him he is handsome, charming and more over emotes well. He is beleivable and we quickly relate to him (thanks to the characterisation and acting) and go on a journey of chaos with him. Next in line is Simhaa. Total constrat to what he did in Soodhu Kavvum. His menancing looks, costumes and dialogue delivery are top notch. And he got some superb running Skills. Ramesh Thilak & his associates (dont know their names) dont have much screentime, but the parts they play are quite seriously funny. John Vijay gives an usual performence of already essayed Police SI and Thambi Ramaih contiunes his "I-am-replacement-of-Vadivelu" act. Nazeer's few scenes just thunders. Nazriya, not much to do either and luckily she does not do "songs-in-swiss" performence but plays a key role in the proceedings.

If BGM is the crown, then Ludwig van Beethoven's Für Elise (commonly known as Letter to Elise) is its jewel. This piece is used a bit more than 3 times in important suituations, but the version are different depending on the suituation. Every character has a heroic intro and slow mo act in this film and the theme playing loud just accelerates the interest. Normaly a much hyped song falls short on the screen (trust me there are lots), but Pistha song is fun. It directly takes a place in the list of song types like Dhool and Nadodigal. And the placement of the song and the suituation are apt. The camera works are great, espicially during the chasing scenes.

For a moment the movie tries to find some dull corners, but it reverts back quite fast. The difference between Neram and Run Lola run is that the later had some depth, but Neram had to satisfy the cultural, social and general mentality of a specific group, thus often going stray. Another film "11:14" where time is the keep player comes to mind, but its nothing to do with Neram, but still ! The long Theme music in cowboy-style slow-mo gets tiring at times. On the whole a well narrated Bad-time Good-time tale.

Neram : Romba Nalla Iruku.
    Last edited by mappi; 22nd May 2013 at 01:57 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    "who am i" ku reply post'ah idhu?

endha padathoda fight solreenga..
    donno the file name and all boss , he paired with ramya krishnan in that film ...

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    D-Day Hindi Trailer

Just for fun :
    Nasser as Mohanlal
    Rishi Kapoor as Tony Montana
    Irfan Khan as De Caprio
    Arjun Rampal as Ethan Hunt
    Shruthi as Emily Browning
    The Team : IMF

Jokes apart : Rishi Kapoor is menacing. For those interested, watch the teaser and get terrified with his end dialogue. I am for the movie, all the best to the team.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India