Page 170 of 400 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jolly LLB..

Gud movie..thoroughly enjoyed.. though no star power in tis film, story is very engaging to watch...
    Simple story..A road accident by drunkard nd 6 people killed...So he is trying to escape frm Justice wit the help of is father nd a famous lawyer..
    Here our hero (Jolly) comes and fight against them nd vows justice to those accident people family..

1st half is average.. 2nd half is gud..

I recommend to all to watch tis movie... worth to watch..

My rating - 3/5..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO GOA GONE (Hindi : 2013)
    Written & directed by Raj Nidimoru / Krishna D.K.
    Vfx: Prime Focus
    Music : Sachin-Jigar
    Makeup for Zombies : Sean Genders / Tom Luthala

Banner : Eros

Starring : Kunal Khemu, Pooja Gupta, Vir Das, Anand Tiwari, bunch of zombie, zombie victims and Saif Ali Khan in an extended cameo as Borris who kills dead people

Three young men [yes, I know many movies are coming out with "3 young men" and so are my intros] who mainly live on drugs, alcohol and women [and yes I know all these young Indians are like that these day - have learnt to live with it] ... So Luv, Hardik & Bunny are carefree youngsters. Luv and Hardik mess up, thanks to the ladies in their life, and are looking for a break when Bunny announces to them that he is leaving to GOA for a conference. The duo manage to get along with Bunny and all three reach GOA. Luv meets Luna [his face book GF, thats what they said] who proposes him to come to a Rave Party [well its nothing but a party where you drink, drug & die] organised by a Russian mafia in a remote island just close to GOA. Whats else you can ask for - the three reach there, but a bit bankrupt, thanks to the boat they just bought to reach their destination. As expected The Rave Party was fun, the only disappointment being, they could not afford the "new drug". The next morning the three wake up and find the whole place calm. When they deceide to exit the island, they encounter the unbeleivable - the rave patry people have turned into Zombies. At a point of time when a girl's presence is needed, Luna joins them, and to end the Zombie Terror, comes Borris. Begins the massacre of Zombies and the mystery behind them turning into zombies (not globalisation for sure - but got to re-think), who is Borris and how they get out of the Island ALIVE is delt humoristically.

Before talking anything else about this movie, I give a picture for you to deceide whether to watch this movie or not. Its better than Zombieland but much below than Shaun of the death. That said - the movie takes up 2 formulas - one that already worked : Delhi Belly kind of humour. It just worked this time too and here they have gone an inch forward and used the 'F' word and other 'cursings' as and when they want. Second formula : experimental - give the audience a new experience and introduce them to a newer evil and escape them from the clutches of Ramsay Brothers horror show. It worked on me, as not only the zombies were funny, but the suituations too.

Kunal Khemu as "jolly-boy" Hardik is excellent. His timing and dialogue delivery is perfect. He increases the humour merely by presenting it naturally. Anand Tiwari as a nerd suits the role of Bunny but Vir Das disappoints a bit as Luv. He looks lost in many scenes which makes him look detached from the happenings. Pooja Gupta - as usual my favorite words - is gorgeous. But her acting is like a zombie in normal-human-make-up. Saif Ali Khan as Borris, does impress us with his presence, until he starts to look or say something funny. But his cameo does pace up the movie and his anger towards the rest of the team is funnier. Special mention to effects & makeups including the suituations created by the writter. Its funny at the same time interesting with the dialogues tickling you. But towards the end it drops down though and there is no such "horror" or "jumping" factors but just shouting and screaming which is a major drawback [but hey what did you expect : Uma Thurman]. Music is nothing but a rehash of exploitation movies bgm - but it does give the right feeling. Stunts and Gun Actions needs tunning.

GO GOA GONE : Hits the dead-eye

[Alarming Risk Factor : Say NO to Settai part 2. Vote Now]
    Last edited by mappi; 14th May 2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Kai po che...

Gud movie..it s pleasure to see lot of different kind of stories r releasing hindi cinema..
    3 Frnds..One goal..Succeed wit facing so many problems..worth to watch..

My rating - 3/5

Post Thanks / Like
    Nautanki Saala..

Gud time pass movie.. bt nt upto the director's previous movie 'Bluffmaster'.. 'Bluffmaster' is one of my fav. movie..

My rating - 2.5/5..

Post Thanks / Like
    24 hours la moonu Hindi Padam-ma ! Kallakunga Thala.
    Do you follow hindi or you watch it with subtitles ? If you know Hindi please try to watch and let me know how you felt about the humour in GO GOA GONE.

By the way, i have not watched any of the 3 movies. Jolly LLB casting seems to be interesting. Kai Po Che heard a lot thru media, but never felt interested to watch it. Nautanki Saala, hearing it hear only. Will try to watch them this weekend if possible.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    24 hours la moonu Hindi Padam-ma ! Kallakunga Thala.
    4 films.. Udhayam nd three hindi films ...
    last sat & sunday'la paarthathu ..
    sat 1 film..sun 3 films..saw it before CSK matches started ..

actually i wil see the movies which r in DVD print only..so obviously subtitle wil be attached wit tat..
    subtitle ilana kooda enakku hindi theriyum..

If you know Hindi please try to watch and let me know how you felt about the humour in GO GOA GONE.
    Go Goa Gone.. i dont hav interest to c it in the theatre.. so giv me time nd i wil tel my review..

Jolly LLB casting seems to be interesting. Kai Po Che heard a lot thru media, but never felt interested to watch it. Nautanki Saala, hearing it hear only. Will try to watch them this weekend if possible.
    am sure u wil like Jolly LLB & Kai Po Che... nt sure abt Nautanki Saala..
    see nd tel ur reviews..
    Last edited by Thala_rasigan; 15th May 2013 at 02:40 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala_rasigan View Post
    Nautanki Saala..

Gud time pass movie.. bt nt upto the director's previous movie 'Bluffmaster'.. 'Bluffmaster' is one of my fav. movie..

My rating - 2.5/5..
    Buddy, how do you manage to catch up one movie every day??
    May vacation ah?
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Post Thanks / Like
    cedy..

weekend only thaan.. if am free in weekend, i cn c 5 films in a day.. believe me...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cedy..

weekend only thaan.. if am free in weekend, i cn c 5 films in a day.. believe me...
    Kudos Buddy...

Ah, the good old days of Bachelorship : I miss it
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Post Thanks / Like
    i cn c 5 films in a day.. believe me...
    Eiffel tower pakathula ungalaku oru salai vaikanom.