Page 130 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    muzhu padaththaiyum paathengalaa? ungalukku award koduththE aaganum
    Mika Nandri.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey aka Lord of the rings Part 0
    Based on "The Hobbit" by J. R. R. Tolkien
    Directed by Peter Jackson [Screen Play : Guillermo del Toro (a name to note for those who do not know him)]

Filmed in 3D - runtime 3 hours

Cast
    A main Hobbit and some other hobbits
    Tall man with white beard
    10+ Dwarfs
    Bizzare creatures and monsters
    A dragon

An adventure tale of Bagins (Frodo's Uncle) about 50 years prior of Lord of the rings. Yes - its about how he got the ring ! What ring ? Watch LOTR. So, When a kingdom of dwarfs is attacked and taken by a dragon, the survivor Prince Thorin vows to take back his kingdom. For this he assembles 12 other dwarfs each one skilled in an art of war. They all know Gandalf. Gandalf tricks Bagins to come with them to the mountains to take down the dragon. Why an hobbit, because the dragon could not get his scent. So they all go, cross forests, get trapped, chased, lost & found and at one point they get trapped in Misty mountains when 2 gaint mountains were fighting. Here there are Goblins - deformed creatures. Bagins escapes them as they could not smell him out but the rest of the dwarfs get caught. Here is the important part : A fall takes bagins to the under under under (yes you have read it right, I said 3 under and not a typing mistake) of misty mountains where he meets Gollum. Gollum looses his ring accidently, which Bagins take. He then uses the ring to escape from Gollum who is last seen screaming and crying in his pathetic hole, while Bagins joins the other dwarfs and flees of the Misty Mountains. Then you have the climax with a gaint on a wolf - an unsettled score between the gaint and Thorin. Then they all, with the help of Huge birds come to a spot where they see the Dwarf's Lonely mountain - their destination. The film ends here, but the journey of the Hobit will continue in the next 2 parts.

Firstly - 3hrs of 3D was too much. Most of us got out with Headaches and dizzyness, eventhough the 3D effects in the movie was spectacular.

Nothing quite new here - just enhanced Special effects. If you are not a fan of Fantasy films (like me), you start to wonder where the movie is going or you will be ready to take a helicopter and get the guys to their destination ASAP. Some moments were really testing my patience.

Action - Most of the encounters looked Gamish. I think the recent PS3 games have much better presentation than this movie. In the movie it looks like LOTR video game.

Only thing that got my attention was - meeting with Gollum and it was nicely done. They have done a lot of experiment on Gollum and has some extra-ordinary effects on the face expression. I recomend all to watch the Gollum episode if possible.

The movie is strictly for
    - Fantasy movie lovers
    - readers of J. R. R. Tolkien
    - LOTR followers
    - the one who projects it in the theatre.

And dont forget to take your amurthangan with you.
    Last edited by mappi; 7th January 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dammu (telugu) - not good

This movie must be sequel to Brindavanam. The only difference is the dose of violence. JR. NTR. didnt improve his acting but only in dance and fighting. Brindavanam had Kajal and Samantha. Dammu has Trisha and Karthika. Same comedians doing some non laughable comedy. Songs are looking colorful and grand. Theres no doubt that Tollywood is bigger than Kollywood. I hope Jr. Ntr. will try out something new than the repeat formula. Ask my idol if it works.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Dammu (telugu) - not good
    Brindhavanam > Dammu > Sakthi

Dammu Highlight : Nasser's Mustache, lion statues, guys running around with Aruval
    Shakthi Highlight : Interval block Sakthi becoming human transformers - even Michael Bay wouldn't have thought it, Climax-la Prabhu & Parakum fight
    Brindhavanam : Family, family & family nudula Prakash Raj

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நடுவுல கொஞ்சம் பக்கத்த காணோம்.. சிறப்பான அம்சங்கள் நிறைந்த படைப்பு. எனக்கு நிறைவை அளித்த ஒன்று..

பாலாஜி தரணீதரன் மொதோ படத்திலேயே பெரிய நம்பிக்கைத் தூணை ஊன்றியிருக்கிறார். வாழ்த்துக்கள். கிளாசிக் வகையினுள் சம்மணமிட்டு அமர்கிறது படைப்பு.

*** டைட்டில் பாடலிலேயே ஒவ்வொரு கதாபாத்திரத்தின் குணநலன்களை பட்டியல் போட்டு ஆரம்பிக்கும் விதத்திலிருந்து.. படத்தின் கடைசிக் காட்சி வரை.. "வித்யாசமா பண்றேன்! வித்யாசமா பண்றேன்!"னு திரிஞ்சிகிட்டு இருக்கிற கோடம்பாக்க இயக்குனர்கள் இந்தப் படத்தை ஒரு வகுப்புப் பாடமாக எண்ணி நிறைய கத்துக்கணும்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 8th January 2013 at 11:15 AM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Julayi - a better telugu movie

A well presented movie that works in telugu, would not click well with tamil audience. Allu arjun is stylish indeed throughout he movie, deservingly called stylish star among fans. Ileana doesnt have much to do than play "like/not like" games with hero, but she plays a crucial part near interval. All the comedians done good job on comedy department. Sonu Sood, and the mute girl are convincing as reall bad guy/girl. Songs by DSP are catchy, dance is good, kudos to choreographers.

The only minus is the end when he reforms into a good guy who listen to parents, old movie stereotype formula that is tiring.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Julayi - a better telugu movie
    I do not wish to pull you into an argument bringing in the similarities of this Trivikram movie and one of your favorite movies of 2012. No suprise that you gave a favorable review for this movie. I watched it for Rajendra Prasad, and was disappointed how his comic abilities were misused. Other than that this movie stays in the bin for me. And for Allu Arjun and his "stylish star" title, no comments too as there would be a "AA veriyan" hidden here.

I get what you said about Illeana, but were you serious about the interval block ? Again I got to bring in Michael Bay. Another nethi adi to him by our film makers.

Nice that someone is watching & posting their take on Telugu movies.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 on TV now
    Just realised something

Take a glass of milk = A
    Take half glass of A mix equal amount of water = B
    Take half glass of B and mix equal amount of water = C

A = Mayakkam Enna
    B = 3
    C = Neethaane En Pon vasantham
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV - mixing paththi-laam pEsa aarambicchuttInga?
    kaadhal iLavarasan kalaith thiRanai nI ariyaai!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    paal thaanE
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!