Page 330 of 400 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    GGV to Ghost in Skype from US: I am waiting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kaviya thalaivan

5 nimisathukku mela intha padatha paakave mudiyala...intha padathukku potta budget thirumba vanthathuna,producer nichayam ARR kaila viluthuthan kumbadanum..

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I - a Shankar extravaganza - everything you would expect and more!

It's not Oscar material but sheer entertainment. Just relax and forget yourself in the visual enchantment. Story wise it's Shankar's version of the Beauty and the Beast. But it's not dark or dry. Not a boring moment.

Expect captivating sceneries, colorful costumes, real good CGI, excellent song picturisations and eye candy beyond your wildest imagination.
    Watch only on the big screen to enjoy every amazing scene.

I - naan merasalaayitten!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that u managed to take notice of other aspects too...
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

6. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darling - stand by me

Another horror comedy, I saw Prema Katha Chitram last year, so the scenes werent surprising. The movie is watchable because of Karunas, Bala saravanan and Rajendran. It relies heavily on comedy portion. The preacher scene, the the seance scenes are worth mentioning. GVP did ok job, but he fails big time when the hero get scared for the first time, in telugu it was superb done by the debutant actor. I still feel it would be better if they went for Nandita ( Prema Katha Chitram) instead of Nikki Gilrani, who did ok job too. Songs were pleasant for a change in a ghost movie, which rarely happens, kudos to GVP, same with BGM.

Sam Anton can be relieved to deliver a family entertainer horror comedy, the real test for him is whether he can do original movie.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darling - Okayish ! 2 scenes which pulled the roof down = Press Meet Scene & Ghost Gopal Varma........
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darling - Plus I don't think you can take Kids to this film... It's got few scenes that won't go well with fam viewing !
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw Kaaviya thalaivan . The movie is good in bits and pieces and definitely great patience is needed to sit through 2.30 hrs.

What works for the movie?
    1. Sets, Costumes, eye-catching Cinematography creates a authentic feel.
    2. Fine performance from Nasser, Prithiviraj and Siddharth
    3. A R Rahman's music that truly takes us to the time period of the movie
    4. Realistic characterization of Nasser, Prithiviraj and Siddharth

What does not work?
    1. Dull screenplay. Though the story provides a great premise, director failed to create an engaging tale. There is no interesting moments
    2. Slow narration. Throughout the course of the movie, I was checking my watch many times
    3. I feel Siddharth lacks the charisma to perform such a character
    4. Sudden introduction of independent movement. I don't understand why such scenes are needed for the movie which deals with the human emotions of jealousy, friendship, reverence etc.,

Overall, though there are many things working for the movie, Vasanthabalan failed to capitalize it because of the sluggish screenplay
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

11. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    I - a Shankar extravaganza - everything you would expect and more!

It's not Oscar material but sheer entertainment. Just relax and forget yourself in the visual enchantment. Story wise it's Shankar's version of the Beauty and the Beast. But it's not dark or dry. Not a boring moment.

Expect captivating sceneries, colorful costumes, real good CGI, excellent song picturisations and eye candy beyond your wildest imagination.
    Watch only on the big screen to enjoy every amazing scene.
    Agreed .. watched today , worth a watch , especially for Vikram and PC Sriram .. I don't expect any serious from shakar , so i don't get disappointed.

13. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aambala - no brainer entertainer.

The movie seems like Poojai part II. Vishal is the hero of the movie and everything turns in favour for him, he romance, he fights, he reunite the family and wins back his love. Hansika is in the movie for one reason: Glamour. Sundar C, has found his lucky mascot after Rambha. The other two heroines (Madhurima: the hot one, Dimple Chopade: not that hot one) has very little to do than show their faces in few scenes. Sundar C has found his new fav comedian in Santhanam, but I still feel most of the comedy scenes in recent Sundar C. movies has Vadivelu trademark all over it. He would have made more impact. Satheesh evokes laughter here n there too. Pradeep Rawat plays the villain, but seems more comical throughout the movie.

HH Tamizha has provided some good songs, and people consider him a competitor to Anirudh. If u consider how many songs HH Tamizha sung himself in the movie, then yes he is Anirudhs competitor. BGM was pretty noisy, he definately needs to improve on BGM.

Sundar C. made a movie that is expected of him: simple story, comedy, glamour, no logic, many twists. Despite many negative things, the comedy portions made me watch he whole movie.
    God bless all