Page 317 of 400 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thirudan Police - preachy and sentimental.

What worked in the movie: comedy, BGM, narens character, john vijay, rajendran, bala saravanan
    What didnt work in the movie: attakathi dinesh, aishwarya rajesh, romance, plot is same and is not new, feels like watching Sigaram Thodu within few months.

To the director: watch lot of movies and try to think of a subject which hasnt been reused times and times again.
    God bless all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ThirudanPolice - neatly done. The film was not boring at any point for me. all the comedy portions worked well. but could have avoided some cliché dialogues.
    I am seeing few people bash this movie just because the hero sings/watches Veeram songs (memes are created ).
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Thirudan Police - preachy and sentimental.

What worked in the movie: comedy, BGM, narens character, john vijay, rajendran, bala saravanan
    What didnt work in the movie: attakathi dinesh, aishwarya rajesh, romance, plot is same and is not new, feels like watching Sigaram Thodu within few months.

To the director: watch lot of movies and try to think of a subject which hasnt been reused times and times again.
    rombha easy ya solitinga....intha range la poi thaan..directors are now starting to think of all the list of phobia's , syndromes , disorders etc and make it as first time ever a bi polar, first time ever something else nu

update - sorry ithu ana soliye aganum....ithey kostins experienced directors / actors ta ketta oru paya minja maattan...atha vitutu pavom new comers...
    Last edited by Nasc; 17th November 2014 at 03:02 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naaigal Jaakkiradhai

Despite all the flaws in the film, Idoh - The dog carries the film on its shoulders (??). A welcome change from the usual mass and comedy entertainers. Not many films have spoken about canines in the recent past and this film manages to do that to some extent.

Sibiraj plays second fiddle to Idoh. And he is also gracious enough to make his name appear after Idoh's in the opening credits. Dharan Kumar's bgm was apt.

On the downside, the villain was too comical. Instead of chosing a menacing artist, they've settled for Balaji, who evokes only laughter and not fear. And there were no reasons behind his crimes.

A 120 minute duration helps the movie to look racy and if you are a dog lover, you can give it a try.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Naaigal Jaakkiradhai

Instead of chosing a menacing artist, they've settled for Balaji, who evokes only laughter and not fear.
    Which 1? RJ Balaji, Sutta Kadhai Balaji or the TV serial comedian Balaji?
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sutta Kadhai I have not seen. But since its not the other two, I guess he is the one. He is also an RJ and has acted in Nanban and Madarasapattinam.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naaigal Jaakkirathai - canine movie sans Ramanarayanan style

This movie had many elements in the movie that could make it very interesting. One of the element is suspense which they could have revaeled near climax. The element that works in the movie is the dog. First half was very funny. 2nd half very serious. Lesson to star kids: take risks. Sibiraj is no hero material, but in movies with good narration and screenplay he can pull it off. Arundhathi looks like next door girl and made her part well. Villains character could have been more vile, he seem more "buried" than alive.

Dharan K. is another highlight in the movie. His BGM is very good and I like the song doggy style.

The director made me courious about Naanayam, after watching this movie. Well done Shakthi Soundarajan
    God bless all

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vanmam [2014 : Tamil : Drama]
    Written & Directed by Jai Krishan

Starring : Vijay Sethupathi & Kreeshna

Chelladurai & Radha come as a wholesome package marked 'friendship'. They are the twix, where one side is chocolate coated, who has a love affair and the other caramel coated, who is just sticking out there for no particular reason. When this twix gets seperated, due to a murder they commit, they are no more a package but stand their own grounds evaluating the suituation according to the guilt the murder had provoked inside them. It leads them to the grand finale inside the twix factory itself where they discover several truth of how a bond is made.

While watching this movie, I had a huge expectation, thats the main reason for my disappointment too. Jai Krishna had solid characters and he churns the events to his best to move his story. Vanmam glitters with suspense, but the glow goes missing completely somewhere in the first half itself. What I was expecting after witnessing a spectacular sub-plot is - Chelladurai, the weak, taking the valliant Radha. Actually the story gets there, but without the presence of neither Radha nor Chelladurai. They both go missing and the dual is cemented with sentiments, where in each corner you see some one crying or screaming or swearing. So the darkness in a relationship is furthur more shadowed, eventhough the premisis was quite gripping.

You can ask why Vijay Sethupathi is in this film ! But he does make a certain mark with his performence. Another gentle actor who uses his eyes to promote an emotion in split seconds. Kreshna looks quite distracted. He is always a second ahead of others and even a sharp editing could not correct it. Sunaina, not my kind of girl, wears some gorgeous looking sarees. Rest of the cast, esp., the police officials or the father-in-law or main side-kicks have given some realistic performence.

Few aspects in the film motivated me to talk about this film, the main one being the accent. Simply loved it. Actually, the 1st 15-20 minutes, I could hardly follow what they were saying, then it grew inside me. The choice of words in various dialouges were so sweet to hear. Think all the participants did a tremendrous job while using this accent. The film also is made in a perfect way, in and around the lifestyle of a village/town, an aspects that interests me a lot and thought that Vanmam nicely captured the lovely things that I would look for. (Saw Appuchi Gramam - Fantastic film, will talk about it later). Editing & fight sequences were note worthy. Thaman left out the rusty feel with his songs, but his suspense BGM were good, also at few places where sentimental bits were running.

Jai Krishna knew that the point that holds his film is the naration as the story and incidents are not rare. So he cleverly crafts few characters, revolves several events around them, where he partially captured my interest. But it becomes a disaster when the characters become so weak and the events that tie them gets diluted. He springs back with an awesome climax, but by this time I was loaded with disappointed, actually not willing to appreciate the attempt.

Vanmam - Circumstantial Victims
    Last edited by mappi; 23rd November 2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Interz,

Naanayam is a decent watch. Though inspired by The Bank Job, Shakthi localized it well.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madras - one of the top 5 films for this year..very engaging screenplay..karthi and co did well..two lovely songs towards the end..heroine no chance of moving into the big league..

Jigarthanda - very good until the last 20mins..the transformation from a gangster to comedy piece didnt work for me..complete disappointment..the were some scenes

Vennira Iravugal - malaysian film..watched for the heck of it..ended up liking it..nothing new story wise but screenplay was quite good..and it was refreshing to see Myanmar..heroine was quite pretty and slim
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

12. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Likes NOV liked this post