Page 277 of 400 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just finished watching 'yaarmirukka bayamey'. it was scary and at the same time it was funny too.unbelievable story though.usual haunted house and ghost,

but enjoyable,scary music made me jump with terror every time i heard it.

2. Likes mappi liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    vaai moodi pesavum
    - director is still in the short film syndrome
    same pinch.

5. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naan Sigappu Manidhan (2014)

Fairly interesting revenge story. For Adults only! Rape+Violence+Revenge are what brings it closer to Rajini,SAC's NSM (1985). Otherwise it looks more like Pandiyanadu-2. Only thing that differentiates this movie from regular revenge drama is narcolepsy. Yet another disorder for producers to make money. But both the director & Vishal have made sure audience doesnt get bored watching the lead man fall each time.
    Vishal is getting better in each film. Remarkable improvement in emotions and dialogue delivery. Its nice to see him play the angry young naive man again, after Samar and Pandiyanadu. Jayaprakash's wish and the way his daughter fulfill's it are weird. Even the twists in the 2nd half are somewhat believable, when compared to this. Villains who are menacing in the beginning get weaker as the film progresses. Addition of the main weak villian, in the second doesnt help. Climax is somewhat similar to Sundarapandian.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

7. Likes mabiqukaumo, mappi liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Poovarasan PeePee .....Loved the film. Hope it gets the attention it deserves
    Liked the movie too. But was a bit let down the way the film wanders here, there & everywhere and again trying to get back on track. Felt that it lost its charm by doing so. The film had an interesting opening, a kind of Enid Blyton-ish mystery, only here the crime is a bit nasty. The 3 lead kid artisit did a great job, well all the kids who participated in the movie did a great job. The music is the main element that grips you with the visuals. I noted 2 extrodinary pieces - one while they help the Iron-Man to drop the clothes, second while a character is tied up and tortured (non-violently though). There were so many wonderful BGM throughout the movie. The music is by Aruldev (www.aruldev.com). Hope he gets recognised.

Where the film stammers is with the triangular love and 2 episodes on friendship breaks. They were quite stretched and long. All the mystry parts were engaging. They could have avoided the gore towards the end. Until then the film was neat, and thanks to Goli Soda, the film makers are motivated to include such scenes in films invloving kids. The Sathukku Bootham & Communinal Riot were funny. Also I liked the whole idea behind the Radio and the day to day limitless items that can be transformed to better use by simply applying a bit of science to them. Casting was great, eventhough Kali was not seen much. Basically I would have loved to see the kids VS Bad Guys, what they do parallely - kids trying to unearth the mystry while the bad guys trying to keep the mystry buried. It would have been more fun.

Poovarasan PeePee : Pasionate PeePee
    Last edited by mappi; 6th June 2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: tried spell check, again!
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manjapai - Turned out exactly like what I had expected it to be. Somehow liked it despite melodramas, cliches and the 90s feel. Rajkiran's performance was superlative.

Un Samayal Arayil - Looks classy and all but was uninteresting for the most part. Worked in parts part for me.

10. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Manjapai - Turned out exactly like what I had expected it to be. Somehow liked it despite melodramas, cliches and the 90s feel. Rajkiran's performance was superlative.

Un Samayal Arayil - Looks classy and all but was uninteresting for the most part. Worked in parts part for me.
    but other than Rajkiran part rest were some what irritating especially VIMAL...Wedding/funeral same dialogue delivery....

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched 'Tamil padam' on another day.. got to knw tat actor satheesh was introduced in tis film ..
    Last edited by Kaarthickb; 9th June 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manja Pai - a movie made to tug at your heart-strings with all the usual cliches. Full exploitatation of Raj Kiran, who acts flawlessly, and is the only worthwhile factor in the movie.
    Vimal is a total waste of an actor and I think even Vishal would have done better. Heroine is ugly, but being Vimal's favourite, manages to get the role again.
    First half hour is sheer torture until Raj Kiran steps into Chennai, literally with a bang. From them on its just his and his alone, show.
    May impress today's generation, but people like us have been there, seen it all.

Watch for Rajkiran, but be prepared for a cliched, boring climax.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Manja Pai -

Heroine is ugly, but being Vimal's favourite, manages to get the role again.
    You mean to say Lakshmi Menon is ugly? Thought she is tolerable...
    not heard anything about her being favourite of Vimal...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    You mean to say Lakshmi Menon is ugly? Thought she is tolerable...
    not heard anything about her being favourite of Vimal...
    oh no Karthik..... you must keep yourself more well-informed.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!