Page 364 of 400 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

  1. #3631
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paalakkaattu Madhavan - a movie to enjoy in.....

    I enjoyed this movie a lot. It is a sentiment/comedy/drama about a young man who is being very irresponsible changes and becomes responsible. Vivek stuns with his timing sense and humour. Sonia Agarwal impressed me too, she is a serious competitor to C-3PO. This is the best movie I have seen in 1980.
    Last edited by interz; 11th July 2015 at 06:14 PM.
    God bless all

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #3632
    Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romeo Juliet

    Loved the Dandanakka Song. Everything else was a pain to watch. Wish they deleted the last 5 minutes of the movie and went with the "not-so-happy" ending.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

    -Vaali

  4. #3633
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    26,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Sonia Agarwal impressed me too, she is a serious competitor to C-3PO.



    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    This is the best movie I have seen in 1980.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

  5. #3634
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    Looks like hulu has it for free.. will try this when I get time.. thank you Ajay and mexicomeat for recommendation..
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/770726
    I'm planning to watch this movie...thanks for giving the link.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

  6. #3635
    Senior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baahubali -

    I saw it with so much expectation and I was left disappointed. I don't know what people were saying about the visuals. It is good but not spectacular. You can tell what are CG and what is not. The story has been done in more than half the movies in India. It was very popular in 70's and 80's. Even far back. There were so many scenes that made me facepalm out of stupidity. some stupid scene made me laugh and others just made me angry. What is up with Indian cinema that creates strong female characters and then reduce them to a sex object for the man to lust over and save. And the hero's motivation was driven by lust. What a pathetic hero.

    I hated Nan E and I hate this movie too.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

  7. Likes NOV, balaajee, venkkiram liked this post
  8. #3636
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    Baahubali -

    I saw it with so much expectation and I was left disappointed. I don't know what people were saying about the visuals. It is good but not spectacular. You can tell what are CG and what is not. The story has been done in more than half the movies in India. It was very popular in 70's and 80's. Even far back. There were so many scenes that made me facepalm out of stupidity. some stupid scene made me laugh and others just made me angry. What is up with Indian cinema that creates strong female characters and then reduce them to a sex object for the man to lust over and save. And the hero's motivation was driven by lust. What a pathetic hero.

    I hated Nan E and I hate this movie too.
    Is it? ஒரு முறையாவது பார்க்கலாம் என்ற எண்ணத்தையே சிதைத்துவிடும் போலிருக்கே!
    Last edited by venkkiram; 12th July 2015 at 06:58 AM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

  9. #3637
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber praboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Bahuballi with jam packed crowd- excellent and must watch..fantastic visuals and vfx...hats off to SSR vision and his guts and his execution skills....kudos to srinivasan mohan...stunts are great...crowd response is terrific...can't wait for bahuballi2...
    2014 belongs to vijay

  10. #3638
    Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    Romeo Juliet

    Loved the Dandanakka Song. Everything else was a pain to watch. Wish they deleted the last 5 minutes of the movie and went with the "not-so-happy" ending.
    Same feeling.. wonder how this movie got a HIT or Above average status??
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

  11. #3639
    Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paalakkaattu Madhavan - enjoyed the movie. vivek is back to form... movie is packed with vivek's double meaning dialogues.

    movie is in the same league as budget padmanabhan and middle class madhavan - if you enjoyed those, you will enjoy this movie too.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

    -Vaali

  12. Thanks gane14 thanked for this post
  13. #3640
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    yaaadhum oorae yaavarum kaelir
    Posts
    323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romeo Juliet - Bad. Idhu dhan unga love ah, illa idhu dhan unga love ah nu ketten.....

    I liked Engeyum Kadhal with this same pair.

    Imman and Dandanakka super, but failed miserably in picturising the song
    எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •