Page 387 of 400 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kirumi

A decent attempt. It did manage to impress in may scenes. But i felt something was missing.

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Deleted for multiple posts-
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    komban

rajkiran sami vanthu aruvala thokki kittu kaatu kattu katharilthile, paathi padam munjiduthu..padathoda herove avaruthan..semma speaker..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maya (2015 : Tamil : 2h20m : Horror)

Written & Directed by Ashwin Saravanan starring Nayanthara.

Maya Mathews is a fictional character based on real person. Inspired from a published book, a team films the events taking much care to be true to the occurred events. The sad story is about Maya, young woman with broken marriage, who is sent to an asylum for murder where she losses her sight due to illegal medication and its here she gives birth to a child too. The child of Maya is taken away from its mother, which angers Maya, who is believed to be still haunting around the asylum in search of her daughter. Apsara is a struggling single lady with an infant whom she is raising by herself. Financial difficulties pushes Apsara to accept an offer that could help her sort out her loans, but also collides with reality and fiction, which permits the meeting of Apsara and Maya, the two women of similar state but from different existence.

Maya-the film is a Reflexive Movie. This self-reflexive film has a whole range of generic elements and filmic codes. The construction of the movie is incorporated with a mix of narational strategies. The interplay between plots consists of melodramatic as well as art - the film appeals to the spectator's comprehension by holding a suitable beginning, a middle and an end, otherwise put creating a disturbance, respective struggle, and the elimination of that disturbance and also it holds the necessary linear logic that stiffens the art. Moreover the film is based on phenomenological philosophy, where a character from the actual reality experiences a complex embodiment by evoking a "Being-in-the-World" situation permitting itself to loiter inside an area which seems to be an alter reality to its mind.

Writer, Director Ashwin Saravanan has employed fascinating number of different and inter-connected narational ways, well assisted by some finest editing by Suresh. Without this pair the whole idea behind Maya would be lost. Closely gaining-in are the fabulous dim-lit shots crisply captured by Sathyan. The cinematography, in the later parts swiftly increases the ambiance. Ron Ethan Yohaan rapidly elevates the subjected darkness or the soul of the movie through finely selected instruments and sounds. Again hats-off to Ashwin for pulling off a convincing post-climax that I enjoyed watching - here you can see the union of the whole team which is simply enthralling.

Maya also brushes a bit over the 'Hollywood-Post-Movie-Beliefs', where certain movies were considered as Cursed or Haunted Sets - The Poltergeist Trilogy, Superman, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, The Exorcist, Entity, Amityville Horror, etc. Ashwin atually uses these events as a backdrop to project the fictional story of Maya into reality.

Nayanthara shines, so does the rest of the actors who reacted and emoted well in most of the scenes - their scares did travel beyond the screen. As usual, just like in Netru Indru Nalai, the film maker wanted to add plenty of substances to a single film. We got to get into a habit of creating sequels or series and not just a big junk of "nothing useful". For instance, somewhere in the beginning of ACT3 an item is introduced, and from there its been given an extraordinary importance. How I see it is entirely as a separate stand alone film. Sequences like that emerge occasionally which could be guarded as an untold mystery where the explanation should be found only in a sequel. But the entire bundle, as a story or as a movie, is good.

Maya works well as a normal film, as well as has its own thought and functioning which gives a moviegoer some variety of experience just like its protagonist Apsara.

Maya - Movie, Medium & Mind
    Last edited by mappi; 26th September 2015 at 03:11 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Junior Member Newbie Hubber nvikky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not above a new movie.. this is about Virumandi.. saw the movie recently (again) and happened to read this yesterday and it is a very good read.. as a disclaimer, i am not sure how far are the facts/ideologies mentioned here are true but definitely a worthy read..

https://thedrunkenmonk.wordpress.com...-on-virumandi/

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nvikky View Post
    This is not above a new movie.. this is about Virumandi.. saw the movie recently (again) and happened to read this yesterday and it is a very good read.. as a disclaimer, i am not sure how far are the facts/ideologies mentioned here are true but definitely a worthy read..

now that's a good review

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nvikky View Post

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aavi Kumar - kumar romba sumaar

It it a bad movie? Not that bad, I think entire movie is shot in malaysia.
    Was it scary? Not at all
    Lead performances? Udhaya (AL Vijays brother) not impressing, the heroine has to be the cutest ghost in tamil cinema so far, the dubbing artist who dubs for many lead actresses made good job as usual.
    Climax? unexpected but funny esp Devadarshini and her husband steals the limelight in last 20 mins.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "99 Homes" - one of the best ever - very realistic and engaging - no big CGI, no over the top action - and yet the film is being received well..

இந்த range பக்குவம் நம்ம audienceக்கு எப்பதான் வருமோ?

PS: there wast just the faintest shade of 'Mahanadhi' (the house eviction thing)..
    Last edited by irir123; 1st October 2015 at 07:22 PM.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Puli - Liked the adventure part which starts with the dwarfs around 40 minutes before the interval and extends some half hour after it. But did not like the remaining part of the film. The 'mass' factor not projected properly and the 'political mileage' dialogues were big downers for me. Vijay looks even younger than Jilla and Kaththi. Dance was very good.

12. Likes gane14 liked this post