Page 338 of 400 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Thats true. But many wouldn't watch that closely.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enakkul Oruvan ...

Goundamani to Prabhu in Mydear marthandan

Goundamani : Ohoooo
    Chinni Jayanth : ahhhaaannnn...
    Goundamani : Enna ahhhaannn? unakenna purinjuducha? naane puriyazma kozhambi iruken...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    JK Enum Nanbanin Vaalkai- not bad either good but luckily cheran decide to release home video DVD. look like telemovie

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Enakkul Oruvan

A faithful remake of Lucia. But since most cinema loving people would've watched Lucia, I wonder how this film would perform in Tamil, considering the lack of commercial elements. However, kudos to Pawan Kumar for making a Nolanesque film in India and to Siddharth and Prasad for remaking it.
    felt Orginal was far better...they could have dubbed the movie & checked their luck...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    JK Enum Nanbanin Vaalkai - Definitely one time watchable flick. The movie has a feel good factor and sure induces positivity. What the movie lacks is impressive writing. The core intent being how the outside events change the inner mindset of a person which in turn triggers a behaviour that leaves a positive impact on everyone who comes in contact with that person. The outside events that calls for change could have been better and the inner mindset could have been well communicated. Both cinematography and GVP's BGM get's along very well with the flow of the movie. The performances and songs are just passable. The script lacks logic at various instances and also has many of the brand TFM cliches which could have been avoided.

Thumb's up to cheran for his intent to make a movie with good message but a solid script could have elevated it to another level.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

7. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oonayum aattukuttiyum watched in vinmeen HD yesterday

mishykin maybe a good writter but very very bad director...better ivaru script writing-oda stopped panni kittu avaru ass.director-a vechi direct panna makkalukku perum punniyama irukkum...mosama director..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enakkul Oruvan, what a film ! well worth a watch, Sidharth best performance till date, heroine is refreshing and very expressive! BGM was excellent, if the songs were "omitted" it would have been even more better.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Movie Buff / Ajay,

Spoiler: 

Eventhough what you have mentioned is right, coming at the very front of the film, I do not think it would make an enormous attentive impact on viewers. Even in Lucia, the guy in coma has trimmed beard as the Hero, and the Theatre worker is a bit toned down.

But I agree with what you have pointed out, I beleive it was nothing purpouseful, but thats how they wished to start the travel of the 3 plots.

19thmay,

Spoiler: 

The movie is based on a a 16th century poem by Kanakadasa. Also spins around a Chinese philosophy by Zhuang Zhou (also known as Zhuangzi) on Lucid Dreaming. Once Zhuangzi dreamed that he was a butterfly, upon waking he was disturbed by a thought as to whether it was a butterfly still dreaming that it is Zhuangzi. The Kanada movie opens with the extracts from the poem by Kanakadasa.

Here is a English translation (thanks to the annonymous translator from internet) :

Are you within illusion? or illusion is within you?
    Are you into the body? Or is the body part of you?

Is space within the house? Or the house within space?
    Or are both space and the house within the seeing eye?
    Is the eye within the mind? Or the mind within the eye?
    Or are both the eye and the mind within you?

Does sweetness lie in sugar, or sugar in sweetness?
    Or do both sweetness and sugar lie in the tongue?
    Is the tongue within the mind? Or the mind within the tongue?
    Or are both the tongue and the mind within you?

Does fragrance lie in the flower? Or the flower in fragrance?
    Or do both the flower and fragrance lie in the nostrils?
    I cannot say, O Lord Adikeshava of Kaginele,
    O! peerless one, are all things within you alone ?

Hope this helps to see the 3 tracks on which the movie runs and finally approaches to say that its past and present with a dream inside of a Single person.

Balaajee,

Spoiler: 

What I promised to you, that I will tell you once Ennakul Oruvan Releases :

The problem with Lucia are the characters who start to wander aimlessly in the later part of the film. You could see there is no development in them and they start looking like walking dead. After a point of time, I mean once the registrations are made and the tracks starts to move parrallely, you start to see the same pattern in the dream sequences. It goes like a flow chart - you know that rhombus box where you put Yes/No redirections. I felt Pawan lacked a bit to forward it convincingly. Also the climax, suddenly Lucia, that was confusing everyone for the past 2 hours, becomes the magical reason and bringing back the Hero was not convincing either. Strictly speaking on the heavy content the initial part of the movie promised.

Comparing it to Lucia, Ennakum Oruvan (EO) got the naration style forward. They are not narating the story, but moving the narration using plot points. Like in Pulp Fiction, the story told in plot wise narration. It was too good in EO too. Casting was perfect, songs (Yeandi was cool), BMG, performence etc., good in EO. Where it could not match Lucia is in its texture. The candid style in Lucia worked big time for me, but EO took the normal route where you see 'artists acting'.
    Last edited by mappi; 9th March 2015 at 07:12 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    EO - Nice Attempt but didn't work out well for me ! Sole saving grace Sidarth and Yendi Ippadi Song !!! Wow.... Enna Ponnu Da !
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    oonayum aattukuttiyum watched in vinmeen HD yesterday

mishykin maybe a good writter but very very bad director...better ivaru script writing-oda stopped panni kittu avaru ass.director-a vechi direct panna makkalukku perum punniyama irukkum...mosama director..
    Watched OA for the 2nd time last week and liked it a lot. Except for some really bad scenes (like those involving villian and his henchmen), most part of the movie was quite compelling.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..