Page 279 of 400 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vadacurry - was watchable .... most of RJ Balaji's so called jokes in the first half did not entertain me .....second half was slightly better

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Naan Dhaan Bala released today. Reviews are fairly good & Vivek's performance is appreciated by critics.
    Nothing much to say about the movie, some may like it.
    IMO : Vivek, Vadivelu & Santhanam fail to hold your attention with their movies released this year. Waiting for 49-O.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Vadacurry [2014 : Tamil : 2H15m : Thriller (Mystery, Suspense, Drama)]
    Written & Directed by Saravana Rajan
    Music : Vivek Shiva & Mervin Solomon (YSR credited for a song)

Banner : Meeka Entertainment

Starring : Jai, Swathi, RJ Balaji, Ajay Raj, Kasthuri, Arul Doss & others, along with Venkat Prabhu

Satish life is miserable. Surrounded by friends and family who don't take him seriously, but thats all he has got, along with another item, his mobile phone, an outdated model. Even the mobile phone is not quite nice wtih him, it puts him into ‘noisy’ trouble here and there. Not able to afford a fancy phone, Satish has one more worry to be depressed, when an ultimate page tuner happens - he comes across a stranded i-Phone. Hesitant but later, he keeps the phone from himself and enjoys the radical changes it brings in his life, until he is taken over by guilt. He decides to return the phone to its owner and makes that one call, which not only changes his life upside down but washes away all his hopes when one by one his dear and near are pushed towards danger.

The film is not as serious as it should be. Its just a light hearted thriller, where the whole spin in life is taken for granted and presented in a jovial way. It does not stop ticking, even after long romance episodes and its intervention when the movie tries to convert itself to suspense. The mystery is well guarded and there are few interesting moments in the film that can put you in alert mode. The plot is a bit similar to "Yenamo Nadakuthu". When Yenamo Nadakuthu was a bit dry, Vadacurry removes the draughtiness through humour, which certainly makes a mark at several places.

Jai was super. He has got a whole big stunt sequence all for himself, and he does it thoroughly. He is sharp and active throughout the movie. But at places he reminds a lot "Raja Rani - Surya". Swathi does a IAPBK, and can be quite irritating. But along with the situation in which Jai puts himself, her irritation gets funny, pathetic guy ! RJ Balaji sweeps his dialogues in a single motion. His fast delivery and few of his naughty actions are sure laughter. Aruldoss, Kasthuri & "Pey Babu" do an impressive extended cameos. Venkat Prabu shows his face here and there and makes it a point to scold Jai. Ajay Raj gets a gripping role and he plays it well. I liked his accent.

Even though the Saw Movie theme was rehashed during the “Jai meeting the i-Phone” episode, the rest of the BGM were wonderful. Catchy, at the same time elevating the humour in each scene was quite brilliant. Moodar Koodam had a single for a dog, Vadacurry got a song for the i-Phone. A well made song, where the contacts become zombies chasing Jai along with the game villans. That’s my favourite song in the album, and the visuals make sense to the lyrics that I had been wondering since I listened to it the 1st time : "Ullangaiyil Ennaivaithu Ulagai vella ninaithaaye" - a direct menace from a phone ! The rest of the songs were catchy, with a song by Gana Bala which introduces us to everyone in the film. Editing and Camera works get a special mention.

The film tries to search itself, which lands as a big drawback. Even though the editing was crisp, the movie runs forward and backward as though the gear box is jammed, before finding a way, any way, to advance. There are a lot of distractions that cut down shiftiness of the film. Few characters were annoying at places, esp. the villain does not do justice to the 2H suspense when it was torn apart. It was as though the aspect itself is a big joke, just like the movie, I would never know. Apart form few other hic-ups, the movie is thoroughly enjoyable, Jai nails it this time.

For the title, if anyone who is wondering how its related to the movie, check the spoilers if you have watched the movie :

Spoiler: 

Vadacurry is a dish normally made out of the remaining previous day's masal-vadais in Udipi Hotels. Similarly, these guys are stealing and making "Poli" Medicine from an expired lot.

Would be glad if Jai gets a decent hit through this film, followed by "Thirumanam-Nikha".

Vadacurry : Thirudathey Papa Thirudathey
    Last edited by mappi; 23rd June 2014 at 04:29 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    BCOOLSTUDIO presents Nattamai (Facebook Version)

6. Likes mabiqukaumo liked this post
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Hilarious...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    (MY) Top 5 Intros in Tamil Cinema

N°5
    Avan Ivan Vishal

N°4
    Ravanan Vikram

N°3
    Vettaiyadu Villaiadu Kamal

N°3
    Mankatha Ajith

N°2
    Sathriyan Vijayakanth

N°1

10. Likes rachel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    (MY) Top 5 Awesome 'Transformation' Scenes in Tamil Cinema

N°5
    Villan => Elloram pottu Adikiranga Sir.

N°4
    Amaithi Padai => Mani thaney un Peru.

N°3
    Annamalai => Intha Naal Un Calender-la kurichi vachi ko

N°2
    Vishwaroopam => Pray Panna vidunga, please.

N°1
    Basha => Ullay Pooooo.

12. Likes rachel, ecureuhapis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    (MY) Top 5 EPIC scenes in Tamil Cinema

N°5
    Inaitha Kaigal aka Hanging Dragons

N°4
    Nan Kadavul aka Janma Karma

N°3
    Mankatha aka King Maker

N°2
    Oru Kaithiyin Dairy aka My Son
    (Spoiler alert)

N°1
    Annamali aka MalaDA

14. Likes rachel liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    will.i.am worked with our a.r.rehman to produce this english version of urvasi urvasi

இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali