View Poll Results: What comes to your mind once you hear the name S.J.Suriya ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Director

8 42.11%
  • Actor

0 0%
  • loser(Good Director let down by a bad Actor)

11 57.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: S.J surya’s Isai

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trailers are previews of a forthcoming attraction, in our case-the films, and they play a key part in promotional activity. Previews have traveled quite far, where it started with text, upgraded to vocal and now replaced with a "video clip" promoting "another video", for information purpose and communicating or addressing to the audience what they are about to see. It is exactly like a telvision commercial, only here these are temporary in the market. They also have genres just like their feature film.

Not many give importance to the trailer and its types. Most of our trailers are content oriented where the audience are more keen with what the trailer holds rather than the trailer itself, thus getting easily disheartened with a very short clip. In TFI, they use a template, the same one, for almost all the films, and everytime its gets a pass as the audience and the films co-exist inside a bubble. Major design used are like a footage or clip that includes dialogues in them. Usually these kind of promotional materials are included in DVDs or any other film during its re-release, and as we do not have such a culture in TFI, we are seeing it as the main and only preview.

A trailer should actually be interesting and provocative rather than showing 'this is what we have made'.

Some movie trailers did break the barrier, like NKPK, which is a Featurettes Trailer, where they just included the making of/behind the scenes clips. Neram had a whole song clip in it. During ARR golden-days, the trailers were purely musical which had a charm in them. Aranya Kandam was completely apart from the regulars. Few recent trailers started to give the prominent characters in the film, initialy they showed only the principle character and his gimmicks. We are also seeing Long Trailers, where the production house accepts the Director's Theory of releasing trailers - the initial one being the Standard Trailer which runs between 90s to 2m30s - followed by a longer version or Theatrical version, making 2 different promotional clips for the same film.

Where they stammer a lot these days are the inclusion of a Teaser Trailer. The fundemental concept of a Teaser Video is annoucing a film work early, as early as before starting to film. Its an exclusive, mostly done for the launch of a film. In most cases its a "provoking the curiosity" material where the clips may not have any connection with the film itself. It is very 'crisp-concept-oriented' and its the most imaginative and original material coming from the director. A glimpse of plagiarism in it, evalues both the film maker as well as the film itself. Teasers are stroming TFI just a week before the movie release too, which I consider very wrong, as people think that Teasers are short versions of Trailers, which is actually a misconception. Mankatha Teaser is the right exemple for a teaser and VP & Team did so many fabulous promotions for this particular movie, showing their command and understanding of film work theories. Whereas (not including actual names) few producers use it to con the audience, it just shows their confidence level with the work they have made. Irony is that, Digital Posters are taking up the ramp doing a 'fashion-show-walk' disguising itself as Teasers, some even publise it as "Digital Poster Trailer Release", which does not make any sense. Posters are indeed very different from Trailers, aren't they ?

Keeping few aspects in mind, the movie trailer can be judged - exception to the likeness towards the movie or the artist. Thus, I always consider movie posters, stills, trailers are the most important category in film making and I give equal importance to them. They are actually the seed that make the audience wait to see it grow as a feature film in a cinema hall. The Trailers should water their curiosity. Isai is one such trailer, which holds the clips directly from the movie and assembles itself a short story. The trailers were like that before the Teaser Epidemic caught hold of film makers and fans alike.

Pin-pointing a trailer just gives my likeness and not anything about the preview work. I like all original Trailers and as a rule the rest I don't talk about, makes things easier that way. If fans and audience apply the theory behind trailers and appreciate it or dicard it sending a message to the film maker, we can have interesting preview and irradicate completely the falsely used ones. But what is happening currently is completely the reverse, where their favorite idol's mashup work is considered to be path breaking or fantastic.

PS1: If you are interested and not just confined only with TFI, look for Indie movie Trailers. They have the most astonishing, original and interesting trailers. If I find time, I will post few in the appropriate threads, but I suggest you follow the Film Festivals and the movies they screen, you can get a truck load of amazing clips, interviews & previews.

PS2: And if you are interested to look further and deep about Trailers, I recomend "Coming Attractions: Reading American Movie Trailers" by Lisa Kernan - A fasinating Read.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    I love it in Tamil films, if they make a disclaimer saying it doesn't represent anyone. We all know that is what Iruvar said in the title cards.
    Wish Surya had not acted in the main role and instead got someone else to do it. Otherwise, looking forward to Isai.
    I wish Surya quits acting and focuses a lot on his lost skills as a director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

4. Likes Mr.GreyShirt, NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Koffee with DD

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    Koffee with DD

விஜய் படத்தில் கோமாளியா கூட நடிப்பேன் ஆனா ஒரு கோடி ரூவா கொடுத்தாகூட ரஜினி படத்துல வில்லனா நடிக்க மாட்டேன் என்கின்ற "உண்மை ராசாவின்" கொள்கை அபாரம்!!..

இதுல இளயராஜாவை கொச்சை படுத்தும் ஒரு கதாபாத்திரம் இவருக்கு ரொம்ப சிறந்த தாக படுதாம்!!
    காலக் கொடுமை!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    விஜய் படத்தில் கோமாளியா கூட நடிப்பேன் ஆனா ஒரு கோடி ரூவா கொடுத்தாகூட ரஜினி படத்துல வில்லனா நடிக்க மாட்டேன் என்கின்ற "உண்மை ராசாவின்" கொள்கை அபாரம்!!..

இதுல இளயராஜாவை கொச்சை படுத்தும் ஒரு கதாபாத்திரம் இவருக்கு ரொம்ப சிறந்த தாக படுதாம்!!
    காலக் கொடுமை!!
    illayarajavai kochai paduthugirathaga neengalae mudivu pannidatheenga sir.padam release aagathume..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    illayarajavai kochai paduthugirathaga neengalae mudivu pannidatheenga sir.padam release aagathume..
    adhu eppadinga.. hero'va nadikkiravarku Rahman role.. villain'ah nadikkiravarkku Ilaiyaraja role..
    vera enna edirparkka solringa..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    yes.. i too felt all the roles he rejected might be a memorable one for him..
    "sivaji" villain would be ultimate... endhiran - no scope for other villain..
    he also rejected napolean's role in "virumandi"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    adhuvum illama.. ippa trend'la irukkura music director'i villain'ah kanbikka mudiyadhu.. adutha padathukku avarkitta poyaganum..
    aana SJ Surya ini Ilaiyaraja'kitta poganumnu avasiyam illaiye..

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast