View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 247 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    I am very sure NEPV will be rated very high in this forum.
    You have said this a hundred times and we get the point. You judging the reaction now itself is as bad as HCRF already deciding that NEPV is a landmark album. Give us a break.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not interested in the comparsion either. The reason I brought it up has been completely missed. Perhaps I couldn't elucidate this clearly enough.
    But I found some points amusing, so I'll respond anyway..

1. Most of his work was not done for any monetary gain. Compared to what ARR and others make now, IR was not paid what his music is worth, but what ever it was, he did work for monetary gain.
    Who decides what is 'worth'?? I mean, how can we say, latter day works he (or Rahman for that matter) were paid their 'worth'. IR-Bharathi compaison-ai vida indha meesic-money comparison kashtam illaiyA?

And what if a particular song was composed for the 'labor of love'. It becomes a category by itself to be judged differently??

And what is 'doing it for money'? An exact one-to-one quid-pro-quo?
    I said how that is not poets operated back then. I gave examples of how bharathi's time was such that it was still not out of the puravalar-pulavar model of financial arrangements.

Did 'who pay' influence his work? I gave examples of how Bharathi has done that and gone about to regret it.
    In music, it is scarcely discernible, no? If you are alleging that what MDs do, do not reflect what they want to do- but merely what they choose to sell, we are still evaluating the scale of achievement in the final output, right? (Of course Raja will grumble 'I wasted my life in films etc.', adhai paththi namakku enna?)

Classical musicians got paid for concerts. Classical composers had patrons. So, are we going to discount them?

Or is it 'sufferance of penury' that makes Bharathi shine? Tagore was from one of the richest families of Bengal. IlangovadigaL was the brother of a King.

I do get your point about the virtue of 'selflessness' but we talking about sheer artistic achievement here, aren't we? In fact the precise words Kamal used were: "bhaaradhikku nigaraana oru talent-nE solluvEn"

2. Bharathi is considered as revolutionary poet (not only in terms of content, but more in terms of style). Tamil poems are referred to as before and after Bharathi. IR can not be used as the before/after benchmark...He mostly stuck to the format and style used by his predecessors. He is the first or only one used lot of WCM elements - that's the only difference IMHO. Majority consider ARR as the before/after benchmark in TFM as well as IFM. (There were people who were using ARR style/technique before Roja, but ARR happened to be the one who took it to the masses)
    idhellAm vishayam therinjavanga, neenga ellAm pEsikkunga.

Just to clarify one last time: I was NOT trying to equate the two ('Hanumanukkum Bruce-Lee-kum saNdai vandhA yAr jeyippAnga'-nnu chinna kuzhandhaigaL kEkkura mAdhiri). I was merely giving it as an example of how 'cute' arrogance looks when it is in past and we look at it with the glow of admiration.

enna kaiya pudichu izhuthiyA?

Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    Whether IR will be revered like Bharathi only future will tell.
    Kamal: un chellappettiya kANamnu solliNdrindhiyOlliyO
    Delhi Ganesh: aamaam
    Kamal: ....kaaNOm
    DG: idhaiyE dhaan aadhyam naan sonnEn
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    HCIRF fans get irritated whenever an unbiased opinion is expressed. That person get immediately stamped as "IR hater", "Hidden Agenda", "ARR Fan' etc etc.
    I am very sure NEPV will be rated very high in this forum.
    pAttu ellAm guppy-yA irukkum. ivanga ellArum summA blindA aahaa-oohoo 'mbAnga appadinnu enna oru unbiased anticipation!

Yuvar pAdinadhukku yERkanavE silapEr thitteetaanga. Dunno if you had a chance to notice all that.
    andha gaandharva kural-la naalu pAttA-nu, nAttula palar peedhiyila irukkAnga.

I will judge based on whether GVM will ever go back to IR.
    pOga mAttArunga. Do vitruvaar.
    aduththa padam Joshua Sridhar.
    adhanaal, aRiyappadum needhi yaadhenil....

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P_R,

I already bailed myself out. Just what I expected...my arguments are being manipulated to make them irrelevant or even worse wrong.

I brought in monetary comparison just to indicate whatever it may be, but it was not a selfless act. On second point, Bharthi's work was just done by himself. Movie songs are mostly team work. Arrogance does not help to be a good team player.

My "unbiased" comment about NEPV review is based on what I have seen in this forum for last 4-5 years, not a prediction. I am sure at least few HCIR fans will say Yuvan's voice is the best choice for that song/situation and IR's genius in using his voice etc etc..... (I just hope Yuvan is not trying to do a Alphons Joseph number for his dad)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P_R,

I already bailed myself out. Arrogance does not help to be a good team player.
    genesis,
    Please don't take me wrong. You have irritated us to the core by your posts. If you have already bailed out, what is the need to say this 'arrogance thing about IR. We can't take anymore such stuff from you. If you think movie songs is about team work, let it be as your thoughts. Just because of that, you can't blame IR as arrogance since he is not operating in that way. I don't know why suddenly every one is targeting IR like this. Is he your relative or he does he owe you anything? You have been listening to his songs right from 80s and you have no complaints till 92, and someone else is making music in a different way, you want this genius to follow the same way as others, otherwise he is arrogant. Please don't spam this thread and inject poison in every post of yours. If you don't like his music, please feel free to stay away. We cannot take this any longer.

I also demand you to remove your post on IR's arrogance, which is totally unwarranted. Enough is enough! I can't stand a genius like Ilaiyaraaja to be treated in such a bad way, if not for his music! He does not deserve all this! Very sorry Raja for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    TeamworkA? That's not how he operates 'nRadhu chinna kuzhandhaikku kooda theriyumE
    HR orientation ellAm attend paNNaNum pOlagudhE!

Brando, Kubrick ellArumE 'tough to work with' reputation uLLAvanga. So?

Post Thanks / Like
    V_S, cool down X 3.
    padam varra varaikkum ippadi yEdhAvadhu pEsittu iruppOmE.

Post Thanks / Like
    P_R,

I already bailed myself out. Just what I expected...my arguments are being manipulated to make them irrelevant or even worse wrong.
    Hmm... didn't get what I did. Thiruppi pOyi padichchu pArththEn.
    I brought in monetary comparison just to indicate whatever it may be, but it was not a selfless act.
    I specifically mentioned that I do get ur 'selflessness' argument, didn't I? Just that it is irrelevant to the point

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    genesis,
    Please don't take me wrong. You have irritated us to the core by your posts. If you have already bailed out, what is the need to say this 'arrogance thing about IR. We can't take anymore such stuff from you. If you think movie songs is about team work, let it be as your thoughts. Just because of that, you can't blame IR as arrogance since he is not operating in that way. I don't know why suddenly every one is targeting IR like this. Is he your relative or he does he owe you anything? You have been listening to his songs right from 80s and you have no complaints till 92, and someone else is making music in a different way, you want this genius to follow the same way as others, otherwise he is arrogant. Please don't spam this thread and inject poison in every post of yours. If you don't like his music, please feel free to stay away. We cannot take this any longer.

I also demand you to remove your post on IR's arrogance, which is totally unwarranted. Enough is enough! I can't stand a genius like Ilaiyaraaja to be treated in such a bad way, if not for his music! He does not deserve all this! Very sorry Raja for you!
    Oh Oh, I am sorry V_S. I keep on forgetting this forum is a virtual temple for IR devotees only and there is no place for "non-believers" like me. My comments on IR are making this holy place dirty. It needs to be immediately cleaned up.

FYI, I did not bring up the arrogance into the discussion. I think it was P_R comparing IR and Bharathi. I commented why Bharathi can afford arrogance and IR can not. For the matter of fact, I do not think IR is arrogant.

P-R - Can you please ban me? I think lot many people will be happy here. (I will be too)
    Last edited by genesis; 26th June 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    TeamworkA? That's not how he operates 'nRadhu chinna kuzhandhaikku kooda theriyumE
    HR orientation ellAm attend paNNaNum pOlagudhE!

Brando, Kubrick ellArumE 'tough to work with' reputation uLLAvanga. So?
    "Tough to work" does not necessarily mean arrogance. You are again cleverly diverting!! I am tired of this game.