View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Next oru sengaaththu boomi varum paarunga which will be sold for 5,000 rupees
    Only meesic director to achieve such a feet.

I think recently 'mudhalvar mahAtmA' (or some movie like that) was given away as free download / open source

(That way, nothing for IRF's to boast on the sale price of NEPV. It's Gautam's achievement IMHO and he would have got it with other top MDs in the market today as well. OTOH, that IR can still arouse interest in such market leaders is definitely something to be proud of! What a staying power! )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vetrimaaran / Mysskin / Kumararaja - We may get something in lines of Azhagarsaamiyin Kuthirai. But we need IR to work in movies where either the director is somewhat youth director or the Cast shud be the new gen. Surya like... Above all, the director shud be someone Raja shud feel this guy has some matter on his head. Gautam is one such. He is not just a fanboy but also had a plan on what to ask to Raja sir, and how to ask.

None of the Raja album has been hyped like this one and Thalapathy, i mean pre-release hype. For that to happen, some youth appeal need to be there. Only then, the film will "pathikkum" in youths mind from the moment the movie is announced.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will definitely got with raja_fan and V_S here. I guess my stand will not surprise anyone, least of all Jai

It is indeed a fact that Raja had become commercially 'weak' but musically he is still the same. The same imagination flows, the same thirst for experimentation, the need to do something different always and that single minded devotion to perfection. While people have been very harsh about his synth usage, I have argued that it is synth usage that is still keeping him current. People understand that he is not in the 'I have done everything' mode and is willing to adapt.

More importantly, as my friend and fellow hubber NagaS, always tells me that is a wonder that Raja's profile is so high inspite of him not being a 'commercial' success. Why has the profile of a music director, who is supposed to have been swept away by a storm, still so high? Why is it so high inspite of making very powerful enemies in the film world? Why is it so high when the biggest and high profile directors refuse to work with him? Why is it high when he knows not how to speak on stage and doesn't seem to understand the ABC of public relations? There could be only one answer: sheer talent. Great masters of Indian music have slowly faded away and have spent their later days in the shadows. Examples abound. But Raja, even today is a major factor and the only reason is that he delivers. And that is the reason why Gautam went to him. He wanted to leverage on 'Brand Raja' and it definitely was not Raja's luck nor was it nostalgia. Gautam is a very good businessman to let nostalgia get in the way of commercial success. He went to Raja because he knew there is still lot of power to Raja's brand and he milked it quite well I would say.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had been posting a couple of facts in a KH thread in TF section and it may be appropriate to mention them here as well.

The trigger point was someone (cinefan? cinemarasigan? ) talking about IR not being considered for a "big-bud-city-modern" movie for a long time (in the course of this meaningless discussion about "whether-KH-will-air-lift-rAsA-to-LA").

1. cheeni kum & pA were city / modern types ; interestingly, rAsA's biggest successes in bollywood happened during the period when he is labelled by TF biggies as "commercially unviable"

2. pazhassi rAjA & SRR are "big bud" movies in the respective fields

3. NEPV should fit both criteria (big bud / city modern) and it happens right here in TF. Commerce even seems to like it

Post Thanks / Like
    App & Suresh

Big budget is not always a Criteria. NEPV is not a big budget right? NEPV landing on Raja's hand is good thing and I am saying about forthcoming strategy. The fans who he already has, thats a good amount. And there airtel supersinger and the Enrenrum raja Concerts are actually letting the gen X know and enjoy the Great melodies of Raja. So a Fan following is slowly happening there. And now that Gautam movie is mostly gonna become a superhit, What would be the next great thing is, Raja to compose for Directors and/or Actors who are considered, or considered by, youth audience. Surya like.

In Directors, even if suppose a Balaji Sakthivel Kind of directors come, i don't think how much impact they will make.

Even a Misskin & Suseendran, instead of a Nandalala & ASK, had they come to raja for a Mugamoodi & Naan Mahaan alla, the whole story would have been different. This is what i am expecting to happen. A Director/Star who is felt youth, or being looked-up by youth and also a Director, whom Raja shud feel, has some sarakku on his mottamaadi.

Otherwise, we will end up with stuff like Dhoni, which, according to me, didnt succeed even to the levels of Nandalala & ASK audio.

Post Thanks / Like
    And this Mallu and Tollywood movies, they ain't gonna help or do any good for Raja in TFM Market. So No point discussing SRR or PAzhasiRaja. Those Loyalists will always come to Raja again but their success wont be felt at all here.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hit films like NEPV once in a while is OK. Since its GVM he would have pushed Raaja sir to do something *extra*. But I don't want Raaja to work for hardcore commercial films for the likes of ARM/KVAnand etc even if top stars are acting. No use of his creativity.

OTOH, scoring for films of great directors of this generation (Vetri/Myss/Kumararaja) - music will be God awesome, no two ways about it. I want THAT! If they become a hit, its a bonus.

Btw Dhoni - non starter. Very poor source material.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Hit films like NEPV once in a while is OK. Since its GVM he would have pushed Raaja sir to do something *extra*. But I don't want Raaja to work for hardcore commercial films for the likes of ARM/KVAnand etc even if top stars are acting. No use of his creativity.

OTOH, scoring for films of great directors of this generation (Vetri/Myss/Kumararaja) - music will be God awesome, no two ways about it. I want THAT! If they become a hit, its a bonus.

Btw Dhoni - non starter. Very poor source material.
    see bolded name - andha aLavukku irreverence raasaavaala handle panna mudima?
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    sarakku uLLa director nnu therinjaa namma Raja poonthu veLaaduvaarunga! And Kumararaja's film itself will speak his talent!

There are talented directors both in Masala and Quality category. If likes of Kumararaja are of Quality creators, directors like Hari(to some extent) are Masala types. I am expecting both types shud go to Raja.

But for that, these directors shud believe Raja can give output as like 80s, for that thought to come into their minds, they shud either have some musical taste, or listen to albums like NEPV. After this album releases, I guess there will surely be some handful of these Directors who will think Raja will help their movie both commercially and musically, at same time, can give songs which can go sit in minds of youth

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oru padattha vechae kumararaja'va nemba thookki nirutthuradhu avlo sariyaa padalai.. romba focus pannaama avara adutthu velai seyya uttu paappom...
    Sach is Life..