View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 246 of 247 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senthil - Absolutely wonderful analysis of Satru Munbu. Looks like you have analyzed before watching the movie but the way you have interpreted & presented the details cannot be a more perfect match to how this song unfolds on screen. It's a brilliant composition from IR and used beautifully by GVM in the screen and serves as a fitting climax to the movie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by writeface View Post
    Excellent, thank you so much! Now how about IR's rendition of "itharkku thaana" from pengaL endraal?
    Check PM Sir.
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumarc View Post
    Senthil - Absolutely wonderful analysis of Satru Munbu. Looks like you have analyzed before watching the movie but the way you have interpreted & presented the details cannot be a more perfect match to how this song unfolds on screen. It's a brilliant composition from IR and used beautifully by GVM in the screen and serves as a fitting climax to the movie.
    Thanks Rajkumar. Great to know it checked out with the movie. I still haven't had a chance to see the movie. I probably will do the two more songs before I see the movie.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the movie and actually enjoyed the movie. Talking about Satru Munbu - it was the right composition for the situation and brought out the expressions really well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    My first look at Saaindhu Saaindhu. Still not sinked in completely. (Also this is based on mp3 version, not sure how it will vary with CD version).

The musical themes and instrumental bits of this film is already etched in my mind even before the audio launch, thanks to GVM and the media. Saaindhu Saaindhu teaser put-off most just for Yuvan's singing. I don't blame them. The starting vocals of Yuvan is underwhelming, but the bad part is how GVM chose this clip to promote, that too as the first teaser. As a stand-alone 30 second clip, it does look awkward even with Maestro's magic guitar. Especially "adadaa yeah hey", he goes very flat with not much life in it that too for the first and second time. Gradually he gets into the groove. To me, it didn't take the interest out of me in Yuvan's singing as I feared, as he was totally onto the basics later on. Surprisingly, when he sings, "adadaa viral ellaam pEsa" he comes back to the mood. If we listen to the full song, the awkward start disappears from our mind, just because Maestro diverts us to a different world altogether with his outstanding (is there a better word?) orchestration and Ramya NSK's vocals. Yuvan gets into the mood of the song quite well from charanam. Good that Maestro did not (and will never) use auto-tune to correct his pitches and left as it is so that it is natural to even say some mediocre singer is singing his heart of love and his lover saying, 'definitely I love you, but for god's sake please stop singing and relieve me' with a sarcastic laugh.

The starting rhythm guitar with electric guitar provides a wonderful counterpoint with a different melody compared to the main melody. This starting piece of guitar arrangements gives the rock ballad feel. Acoustic drums with hi-hat gives the perfect cushion effect to our ears. Just when we were wondering where the bass guitar is, Maestro kicks in the bass when Yuvan sings anu-pallavi, VizhyOdu vizhi pEsa, viralOdu viral pEsa. I love the electric guitar sneaking in with different identity during the anu-pallavi. The culminating anu-pallavi piece is just mind boggling, adadaaa vEru enna pEsa (the telugu version does not get its expected elongation as in Thamizh. The chords are shortened makes it little dampening). The chords beautifully transcends and lands to the ground with that outstanding anu-pallavi melody confirming the jazziness in the song. Outstanding touch! Maestro ends the repeat pallavi with additional 'hey hey hey' beautifully, the main reason would be to give the guitar, drums its extended time of play and a also a nice way to stop it convincingly rather than abruptly to start the interludes. Wonderful thought as ever!
    Lovely post

Reached it through Suresh's blogsposts about the NEPV songs.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Someone here mention about the drumming throughout the album. It is top notch and so much clarity in the drumming. If Raja himself is impressed, that fellow has to be on 'appa tucker' only no? (The thread is growing so fast that when I want to quote someone it takes quite a while to search. So whoever spoke about drumming, please stand up )
    There was a post about it. Who wrote it, whether it was a post here or link to a blog... I don't know.
    Searching searching...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Singer of the song on repeat in my car, 'mudhal muRai pArththa gnAbakam', Sunithi Chauhan, at times remind me of Saroj Narayanswamy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    BTW
    யோவ் என்னையா நடக்குது இங்க , சுனிதி மேடத்த சரோஜ் நாராயண சுவாமி, கே பி சுந்தரம்பாள் அப்டி இப்டினுட்டு.

நிகழ்ச்சியில் நேரடியா பார்த்து அசந்துட்டேன்

ஐயம் சின்ன வயசுலயே டிவி-ல பார்த்து கர்ச்சீஃப் போட்டு வச்சிருந்தேன்.
    அப்புறம் படிப்பு, வேலை-ன்னு வேறு வேறு பாதைகளில் பயணித்து விட்டோம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AravindMano View Post
    #youRemember when they said Yuvan has sung a pathos song our hearts went damaaal.

Who would have thought ? Who would hav thought!

இப்பொ எந்த மூஞ்சியை வச்சுகிட்டு equanimuஸை எல்லாம் சமாளிக்கிறது?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Mikka nandri Suresh ji for your post on Kaatrai Konjam. Adhula varakkoodiya chords pathi konjam sollungalen. Adhavadhu saavu kuthu melatha ketta eppadi oru manusana irukkakkoodiyavan thannaala ezhundhu aadrano (illa control apnnikkaraano), indha paatta kekkumbodhu oru instrument-um vaasikka theriyaadha naan, at a tayathula ella instrument-um vaasikkara oru feel.