View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 235 of 247 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    aakarsh,

Ofcourse, gibberish is any day better than lot of nonsense lyrics we hear in some of the fast paced Telugu film songs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,

Lyrics are the main reason why I cannot dare to play some of the fast paced Raaja songs (for some Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, Balakrishna films) at home and confine them to my ear-phone listening only Imagine - if I play "Seethakoka chiluka" from "Stuartupuram Police Station" at home, I will be kicked out of my house by the end of Pallavi

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    It is a complex piece of orchestration but it is now so familiar that I sing it as if I composed it !! Then there is 'satru munbu'. The multi layered and complex interludes are now child's play. When you listen to orchestration you understand how much melody Raja has built into the work that inspite of the multiple layers and the very complex interaction between the instruments, you are still able to sing the whole interlude without missing a single note. For me it happens that when I am singing the main melody loud, my 'mind voice' is singing the backing orchestration!!! That's how we have become now. Especially when you come to the 'thottu thottu' part towards the end, we get confused as to whether we should sing the main melody or we should sing the chorus that happens in the background!!!

For this reason, I think NEPV is an unique album. Every note of every song in the album is now memorized. And the beauty is that we did not even try to memorize it!!
    Thats exactly what i thought today.It is as if we know these songs already. Particularly Sattru munbu, it is the modern classic climax song like say sangeetha jathi mullai for yester years ..You know how the tune is flowing..how the orchestrations are..you clearly know how he is going to build the crescendo for the grand finish. Cannot beleive that these songs are just born for him.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    hahahah! but wife, who is the lone audience, doesn't think that i am singing stylishly and bursts laughing
    Haha, aakarsh, do you have to spell it out in here, officela enna oru mathiri pArkirAngga, me trying to stiffle my laughter. I do the same thing with the interludes that I can remember. Wife escape, but the torture is on my son. Not all songs, but the ones I remember. Back when we were younger, my brother and I used to do that. I usually take care of the percussion part, he'd do the rest (Poove Semboove and Tenmozhi enthan tenmozhi especially, so you can imagine when this happened).
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    OK, now all those of you who can sing all the interludes in all the songs of NEPV please raise your hands !!! Ah, as expected most of you have raised your hands.

Well, this is one album where the supporting music has embedded itself so easily into our ears as the main melody. I mean there are so many songs whose interludes we all know and cannot sing the song without singing those interludes but in this movie, it is happening to me for _every_ song. Whether it be the minimalistic 'Pengal Enral' or the power packed, 'mudhal murai' or the grand second interlude of 'saindhu saindhu' or the synth of 'ennodu vaa'. Not to mention the WCM beauties of 'satru munbu' and 'vaanam mella' and the jazz treat of 'katrai konjam'.

The second interlude of 'saindhu saindhu' especially is a lovely. Even while I am driving the car and my mind has shifted from the music to the road, this interlude draws me back into the music immediately. I _have_ to sing along. It is a complex piece of orchestration but it is now so familiar that I sing it as if I composed it !! Then there is 'satru munbu'. The multi layered and complex interludes are now child's play. When you listen to orchestration you understand how much melody Raja has built into the work that inspite of the multiple layers and the very complex interaction between the instruments, you are still able to sing the whole interlude without missing a single note. For me it happens that when I am singing the main melody loud, my 'mind voice' is singing the backing orchestration!!! That's how we have become now. Especially when you come to the 'thottu thottu' part towards the end, we get confused as to whether we should sing the main melody or we should sing the chorus that happens in the background!!!

For this reason, I think NEPV is an unique album. Every note of every song in the album is now memorized. And the beauty is that we did not even try to memorize it!!

+10e+10
    this has been my hobby for the past 20 years and keeps me moving (to sing along the interludes).....though it is multilayered it is so well defined that it becomes registered easily...this is what "written" music is all about...it will be so easy to listen and enjoy but is very difficult to create...This is also the reason why compositions of great masters are even now being played and enjoyed...they are so well defined and structured...
    I-aRmony!!

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    one of my students who also sings in local choir has asked for some time to give his feedback abt NEPV - he is a bit baffled by the music - he called it 'weird, odd, hard to put a finger on - the quality is definitely top-notch, but i need time to give a proper review of the same' !!

irir

any feedback from the musicians to whom you gave for review?
    I-aRmony!!

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    Right reaction..you dont want to hear "interesting", "great" from american folks ..for sure..
    any reason for this??
    I-aRmony!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MelHarmony View Post
    any reason for this??
    if an american professional says "interesting" - it means its bad!

professional musicians wud never say "great" - especially something they are hearing for the first time! americans are not used to hyperbole, their comments would be understated - i have heard them call Niagara falls 'impressive' while most of us would go bonkers calling it 'amazing, spectacular' etc etc!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    if an american professional says "interesting" - it means its bad!

professional musicians wud never say "great" - especially something they are hearing for the first time! americans are not used to hyperbole, their comments would be understated - i have heard them call Niagara falls 'impressive' while most of us would go bonkers calling it 'amazing, spectacular' etc etc!
    Interesting

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Haha, aakarsh, do you have to spell it out in here, officela enna oru mathiri pArkirAngga, me trying to stiffle my laughter. I do the same thing with the interludes that I can remember. Wife escape, but the torture is on my son. Not all songs, but the ones I remember. Back when we were younger, my brother and I used to do that. I usually take care of the percussion part, he'd do the rest (Poove Semboove and Tenmozhi enthan tenmozhi especially, so you can imagine when this happened).
    Interesting [and i MEAN IN OUR iNDIAN WAY] confessions

For me its always kaatrai konjam , the easiest target to hum the instruments in between the song and I do it like a typical SJ humming of the 80's.
    My fav are the first 2 charanam opening lines that I often break into .
    Sample these : charanam opening lines :
    Ooril vEru peNNe illai neril undu ErAlam - PABA PABA BA PABA PABA PABA PABA BA PABA PA....[Imagine SJ's PA BA BA BA of "uravenum pudhiya vaanil"]
    Next line would be also gibberish Tamil worded with the same tune as above or even the same words as above repeat
    - And this time follwed by turu ru roo ru thooroo roo roo ..... [manasukkuLa SJ's famous "thu ru thu thu thu thu" of metti oli" humming paadaradhaa oru nenappu] .

Esp in "kaatrai konjam", the oboe, strings all seem to be vying with Karthik and finally emerge triumphant ha ha...