View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 197 of 247 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks V_S. That was very enlightening about the opera style of singing. This song is definitely a milestone, even in the great man's career. Extraordinary grasp of WCM fundamentals at all levels.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Voted for 7/8. Second half of the second half of "pudikkala mAmu" is the only bit I haven't warmed up to. Everything else.. is class apart. I just hope GM does justice to the songs. I'm not too happy to see dialogues eclipsing a major chunk of "Vaanam Mella". Hope he didn't do it to all others.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Raaja Saab sees the current crop (with the exclusion of a few MDs) as being scared to experiment just because they worry about killing off their careers or popularity and I assume he hates that attitude and that is exactly the reason why I feel that he will always only compose the music that he wants (as he said in his interview, that he has to satisfy himself first).

Music is the most honest thing he can create because no matter what he does, it will always be a direct mirror of his soul. So whatever he composes, he is proud of it and finds no reason to think it's weak because ignorant people say so. It's a part of him and nobody can judge him except for himself.

It doesn't matter if you get a hand full bunch or a countless number of fans. IMO a music director should always put themselves first!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Djoko lost his serve with a double fault and smashed his racket. Now Murray on windy side.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Djoko lost his serve with a double fault and smashed his racket. Now Murray on windy side.
    appudeennA?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Rangarajan nambi

There's no doubt that Ilaiyaraaja is well versed in Carnatic music. C'mon he has introduced many Raagams in to the film scene, my favourite being Reeti Gowlai. There are so many songs by him where Raagam unfamiliar listeners (me being one of them) hardly understand any Carnatic theory behind a song. We just feel it sounds right! Then knowledgeable people like you who've learned the music theory tell us stuff like -

Quote Originally Posted by Rangarajan nambi View Post
    For those who have some classical music int., Katrai konjam is a lovely melody set to Sankarabaranam ! R2 , G3 , M1 and D2 are dominant throughout the song but the charanam ends at D1 which is unShankarabaranamish !! That’s why the song is so melodious and attracts everyone on first hearing itself .IR is a mysterious guy when it comes to Carnatic classical ! However, I reserve my comments on Hindustani prowess.
    Changing between raagams is very clever and sometimes I think Raaja Saab doesn't even choose a particular Raagam for a situation. Because he is well versed in the Carnatic field, certain Raagams just flow out naturally and to the educated listeners it seems intentional as they can identify with it. Sometimes sense of harmony is more greater, which is what seems the case to me with "Kaatrai Konjam" but thanks for clarifying the Raagam.

Any idea of what Raagam, if any has been used in "Vaanam Mella"?

Where are the Carnatic illuminators i.e. RR, Vel, etc?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post

Changing between raagams is very clever and sometimes I think Raaja Saab doesn't even choose a particular Raagam for a situation. Because he is well versed in the Carnatic field, certain Raagams just flow out naturally and to the educated listeners it seems intentional as they can identify with it. Sometimes sense of harmony is more greater, which is what seems the case to me with "Kaatrai Konjam" but thanks for clarifying the Raagam.
    The way he composes is very intuitive and natural that you can sort of summarize thalaivar as a inbuilt infinite music processing system with a processor working at the speed of light.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those who have been following Raaja closely in the recent years, (not for the pseudo HCIRFs ) doesnt "satru munbu" remind you of "Naan porandha neramaa" from "KannukkuLLE"? The same angst and frustration in mood, amazing how Raaja has put that emotion under his magnifying lens and worked out this monster of a song!!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    today morning,i was listening the song, 'Pudikkale maamu' while travelling in my company bus..suddenly i recall the song, 'Raaja raajathi raajan intha raajaa'...

am seeing sum similarities betn. tis 2 songs.. is it so ?
    Last edited by lmkbabu; 11th September 2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spell mistake..thx to SS..

Post Thanks / Like
    idhu varaikkum yaarukkume "Kanmani Anbodu" songoda later parts Vanam Mella pattula kekelaya?
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu