View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 177 of 247 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most accessible song of the NEPV album is on loop in my car for the last two days :

என்னோடு வா வா என்று சொல்லமாட்டேன்
    உன்னை விட்டு வேறு எங்கும் போக மாட்டேன்

செல்லச்சண்டை போடுகின்றாய்
    தள்ளி நின்று தேடுகின்றாய்

அஹ்ஹஹ்ஹா அன்பே என்னை தண்டிக்கவும்
    புன்னகையில் மன்னிக்கவும் உனக்கு உரிமை இல்லையா?

I had to really dig deep to get my kudimakan post, as there had been a deluge of posts on this album after that, both in TF section and here

That way, even though that post is only 3 days old, it looks like I posted ages before!

Let me quote the relevant portion again :

ennOdu vA vA enRu solla mAttEn - michelob beer (or that green bottle Royal Challenge in India), sweet, goes in smoothly and effortlessly, especially lovable on a hot / dry day, with ultra chillness...need to take a few bottles before getting intoxicated (means listen a few times to get a high aka "pOdhum" feel)!
    After umpteen more listens of the song, I still feel the same and I'm happy that my musical antenna / filters are intact! This song is a wonderful 'easy-listen' number in my case and I can enjoy it even during chaotic day-time rides.

rAsA songs are typically strong doses, taxing one's mind / physical / emotions etc and do a lot good during long night drives, keeping me extra alert. OTOH, during rush-hour or 'really-weary-after-work' kind of drives, I find them draining me, even making me impatient and so tend to switch to easy-listens (some justification for my 'kuchchu kuchchu' kai sooppals).

Now, ennOdu vA vA perfectly fits that slot! Make no mistake - I don't endorse Karthik as my replacement for Udit or anything like that here, he may have a reasonably sweet (well, gifted by genetics -may be toned by training) voice but is capable of only average singing by way of getting the right emotions. Or, may be I'm too old to understand the current gen romance where there're only attenuated emotions (I consciously keep SPB/KJY away when listening to this song, to not lose enjoyment). inthappaiyanukku 'kuRumbu' appadeenna ennennE theriyAthA? :sigh:

rAsA is on a kuRumbu mode, thru out the song - short and sweet bursts of instrumental responses to the singer in the pallavi and first saraNam are typical of him. And the dramatic synth turn during 2nd interlude / synth bass in saraNam could be situational for the movie (as speculated by Srikanth D in Srini's FB). Like Sureshji mentioned during the teaser time, it has some retro feel but I strongly object to any reference to "80's". Simply because, there had been no such prominent numbers in 80's - may be 60's feel. There's a song in 'entE manasiloru' from 'thEnmAvin kombaththu' that was deliberately done in retro mode for stage dance, creating a 60's feel. Remember rAsA resorted to similar comical references to yesteryears in some songs during 80's (2nd interlude of rAjA kaiya vachchA references 'eNNi eNNippArththu manam inbam koNdAduthE').

Bottom line, I don't agree to this 'eightees feel' claim. Tell me sixtees feel for EVV song and let's talk.

ok, I'm blabbering without posting why I really picked this song to post about today! Simply because it's a Friday!

During the SPB-IR series, I used to pick a 'maRRa' song and often explained what the slang usage of that means in youththu-Malayalam. If one cannot recall, let me just say, 'maRRa paribAdi', that literally means 'the other program' is a slang for pAluRavu. That way, in this song, Na.Muthukumar has suddenly won over me with his kuRumbu and I'm doing a big vAbas on all the comments about him being so-so etc. ALu rombakkuRumbunga

I won't go into details (Plum will come and remind me family forum - family man). So, I'll just post the relevant lines of the poet and it's up to you to imagine things :

கன்னத்தில் அடிக்கும் அடி முத்தத்தாலே வேணுமடி
    மற்றதெல்லாம் உன்னுடைய இதழ்களின் இஷ்டப்படி

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, as I mentioned previously, this song is Gautham's "gateway" for the current TFM listeners to "get into" the NEPV soundtrack.

He knows they're brought down to the level of enjoying only 'kolaveRi' & 'ennamO EdhO' kind of easy listens. If one serves them an 'iLanjOlai pooththadhA' (or something of similar complexity), they're going to be baffled / feel uncomfortable. Remember, both the female tracks (which may take time for current TFM-ers, why even some casual-kind IRFs, to digest) were completely shielded from all the earlier teaser / promo etc.

So, Gautam's plan must be to use EVV to bring the "mass crowd" into his fold with a gospel-music-like, instantly-catchy, retro-feel (and so quickly recalled / hum along etc) song, a teaser of it, promoting it in a mall etc to get them warm up to his new album. Compared to the sAindhu sAindhu teaser, EVV teaser had double the response! Even the varied views, reviews on the net and here and there seem to confirm that non-serious TFM listeners may choose EVV as their first choice from the album

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Added Poll. Made it to take in more than one choice. If you think that's not fair, let me know.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Armano .
    saindhu saindhu and kaatrai konjam

By the way, can someone please add a poll option in the TFM section thread as well? Not a song-level one but probably to evaluate the general opinion of folks on the album as a whole.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted for "PengaL Endraal" - really loopy rock song.. U1 - u have one supporter in me dude for your "feel" singing and nope - it was not him trying to ape ARR. ARR voice has even more deeper punch and would have rocked this song to the core, but u have done a great job too. and muththu kumar - when the dust settles down you would be praised too for your wholesome lyrics..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    நான் எட்டுக்குமே போட்டுட்டேன்

Post Thanks / Like
    BGM blog Suresh analyzing the orch

Now, what does that symmetry mean to an average listener? A sense of satisfaction that we inherently feel while listening to a piece of orchestral music could also be because of us intuitively experiencing the innateness, the precision and the clarity in the ideas of the creator that comes through the composition. There are no random music fillers or ambiguous musical ideas. When every single layer of instrument in the given piece of orchestral music feel like it is there for a specific definitive purpose, which it is serving with utmost diligence, you can’t help but fall obsessively in love with the music and the composer

Post Thanks / Like
    India Today gives 4 stars

Though I used to read their political / news articles with a lot of interest those days, I don't have any idea as to how their reviews of art items are. I don't even know if they regularly review film music albums.

In any case, this is seems to be an ok one

Next up is Yennodu va va by Karthik. Inspired yet again from the 1980s, this soulful number qualifies as the best song of the album. You may find it very old-fashioned, but it is pleasing at the same time.

You couldn't have asked for a better album. Pick up this album and get drenched in the musical shower.

Post Thanks / Like
    3 B's comment on rAsA

Balachander, who enjoyed the show with child-like enthusiasm, read out his experiences with Ilayaraja.

When asked about his favourite song among those composed by the maestro, KB said his vote was for 'Pooongatru Thirumbuma...' from his good friend Bharathiraja-directed 'Mudhal Mariyadhai'. Balachander, referring to Gautham Vasudev Menon, said the right age to direct love stories was 40 and it was during his 40s he made romantic films such as 'Ek Tujhe Keliye'.
    I'm reminded of kumudam's April fool joke on KB

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neethane En Ponvasantham’s theatrical trailer crosses 1.2 mn views in 5 days!

~The trailer surpasses all records of the most viewed video ~

http://www.groundreport.com/Media_an...r-cros/2947917